+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Maybe we SEP AORs in Montreal should just touch the snooze button and forget about our applications until (say June? is that reasonable?). Called CIC today and I was told eligibility is in process. Here i thought it was at least recommended pass. The wait seems to get harder after 6 months, doesn't it?! You feel like you're so close, and yet so farrr, because you don't know what the outcome of the application is going to be.

Leigh_S

Aug 27, 2018
Maybe we SEP AORs in Montreal should just touch the snooze button and forget about our applications until (say June? is that reasonable?). Called CIC today and I was told eligibility is in process. Here i thought it was at least recommended pass. The wait seems to get harder after 6 months, doesn't it?! You feel like you're so close, and yet so farrr, because you don't know what the outcome of the application is going to be.
whats your AOR??

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Hi All,
I am a newbie in this group. please find my details below
AOR: July 24, 2018
Medical Passed: Aug 15 2018
I guess I am in IP1 still. Ordered GCMS notes and received them today. Please let me know what should I infer from these notes and steps to perform further
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started

NOTES

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2018/10/15 08:19:35
Created By: RTS715
Updated Date: 2018/10/15 08:19:44
Updated By: RTS715
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Montreal Immigration
Text
Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2018-07-24 _E001088310 PA: Thirumeni, Saranya - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, | make the following recommendation.

ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Recommend Pass A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 72 ClO Recommendation: Pass Criminality Applicant's age reviewed and Changed from ITA to e-APR Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 441 CRS score at application (APR): 472 | have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3+ year(s) Foreign Work Experience with "RITSNET, edoc# 233687482" & "Tata Consultancy Services, edoc# 233689467"

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application

FAMILY COMPOSITION: SINGLE; never married No indication of previous marriages/cl partners No declared children MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-07-24 Primary Occupation: NOC 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers 2016-06 to 2018-07 - Application Developer (NOC: 2174) - at RITSNET - eDoc# 233687482 - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2018-04-17 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of 84,789.8/ annum - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 2 years and 2 months. CRS Foreign Work: 2 years and 2 months. 2011-11 to 2014-06 - Systems Engineer (NOC: 2174) - at Tata Consultancy Services - eDoc# 233689467 - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2010-12-16 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of 5,688.67/ANNUM - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 2 years and § months. CRS Foreign Work: 2 years and 8 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 3+ year(s)

WORK

EXPERIENCE: 4-5 year(s), 13 FSW Points

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx. CAD $22175 - CAD $22,175.86 as per Bank of America statement at 2018-07-14; Family of 1 requires CAD $12 164 NOTE: FUNDS EDOC 233688762 ALSO PROVIDED DISCOVER cc
When was it transferred to montreal? Also, you may want to edit your post and redact personal information.
I feel montreal attends to applications in the order it was received (just a theory at this point)

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
When was it transferred to montreal? Also, you may want to edit your post and redact personal information.
I feel montreal attends to applications in the order it was received (just a theory at this point)
Thanks for the reply. I dont think it was transferred in the first place. Btw, where does it say it was transferred to Montreal, just curious to know if i missed to read it.

Reactions: cougprey

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
For me it was a section called Paper File Transfer. It was towards the end of the document before the EDOCS section
Thanks again!! You are right. I see that my application was transferred to Montreal on Sept 6 2018. Apart from this, do you see anything abnormal in my notes that should be taken care of?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks again!! You are right. I see that my application was transferred to Montreal on Sept 6 2018. Apart from this, do you see anything abnormal in my notes that should be taken care of?
Nothing abnormal as such but your bad luck that your file moved to Montreal little late given your AOR. Montreal does eligibility 1-2 months after they receive file which was the case with your file as well. It was done on 15 Oct.

Created Date: 2018/10/15 08:19:35
Expect something by first week of April.

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
What is this theory based on? Not that I have any reason or data to falsify it, but I'm just wondering. If true, it might be worst case scenario for some of us whose file MAY have been transferred relatively late. I was told in Dec (my first time calling CIC) that my file was transferred to Montreal, but I wasn't told the exact time/month it was transferred (so I assumed it was transferred in Dec). Assuming your theory is true, how long after transfer is the current average (time to PPR) for Montreal?

saranyathiru

Mar 13, 2019
Nothing abnormal as such but your bad luck that your file moved to Montreal little late given your AOR. Montreal does eligibility 1-2 months after they receive file which was the case with your file as well. It was done on 15 Oct.

Expect something by first week of April.
okay.. Thanks for your insights!!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Your file moved real early around September and you haven’t received ppr. Meanwhile someone with later transfer date got pprs already
There are two factors 1. When was file moved to Montreal 2. When did they pick up the file for eligibility check.

There were few people who had AOR after me but file moved to Montreal before me and eligibility was done before me. Many of those got PPR much before me.

And like everything else there is no set rule with IRCC. My guess is there is one super efficient officer at Montreal and rest are super slow. So even within a slow VO like Montreal some people get PPR relatively faster compared to others.

Reactions: naten