+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
In Montreal it is possible that they sit on your file even though everything has been complete. We had a similar case I guess in June where the file moved from Ottawa after eligibility and security were done. The person had to wait almost 4/5 months to get final approval. Not saying it will be delayed that much in your case as well but be prepared for a long-ish wait. If you get it earlier than consider yourself lucky.
I was worried that's the case.
Did anyone had luck raising CSE with specific reasons why the delay will negatively affect them, and they actually moved things?

I just got this response to my CSE:

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application for permanent residence.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Not sure if its just a generic one, or they actually will take effort :cool:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was worried that's the case.
Did anyone had luck raising CSE with specific reasons why the delay will negatively affect them, and they actually moved things?

I just got this response to my CSE:

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application for permanent residence.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Not sure if its just a generic one, or they actually will take effort :cool:
Generic response. Doesn't mean anything.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Yes I already got the ppr letter last week. What about you?
Congratulations!!

How long after you've learned that it was approved?

My application was just transferred to Montreal 3 weeks ago, after everything was set to pass. Worried that it will take long time for this last step....

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Congratulations!!

How long after you've learned that it was approved?

My application was just transferred to Montreal 3 weeks ago, after everything was set to pass. Worried that it will take long time for this last step....
Mine was April 10, so basically same time as you. Have you called them or emailed montreal?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Mine was April 10, so basically same time as you. Have you called them or emailed montreal?
I called, got a standard answer: all great it's just a matter of time could be any day...
Can you email Montreal directly? CSE gave me the standard answer...

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I called, got a standard answer: all great it's just a matter of time could be any day...
Can you email Montreal directly? CSE gave me the standard answer...
Don't think they have/give you a direct Montreal contact. The agent can put a note to Montreal after 6 months time. One person did get a fax number to contact Montreal because their application was 8+ months. They are unlikely to share that with others since it will lead to too many messages!. Only exceptions

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Don't think they have/give you a direct Montreal contact. The agent can put a note to Montreal after 6 months time. One person did get a fax number to contact Montreal because their application was 8+ months. They are unlikely to share that with others since it will lead to too many messages!. Only exceptions
Thanks for the reply!
Any chance involving MP would help? I wouldn't be bothered with waiting but I worked my ass off to get a promotion and they finally offered it to me, but now they are giving a hard time cause my work permit is expiring in 4 months... basically if I dont get an answer in a week or so they'll give it to someone else :(

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018