+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
My country of residence is Canada ...i feel.unlucky too ,because the applicat
I'm sorry to hear that.
Maybe the processing time will be different for you? But judging by the people on the Montreal thread (which is a small subset of the total applicants), it takes about 8 months from AoR to get approvals

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that.
Maybe the processing time will be different for you? But judging by the people on the Montreal thread (which is a small subset of the total applicants), it takes about 8 months from AoR to get approvals
what's your country of residence? and what is your current status?

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I'm in the US.

AoR Jan 28
Meds completed in Feb
Biometrics completed March 27
Nothing new since then.

I was pretty hopeful in April because I heard a lot of the US applicants get a final decision within 120 days, but it turns out that's mostly people who weren't sent to Montreal

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Let's keep our fingers crossed and all we can do is to wait patiently.

Since I am in Canada, there is no Biometrics request for me.
Yeah. Good luck to all of us.
It really doesn't help with the patience thing when you see people who applied later than you already getting PPRs, but what can you do

a14r

May 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
Am relieved that there is a group for cases assigned to the Montreal office. Had spoken to IRCC over phone to check status and enquired about the office where my file was. Was told my case was assigned to Montreal.
Here are my details:
  • FSW-Outland (USA)
  • AOR - 12-Mar-2019
  • MEP - 29-Apr-2019
  • Biometrics - 06-May-2019
Glad we have company in this waiting game.

Ovcm

May 16, 2019
Late update:
Thought of sharing our timeline since our application was at Montreal visa office.
AOR: 12 th sep
FSW Outland ( reside in USA)
Med passed: 10 th oct
PPR: 13 th may
I wish everyone to get PPR soon.
Thanks to all for the useful posts here. It really helped in the waiting game.
Congratulations!

Reactions: ChildofGod77

a14r

May 24, 2019
Guys, please help me out here. Is it mandatory to have a landing interview before getting your PR or does that only apply to outland applicants?
I believe it is mandatory whether you are inland or outland.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Congrats.

What stream are you applying for?

Do you know if landing interviews are done for FSW? Or just for CEC or PNP?

I´m asking you this because my file is also now in Hamilton (previously it was in Montreal), but still in IP2.
I am fsw-inland.

My file first started off in Sydney, they sent it to montreal after 2 months. In montreal it gathered dust for 4 months without being touched. Finally moved to Hamilton. I had an RCMP request. And once I submitted RCMP my file was approved in a week. however I went to my local MP to get my landing expedited. Otherwise was being told that it.might take 2-6 weeks from approval to get an appointment