+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
If anyone is starting the group, please include me: +1-201-706-1121

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
190 days, 33 days since eligibility, Criminality and security set to pass ( as per call on April 12) no update yet. Anyone in same situation? Is there a chance that after Officer recommend pass they overturned the evaluation?

Jen_arctic

May 14, 2019
My EE application (FSW-Inland) got rejected after 175 days (5 months and 24 days) :-((. The file was transferred to Montreal in January, the reason for rejection: eligibility requirements have not been met, "you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience (or part-time paid work experience), in the occupation identified in your application." I worked for one year (40-hour working week) since June 2012 until June 2013.
Waiting until my GCMS notes will arrive tomorrow or some time this week. For some reason, I assume that the Montreal office misread my paperwork and there is a mistake. I might also call them tomorrow. I feel devastated. Do you think there is a chance for me to raise CSE or I should reapply in the future?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My EE application (FSW-Inland) got rejected after 175 days (5 months and 24 days) :-((. The file was transferred to Montreal in January, the reason for rejection: eligibility requirements have not been met, "you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience (or part-time paid work experience), in the occupation identified in your application." I worked for one year (40-hour working week) since June 2012 until June 2013.
Waiting until my GCMS notes will arrive tomorrow or some time this week. For some reason, I assume that the Montreal office misread my paperwork and there is a mistake. I might also call them tomorrow. I feel devastated. Do you think there is a chance for me to raise CSE or I should reapply in the future?
You can try using a CSE if you think they read your documents wrong. Provide documentation again and request them to reconsider. There have been a few cases where they have reconsidered.

I wish you had ordered GCMS notes earlier. But what done is done. What documentation did you provide?

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
OMG this is sad ! just like @cansha recommended, send a CSE, that your documents were read wrong, and order for your notes ASAP for you to be sure what the visa officer was looking at or thinking about as regards your employment. Also you might wanna share the documents you provided for your work experience and what NOC job code did you pick

May 15, 2019
Hello my brothers and sisters,

I got this email a week back. AOR date is Jan 31, 2019 and office is Montreal. My one and only questions is based on what you all are seeing, will I get it by July 31? I have to make a decision about kids schooling. From India, residence USA. I have to pull the plug of going there this year. I will go next year. Thanks

· Your application was received via your account on January 31, 2019.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The background verifications not in process yet.

· Your application is currently being processed at the local immigration office in Montreal, Quebec.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

I got this email a week back. AOR date is Jan 31, 2019 and office is Montreal. My one and only questions is based on what you all are seeing, will I get it by July 31? I have to make a decision about kids schooling. From India, residence USA. I have to pull the plug of going there this year. I will go next year. Thanks

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

· Your application is currently being processed at the local immigration office in Montreal, Quebec.
Montreal is still processing applications from Sep / Oct. And from what we have seen thus far Montreal is slow and relatively sequential when it comes to processing applications. If the trend holds, unfortunately, the chances of you getting PPR before July are minimal. I would say if that is a decision making point for you then it would be better to assume no PPR by July and then make your decisions.

Things can always change and you may get it sooner but don't count on it as of today. All the best!

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019

Is your application already in IP2?

Jen_arctic

May 14, 2019
You can try using a CSE if you think they read your documents wrong. Provide documentation again and request them to reconsider. There have been a few cases where they have reconsidered.

I wish you had ordered GCMS notes earlier. But what done is done. What documentation did you provide?

Thank you for your response.
I received the GCMS notes this morning, and the notes say: "Eligibility is not started. Criminality is in progress." The notes are dated by April 14th. That being said, even if I ordered the GCMS notes in advance, there was no chance for me to discover any particular reasons why my eligibility has not been met. I tried to call an agent today, but they experience high volume of calls. I ordered new notes yesterday to see if they could help to investigate what was the exact reason of rejection.
I provided the reference letter from the company that I worked for, and the translated copy of the reference letter. NOC 1242 - Legal administrative assistant.

Jen_arctic

May 14, 2019
OMG this is sad ! just like @cansha recommended, send a CSE, that your documents were read wrong, and order for your notes ASAP for you to be sure what the visa officer was looking at or thinking about as regards your employment. Also you might wanna share the documents you provided for your work experience and what NOC job code did you pick
Thank you for responding. Yeah, I am thinking to scan the documents again and raise CSE, saying, "I think the officer misread my documents. I provided a copy of employment letter (Confirmation of Former Employment) (both original copy and translated document). The document included the amount of working hours, annual salary, and my job duties. The letter was signed by the director of a company and stamped. NOC 1242 - Legal administrative assistant.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you for your response.
I received the GCMS notes this morning, and the notes say: "Eligibility is not started. Criminality is in progress." The notes are dated by April 14th. That being said, even if I ordered the GCMS notes in advance, there was no chance for me to discover any particular reasons why my eligibility has not been met. I tried to call an agent today, but they experience high volume of calls. I ordered new notes yesterday to see if they could help to investigate what was the exact reason of rejection.
I provided the reference letter from the company that I worked for, and the translated copy of the reference letter. NOC 1242 - Legal administrative assistant.
That means your file was picked up after your initial notes were issued. You're right there was no way of you knowing this would happen. In most cases application are put in review required and languish in that state and hence ordering gcms notes helps. Seems like that wasn't the case with your file. But your course of action looks good to me. Upload documents again and keep your fingers crossed. I hope they reconsider. All the best.

Reactions: Axwell