+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I just got an e-mail response from the IRCC webform I submitted 5 business days ago:

"Furthermore, you will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on January 28, 2019.

· Your application is currently being processed at the local IRCC office in Montreal, Quebec.

· The responsible office has not begun verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you."
It seems I belong to this thread.

1. What is this "background verification"?

I'm guessing criminality check?

2. My AoR is Jan 28, no ghost updates.
Medicals passed in Feb, Biometric completed Mar 27
US resident.
The background status on my IRCC account reads, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Is this what people refer to as "IP2"? It seems like the message will change to something else (IP1) when my application is moving along?

It seems like I'll be waiting a long time before I hear back about my application from reading this thread.

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
of course you can bring her.

Where is your landing interview scheduled?
Thank you friend, I am just trying to be sure and want to avoid a situation where we could be denied entrance to the interview due to low space or something. It is scheduled to be in downtown Vancouver.

bumblebee_18

Jan 30, 2019
Late update:
Thought of sharing our timeline since our application was at Montreal visa office.
AOR: 12 th sep
FSW Outland ( reside in USA)
Med passed: 10 th oct
PPR: 13 th may
I wish everyone to get PPR soon.
Thanks to all for the useful posts here. It really helped in the waiting game.

Reactions: Axwell and Ovcm

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Thanks buddy.

Where does your application stand as of now?
Still waiting patiently. Got a ghost update earlier this week and called next day and was told Eligibility passed but ADR request would be sent soon for consent of unaccompanying spouse. Got the form for this online. Would raise a CSE and send the documents toms.
Trying to be as patient as possible.

acac_br

May 13, 2019
Got landing interview email today. Interview on Monday in Hamilton.
Congrats.

What stream are you applying for?

Do you know if landing interviews are done for FSW? Or just for CEC or PNP?

I´m asking you this because my file is also now in Hamilton (previously it was in Montreal), but still in IP2.

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
Hi All,

I am new to this group..My AOR for PR application is 26th February 2019 and the visa office for me is also Montreal..Is there anyone from FEB AOR group here?

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am new to this group..My AOR for PR application is 26th February 2019 and the visa office for me is also Montreal..Is there anyone from FEB AOR group here?
Mine's Jan 28, so I'm kind of in the Feb group.
I don't know where you're residence is, but I got unlucky and my file was sent to Montreal instead of Ottawa.
A lot of the US applicants getting approved quickly were processed at Ottawa, but Montreal cases seem to take about 8 months from AoR.

jayPiyu17

Mar 19, 2019
Just talked with an agent and he said everything is cleared only thing pending is final decision. Any idea about the time taken for final decision to ppr at montreal visa office?

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
Mine's Jan 28, so I'm kind of in the Feb group.
I don't know where you're residence is, but I got unlucky and my file was sent to Montreal instead of Ottawa.
A lot of the US applicants getting approved quickly were processed at Ottawa, but Montreal cases seem to take about 8 months from AoR.
My country of residence is Canada ...i feel.unlucky too ,because the applicat