+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
There are two factors 1. When was file moved to Montreal 2. When did they pick up the file for eligibility check.

There were few people who had AOR after me but file moved to Montreal before me and eligibility was done before me. Many of those got PPR much before me.

And like everything else there is no set rule with IRCC. My guess is there is one super efficient officer at Montreal and rest are super slow. So even within a slow VO like Montreal some people get PPR relatively faster compared to others.
Its unpredictable. My friend who has the same AOR as me, received in the first week of March. And am still waiting to hear about my application!!

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Its unpredictable. My friend who has the same AOR as me, received in the first week of March. And am still waiting to hear about my application!!
It is somewhat predictable. You can have the same AOR as someone but your file got transfered to Montreal on different dates. Based on the different dates of transfer, PPR will be issued on different dates. I know someone who had the same AOR as me but his elligibility/transfer date was different so he got PPR after me.
We can't say for certain but it's somewhat predictable

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
What is this theory based on? Not that I have any reason or data to falsify it, but I'm just wondering. If true, it might be worst case scenario for some of us whose file MAY have been transferred relatively late. I was told in Dec (my first time calling CIC) that my file was transferred to Montreal, but I wasn't told the exact time/month it was transferred (so I assumed it was transferred in Dec). Assuming your theory is true, how long after transfer is the current average (time to PPR) for Montreal?
I'm very new here so it's more a hypothesis. Basically people that have announced their PPR and have enough information in their signature is what I used to guess. From what I have seen it's about 5.5 months after your file arrives at the minimum.
I totally understand; my file was transferred 3 months after my AOR so I wouldn't be surprised at a 8-9 month total time

Reactions: Pringles226

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Mostly observing cases for past many months. It's not 100% accurate but yes Montreal does process files relatively in the same order they get them irrespective of AOR of file.
Do you have any sense of how long the transfer to ppr time is (on average) from observing past cases? Also, is it common for files to be transferred to Montreal relatively late (like 3 - 4 months)?

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
I'm very new here so it's more a hypothesis. Basically people that have announced their PPR and have enough information in their signature is what I used to guess. From what I have seen it's about 5.5 months after your file arrives at the minimum.
I totally understand; my file was transferred 3 months after my AOR so I wouldn't be surprised at a 8-9 month total time
OK. Thanks! Might have asked similar questions above before seeing your post.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Your timeline is VERY similar to mine. Your AOR is slightly earlier, your transfer date a day later. Lets see between you and me who hears from them first in order to confirm this.

Reactions: cougprey

gonekarthik

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All, I am new to this group.

AOR: 11th Sep 2018.
Medical Passed on 9th Oct 2018

Called IRCC on 19th Feb and 22nd Feb (Called twice to cross check)
Eligibility: In progress
Security: In progress
Criminality: not started

VO: Etobicoke

Again called on 11th March and 12th March (Called twice to cross check)
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress

VO: File transferred to Montreal.

Any Idea what’s going on? I am confused with update provided by agent. Can anyone help me on this?

Reactions: RanaHamed

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Hi All, I am new to this group.

AOR: 11th Sep 2018.
Medical Passed on 9th Oct 2018

Called IRCC on 19th Feb and 22nd Feb (Called twice to cross check)
Eligibility: In progress
Security: In progress
Criminality: not started

VO: Etobicoke

Again called on 11th March and 12th March (Called twice to cross check)
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress

VO: File transferred to Montreal.

Any Idea what’s going on? I am confused with update provided by agent. Can anyone help me on this?
My AOR is 13th September and I have the same scenario, my file was also transfered out to Montreal. Have you ordered GCMS notes?

Last edited:

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
@RanaHamed @Lyra Thank you so much! I'm sharing my timeline below. Please let me know if I can help you guys in any way.

Here's my timeline:

AOR: 6th August, 2018
R10 Check / Medicals Date: 28th August, 2018
Program Assistant Analysis: 21st September, 2018
Transfer to Montreal: 27th September, 2018
PPR: 13th March, 2019
OMG You got it! Congratulations!!!! :) I am happy for you!!!