+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hi guys,

To God be the glory, I got my PPR this morning.
AOR- September 4, 2018
Transfer date to Montreal- November 1,2019
Requested for GCMS notes Dec, 18, got them Jan,18. Had RR for stat questions and also for one of the employment verification letters not showing pay even though I attached my paystubs and also for one lacking dates. Proactively resubmitted updated and corrected letters a week after. As at 2 weeks ago, eligibility and security had not started but I called when I got a ghost update in my cic account on May 1st and was told my application was approved. Then I got PPR this morning.

Does anyone know if I can submit my passport with only 5months validity left(expires in October)? Already applied to renew but got a date in August.

And to everyone waiting, keep the faith, PPR is in view!
Hey many congratulation for your PPR today. I am sure it must be a big relief after such a long wait. My VO is also at Montreal and I want to apply for GCMS notes. ( no updates for the application is really bothering me). Which site is the best and reliable according to you to order GCMS notes? Please advise. Thank you.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hey many congratulation for your PPR today. I am sure it must be a big relief after such a long wait. My VO is also at Montreal and I want to apply for GCMS notes. ( no updates for the application is really bothering me). Which site is the best and reliable according to you to order GCMS notes? Please advise. Thank you.
You can find all the useful links in my sig

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Folks, just to let you know we seem to have even more in common than we might thought -
according to our GCMS notes (requested end of Feb) the Case Analyst states that our RR (or possible adverse information) is based on previous visa refusals to Canada (which we were upfront about);
while all other segments (Criminality, CRS, R1, A11.2, R75 FSW minimum, Work Experience, Funds and what not) are "recommend pass" or "appears met".
There was an assignment due date for RC-2710 sometimes mid March, but noting happened, at least that we are aware of. I have no clue what that code means?!
Also, we've gone back to our home country, and changed our address but haven't received any confirmation. We've never received a ADR or biometrics request. Nothing. Once an agent mentioned July 12th as a date we should call back if nothing happens in the mean time, no explanation why that date exactly - latter I tried to connect the dots and I figured a semi-logical idea: on 12th July 2020 PA's passport expires, while on 20th July 2019 both of ours Medicals will expire, so the date mentioned date to back the CIC is a week before we might get a request for doing re-medical?!
One feels so foolish constructing all these stories and explanations, just to make some sort of sense out of all this silence and waiting. Agrrrrh.

I was trying to get a hold of the agent today, and am tempted to request a second GCMS(+CBSA) notes, but I can already feel I'm getting all wrapped up just writing about it.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes. Good luck to all!
Hi, hope you remember me from the other time. I returned to my home country and changed addresses as well. I called last week and confirmed that that the address has been updated. I believe yours would have been updated as well.

can_fah

Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!

Hi guys,

To God be the glory, I got my PPR this morning.
AOR- September 4, 2018
Transfer date to Montreal- November 1,2019
Requested for GCMS notes Dec, 18, got them Jan,18. Had RR for stat questions and also for one of the employment verification letters not showing pay even though I attached my paystubs and also for one lacking dates. Proactively resubmitted updated and corrected letters a week after. As at 2 weeks ago, eligibility and security had not started but I called when I got a ghost update in my cic account on May 1st and was told my application was approved. Then I got PPR this morning.

Does anyone know if I can submit my passport with only 5months validity left(expires in October)? Already applied to renew but got a date in August.

And to everyone waiting, keep the faith, PPR is in view!

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Hey @FindingAtm , of course I remember you and your situation.
My partner and I have submitted a CSE due to the change of residency (both address and contact info) after going back to our home country beginning of April, and later this week, I've reached CIC call-agent to check if they have updated the info - they did (in a weeks time after the submission), but not much else has changed in our process.
I had a chance to talk to a really lovely agent who said our case is still in Montreal, eligibility is RR, criminality in progress and security not yet started; she was kind enough to suggest to send a reminder to CIC agents to take a look at our app having already passed 6 months since AoR. When I asked her if there's still a note/ follow-up date (mid July) stated on our file, she went and checked it again. The agent said she'll send a reminder but there's a chance they will disregard it since there's still a note for July.
Since then, we haven't received any info or e-mail back - if I remember correctly, I think I've read people would get an (pretty much generic) e-mail back after a call-agent would nudge other agents to take a look at a file.

In the mean time, being a dependent on our PR file, I've applied for and gotten a (second) IEC work permit approved (yeeey!), so then we have decided that PA should apply as well. Who knows, we'll make sure to disclose every little thing in regard to previous refusals and our PR app to see if he might get a positive result as well. We really want to have an option to go back and continue with life we managed to build for ourselves there. I think we all know that starting from scratch and building even the most modest life somewhere completely new is a hell of an endeavour.

