+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Congratulations!!! We will be eager to hear your story. Happy things worked out for you and your perseverance and patience paid off!! Well deserved. Thank you
Thank you for your kindness mav.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Amazing that you got your PPR after a refusal letter, M_A. I might try communicating with them as well through CSE.

Also, I call dibs on the first post of the day! HA!

Does anyone have any news on August AOR progress? I don't like it that September peeps and beyond are getting theirs at all... that means they overlooked ours! Hell its already getting harder to find August AOR people in this thread.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
The October case is unique. It's the only case out of Montreal that's been done out of turn. The other ones had been transferred out of Montreal (the two September folks) and hence got their PPR sooner.

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
The October case is unique. It's the only case out of Montreal that's been done out of turn. The other ones had been transferred out of Montreal (the two September folks) and hence got their PPR sooner.
Are we sure that October case was not transferred out of Montreal? Maybe it was transferred to Ottawa recently and then they sent ppr in no time.

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I asked this same question to the person who got this PPR. They said that their PPR letter says Montreal
I see, then maybe their application was directly sent to Montreal from Central office unlike most of people here who got transferred from Ottawa after a couple of months. In that case the theory of ' Montreal processing application in the order they receive and regardless of aor' would hold strong. Do we know their date of transfer to Montreal?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I see, then maybe their application was directly sent to Montreal from Central office unlike most of people here who got transferred from Ottawa after a couple of months. In that case the theory of ' Montreal processing application in the order they receive and regardless of aor' would hold strong. Do we know their date of transfer to Montreal?
That's my hypothesis as well, that their application went straight to montreal.

That person (its a couple actually) has ordered their GCMS notes two weeks ago. That should shed more light once they arrive.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Nope I am one of those cases. My case was never transferred from another office, it went straight from CIO to Montreal. It's been going for 228 days, no updates, no problems with my application.

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
thank you @cougprey :) haven't U had the same timeline as me? how is it going wz ur application, sorry I wasn't following up for the last 20 days
We had similar AOR's but my file was transferred to Montreal late October.
I ordered my GCMS notes my eligibility is RR for statutory questions (visa refusal).
At this point I probably have to go back home to Nigeria so I won't overstay my Visa in the US. Ce la vi

Reactions: M_A

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
I'm late to this conversation, and not in the whatsapp group as well... So I don't know which Oct and Sep people you are talking about.
My application was transferred from Sydney in the last week or two... Did the files of the Montreal people go to Montreal after transfer, or were they there in the first place?

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I'm late to this conversation, and not in the whatsapp group as well... So I don't know which Oct and Sep people you are talking about.
My application was transferred from Sydney in the last week or two... Did the files of the Montreal people go to Montreal after transfer, or were they there in the first place?
I think some of us were directly assigned to Montreal by the CIO (such as myself), others were transferred from another VO. There was speculation that the direct assignments would result in much faster, even normal, processing times, but I don't think this is the case.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
This is weird. Some people get processed in the CIOs themselves. (I was first in CIO-Sydney). Some people get half processed in the CIO, then to the LVO, and some get fully processed at the LVOs.
I am wondering how much of my application was worked on in CIO Sydney before the transfer to the dreaded Montreal LVO

Reactions: Pringles226

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
here's my journey:
I'm a FSW-O, single applicant, and I'm a female by the way :) (not a US resident), AOR: July 30,2018
MEP & IP1 : August 21 & 22,2018
then a complete silence till Feb 28 2019 : my background check changed to "not applicable"
March1st,2019 : refusal letter, got an email and opened my account to find it instead of the ppr email.
Throughout this period i requested gcms notes twice , and had a number of calls with IRCC agents.
The agents always answered me that my application is "under review" and that my criminality & security haven't started yet. that was all they had to say , even on the same day before I got my refusal letter.
the first gcms notes were recieved three months later! (ordered through ATIP, so i don't recommend that ).
the 2nd gcms recieved after 3 weeks or so (through getgcms.com) (that was fast).
in that 2nd set of notes, received on Feb, 9th, 2019, I discovered the issue with my application.
it was a POF issue, the officer reviewing my application has misinterpreted my bank statement, as i saved my money in the bank in the form of "certificates of deposites" (fixed deposits) , he/she interpreted them as "lines of credit"!!! which completely screwed up me complying to the requirements of the settlement funds.
the next day , i raised a cse , clarifying my situation and providing more documents from the bank, but apparantly that wasn't considered, obviously they had made up their decision by then, and the application was then pending sending the refusal letter.( that's why it is crucial to order notes in appropriate times to allow you to follow up with your status).
After receiving the refusal letter, life went black.
i raised a cse asking if there was an appeal, the following day i sent another cse for a "reconsideration request" attaching all the documents I had and clarifying my situation.
after 10 days or so , an agent replied to my first cse , where i was asking about the appeal, and asked me to provide any new documents with a deadline that was a week ahead. I thought she wanted to request me herself a reconsideration.
after few days, today i received an email notification to check my account , to find the golden email.
I created a new profile ..I was going to repeat the whole process from the begining.. but at this point I guess I was lucky enough to end my tiring journey today
WOW! Congratulations!!

Reactions: cansha and M_A