+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Haha yup! My family is ecstatic, to me this isn't new. I knew after the ghost update, and after talking to the agent on the phone who told me everything had been cleared, that this was coming soon. I guess I got my share of dopamine and serotonin back then!

The waiting though... 233 DAYS. Over 7.5 months waiting for this. Absurd.
Well, well, well!!! Congratulations, Pringles226!!! :) Well-deserved. Finally, finally. I am happy for you. Time to celebrate :)

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Sorry I was looking at my notifications and suddenly realized we had this similar discussion a few threads ago :D How are you? Did you get an update on your file?

Sad to say I have not received anything yet. AOR August 6. What happened was that, after my RR, I requested for new employment letters from my supervisor and work colleagues. Imagine trying to send emails from everyone around the world and coordinating the time difference. huhu. Anyway, after I sent the letters I submitted through CSE, I requested for GCMS notes. That's when I found out they received the letters. Haven't heard from them ever since except for the confirmation from agents. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I logged into my account and saw an update. After I went into my main application, I noticed that there was no letter, no updates, nothing. I called CIC and got connected to an agent who asked me to just be patient and apologized for the long wait on my application. She also asked if it was my first time calling. I didn't receive a letter or anything for the next two weeks.

Today, I called them to inquire about BOWP. My work permit is expiring on June 2019 and felt that I had to go through the process again - time, money, etc. Then lo and behold, the agent told me my file is approved and they are just looking for a visa office for the inland landing. Now, I am not sure if I should be happy or not. I still want to receive the PPR letter lol. It's good confirmation right instead of just hearing it. I hope you will get yours too. Hang in there!
Congrats @cad143! So happy for you. I am doing well and you? No update yet on mine. I have decided to bury myself in work again and fill my mind with other thoughts. You will definitely receive your PPR before the expiration of your BOWP.

Reactions: cad143

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
My application just moved to IP2.
AOR - 17th OCT
VO as of 26th Jan 2019 was Montreal. Next set of notes should come around 6th April. I'll be anxious to see if my file is still in Montreal or it's been moved.

Reactions: RR9187 and HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
My application just moved to IP2.
AOR - 17th OCT
VO as of 26th Jan 2019 was Montreal. Next set of notes should come around 6th April. I'll be anxious to see if my file is still in Montreal or it's been moved.
That was fast. Most probably your file has moved out of Montreal...

Reactions: RR9187

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I guess I'm the newest member.
Just found out today that my file was transferred from Sydney to Montreal and i've spent over 5 hours going through the posts on this thread. I'm so grateful for the information on here and happy for all those who have gotten PPR and landed. I signed the petition but I wasn't sure whether it's still in 'process'. I'm in Kruhiputar's shoes and may be applying for an extension of my TRV to wait for the approval. I don't want to risk being transferred to Accra. My home country is Nigeria.

The latest update is as follows:
AOR - Nov 29 2018
Category: FSW Inland (TRV). Accompanying spouse is Outland
MEP: Jan 08
Criminality: Criminality for accompanying spouse passed (As at Mar 01). Mine in progress.
Background verifications: In progress
Eligibility: Not started.
GCMS notes requested Mar 01 not yet received.

Grateful for thoughts you may have regarding my application and proposed extension. Seems like the average expectation for me would be June?

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello Everyone,
I guess I'm the newest member.
Just found out today that my file was transferred from Sydney to Montreal and i've spent over 5 hours going through the posts on this thread. I'm so grateful for the information on here and happy for all those who have gotten PPR and landed. I signed the petition but I wasn't sure whether it's still in 'process'. I'm in Kruhiputar's shoes and may be applying for an extension of my TRV to wait for the approval. I don't want to risk being transferred to Accra. My home country is Nigeria.

The latest update is as follows:
AOR - Nov 29 2018
Category: FSW Inland (TRV). Accompanying spouse is Outland
MEP: Jan 08
Criminality: Criminality for accompanying spouse passed (As at Mar 01). Mine in progress.
Background verifications: In progress
Eligibility: Not started.
GCMS notes requested Mar 01 not yet received.

Grateful for thoughts you may have regarding my application and proposed extension. Seems like the average expectation for me would be June?
Hello

We have the same case, Spouse is outland as well.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hello to new folks on this forum and Whats up to old-timers @cansha @maverick1982 @Adeife23 @sam.m ! I hope you guys are doing well and on with the second phase of this journey. Its nice to see so many new folks on this forum and thanks to your recruitment drive, its a success in terms of gathering more data! Congratulations to @M_A , as we were keeping track of your file back then and what a story !
I was missing the action for a while as my visa ended in USA and i had to move back to India, but i did check once in a while to see whats going on.

Coming to my application now, Aug 10th AOR date, still have not received the PPR (please see my signature for details) 227 days and counting and i just received my 2nd set of notes. I know my background check had started last week as the profile was updated and the due date on the GCMS notes says March 23rd 2019. I think i was supposed to get the PPR on 23rd as per the due date as I checked with other AUG 10th AOR's and they received their PPR on that date. In my case i was asked to re-submit the medicals as they are expiring next month on APR 20th I believe we need to land in canada before the medicals expire.
My concern is once the re-medical results are uploaded, will montreal look at it quickly or do they take quite a while again to come back and pick the file again ? Anybody with ADR's can probably shed light on this.
thanks @Axwell.. wishing your time would come sooner than later, best of luck buddy

Reactions: Axwell

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hello everyone... My CIC account was updated to "Approved" yesterday. Today I received my passport stamped together with my COPR :)
Thank you again for all the support offered through these forums.
To those who are still waiting: keep yourself updated and informed about the status of your application in every possible way, the best way is the gcms notes, be attentive to every detail , do your best and if in the end you couldn't relax..just remember to : stay strong.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats once again and I wish you well
Hello everyone... My CIC account was updated to "Approved" yesterday. Today I received my passport stamped together with my COPR :)
Thank you again for all the support offered through these forums.
To those who are still waiting: keep yourself updated and informed about the status of your application in every possible way, the best way is the gcms notes, be attentive to every detail , do your best and if in the end you couldn't relax..just remember to : stay strong.

Reactions: M_A

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hi all,
I received my GCMS notes. It seems really technical and full of Jargons. Can anyone guide me which part of the GCMS to read for maximum and understandable information? Please help.
Hi guys,
Please guide me with your valuable inputs to interpret the GCMS notes

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
I signed in to my account for laughs and this is what I got:

Application status and messages
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

My file said submitted so I'm not sure if this is a ghost update.
Please advise.