I hope your return wasn't too traumatic, and that you haven't lost hope.
To be honest, I find this period, being back home, extremely regretful (that we haven't gone back earlier, that we haven't submitted the app from here, that we came back without certain future plans in regard to Canada or knowing what is ahead of us here), but also I am quite excited to tackle and finish obligations I've postponed being away in Canada just waiting forever to get a decision on our PR app. I do hope we'll have a positive one mid July.

I wish you all the luck. I'll keep an eye on you/ will keep, you other folks, posted on our process.

Last edited:

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Thank God, PPR came finally, 5.6.19. So relieved. If I hadn't spent time on this forum, I wouldn't know PPR was something to celebrate. Does PPR mean approval?

My info: AOR September 8, 2018. RPRF in Dec. Transferred to Montreal in December.

Now trying to make sure I send the right documents in the right way. Where do US residents get their photos taken (with the right specifications)? Do folks use FedEx for courier?

Thank you all for being informative and the immeasurable support. Wish you all a speedy PPR! (Or that you get your PPR soon, might be a better way to put it).

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Thank God, PPR came finally, 5.6.19. So relieved. If I hadn't spent time on this forum, I wouldn't know PPR was something to celebrate. Does PPR mean approval?

My info: AOR September 8, 2018. RPRF in Dec. Transferred to Montreal in December.

Now trying to make sure I send the right documents in the right way. Where do US residents get their photos taken (with the right specifications)? Do folks use FedEx for courier?

Thank you all for being informative and the immeasurable support. Wish you all a speedy PPR! (Or that you get your PPR soon, might be a better way to put it).
Congrats!
PPR means approval of your application. Chances of rejections after that are close to none.
Do you know the exact date of your transfer to Montreal? Were yon in RR?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Just learned that my application was transferred to Montreal after everything ( eligibility, Criminality, security) was set to pass by Calgary VO on April 11...
Anyone have everything pass and just waiting for final approval?
How long does it take?

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Congrats!
PPR means approval of your application. Chances of rejections after that are close to none.
Do you know the exact date of your transfer to Montreal? Were yon in RR?
Thanks! Good to hear. My transfer date was December 22nd (I was told by a call agent a while back). I do not know additional details about my application as I never ordered GCMS, so I cannot say for certain whether or not my application was in RR. I have always been told by agents that "everything looks fine," but I know that doesn't mean for certain that I was not in RR.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks! Good to hear. My transfer date was December 22nd (I was told by a call agent a while back). I do not know additional details about my application as I never ordered GCMS, so I cannot say for certain whether or not my application was in RR. I have always been told by agents that "everything looks fine," but I know that doesn't mean for certain that I was not in RR.
RR can be just normal review, it can be because your funds were in FD or any other mean than Cash, or they might want to call your employer ti cross check. You should not worry.

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
Hi all,

Urgent help needed. I've my landing interview tomorrow and one of the documents that cic requests is the below

Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.

I cannot seem to find a receipt of the RPRF fee either in my application or email. Any ideas on where we can find this? My GMCS notes say that the payment has already been made but I cannot find the receipt :(. Any suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,

Urgent help needed. I've my landing interview tomorrow and one of the documents that cic requests is the below

Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.

I cannot seem to find a receipt of the RPRF fee either in my application or email. Any ideas on where we can find this? My GMCS notes say that the payment has already been made but I cannot find the receipt :(. Any suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1242&top=4

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks to the Almighty for everything :)
l thank this group for keeping me sane while waiting for the passport request.
I got the PPR today in online profile with an e-mail update that my account was updated.
AOR- 7 September 2018
File transfer to Montreal- 1 November 2018
PPR-7 May 2019
Thank you @cansha for creating this page and being so responsive.
Praying that the rest of the process completes smoothly.
Wishing good luck to all of you, PPR shall come soon!

Reactions: can_fah and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks to the Almighty for everything :)
l thank this group for keeping me sane while waiting for the passport request.
I got the PPR today in online profile with an e-mail update that my account was updated.
AOR- 7 September 2018
File transfer to Montreal- 1 November 2018
PPR-7 May 2019
Thank you @cansha for creating this page and being so responsive.
Praying that the rest of the process completes smoothly.
Wishing good luck to all of you, PPR shall come soon!
Congrats!!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just learned that my application was transferred to Montreal after everything ( eligibility, Criminality, security) was set to pass by Calgary VO on April 11...
Anyone have everything pass and just waiting for final approval?
How long does it take?
In Montreal it is possible that they sit on your file even though everything has been complete. We had a similar case I guess in June where the file moved from Ottawa after eligibility and security were done. The person had to wait almost 4/5 months to get final approval. Not saying it will be delayed that much in your case as well but be prepared for a long-ish wait. If you get it earlier than consider yourself lucky.