+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have a russian passport. Thats a 100% reason for SS (the same as iranian or pakistanian or libian).

As practise shows, if you are russian, you can get visa in no time only if you need to poison someone abroad.

Reminds me this
I know a lot of people on Pakistani passport holders that didn't have to go into security screening. So maybe you don't really have proper information about the process.

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
I know a lot of people on Pakistani passport holders that didn't have to go into security screening. So maybe you don't really have proper information about the process.
I hope Im wrong.
But I already have criminality screening and eligibility review. Why not SS? It would be logical.

I wish they start it now to save the time. At least they started eligibility though criminality is still in progress.

I have no worries about criminality and security. Eligibility is my concern. They can easily refuse based on some formality. For example, I listed my son by the first marriage on all my applications, but my wife didn't. Why? Russian language doesnt have such word as "step son". It has only "son" or "adopted son". So, my wife didnt include him in her list of relatives. That's why US refused us (violation of dv lottery rules). I explained this in my letter of explanation. So, they can just "copy paste" all this to their refusal.

Im so tired of waiting... :( Actually Ive been waiting for 1,5 years already. At first I waited 1 year for US, now 6 months for Canada. Its a torture.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope Im wrong.
But I already have criminality screening and eligibility review. Why not SS? It would be logical.

I wish they start it now to save the time. At least they started eligibility though criminality is still in progress.

I have no worries about criminality and security. Eligibility is my concern. They can easily refuse based on some formality. For example, I listed my son by the first marriage on all my applications, but my wife didn't. Why? Russian language doesnt have such word as "step son". It has only "son" or "adopted son". So, my wife didnt include him in her list of relatives. That's why US refused us (violation of dv lottery rules). I explained this in my letter of explanation. So, they can just "copy paste" all this to their refusal.

Im so tired of waiting... :( Actually Ive been waiting for 1,5 years already. At first I waited 1 year for US, now 6 months for Canada. Its a torture.
I think Canada is more liberal in their handling of cases like yours. I expect USA to reject visas for every small miss. I don't think in Canada that would be the case.

Also, Eligibility being Review Required has nothing to do with SS. It may very well be SS and sadly it won't be initiated in parallel at least for Montreal. There are folks here from earlier months where SS started much later than even eligibility was recommended passed.

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Im not a criminal, so they cant refuse based on this. But I guess they can accuse me of misrepresentation. They can say that this was not a detaintion, it was an arrest. So, I "lied" on my previous applications.
You were detained and then released without any conviction of a crime, right?

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
You were detained and then released without any conviction of a crime, right?
I got a ticket like for speeding. Its not a crime. I guess it is called "tort".

For example, tomorrow you'll be caught by police peeing in a park. They'll take you to their police station and give you a ticket. But you won't find it in your police records. Police records are for crimes.

Also, it won't be an arrest. They won't take you from the park in handcuffs and keep you in a closed premises.

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
I got a ticket like for speeding. Its not a crime. I guess it is called "tort".

For example, tomorrow you'll be caught by police peeing in a park. They'll take you to their police station and give you a ticket. But you won't find it in your police records. Police records are for crimes.

Also, it won't be an arrest. They won't take you from the park in handcuffs and keep you in a closed premises.
Gotcha! Keep in mind that CIC won't just reject an application without giving the applicant the chance to explain any concerns or grey areas. Wish you the best of luck buddy.

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
I think Canada is more liberal in their handling of cases like yours. I expect USA to reject visas for every small miss. I don't think in Canada that would be the case.
Nope. On the contrary. In my opinion Canada is more strict with such things. The problem is that my wife's dv lottery application was disqualified. So, we can apply again for green cards (if we win the lottery again :)).

CIC can't do the same, because this time we included my son by the first marriage in the list of my wife's relatives. In the case of refusal we would apply again for PR (we don't need to win a lottery to do this).

I think the only option for them to refuse is to go further than their US coleagues, accuse us of misrepresentation (though they knew about my son) and ban from entering Canada for several years.

P.S. it's stats only for russians. EU visa refusal rate - 1%, US refusal - 7%, Canada refusal - 25%. My initial SP application was refused. So, I think Canada is worse than US in such matters.

Reactions: tahirnm and cansha

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
Btw, how long do usually people wait for RR to be done in Montreal?

I guess my case is in the queu since Jan 25. How long may it take? 3 months, 9?

I think no one give a hoot that my 6 months will be over next Thu.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Btw, how long do usually people wait for RR to be done in Montreal?

I guess my case is in the queu since Jan 25. How long may it take? 3 months, 9?

I think no one give a hoot that my 6 months will be over next Thu.
In the past most RR cases for stat questions or job related things where candidates took proactive action didn't see any additional delays.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So it's going to take forever :(
I hope not, but if Ottawa didn't work too much on your file before transferring then Montreal might take even longer.

@cansha might be able to shed more light on the fact that does montreal start their time from the day they get their file? If they start the clock at your 5.5 months time then just bear in mind that Montreal is super slow. They don't even touch the file before the 4th month or so at their office. It is very normal for them these days to pick up a file close to 6 months from AOR date. I hope your case is treated differently but i would recommend you to align your expectations accordingly.

You can join the WA group for montrealers if you like. It is a very helpful group

Reactions: RanaHamed

mannyamb

Mar 10, 2019
hello all - I submitted my online application on Sep 6 and 6 months got completed recently on Mar 6. It definitely has been more than 6 months and the helpdesk said its with the Montreal local office. Does it usually take this much time or should i resubmit my application? Unsure of whats happening as the 'eligibility review' has not yet started - this is what the account says

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
I hope not, but if Ottawa didn't work too much on your file before transferring then Montreal might take even longer.

@cansha might be able to shed more light on the fact that does montreal start their time from the day they get their file? If they start the clock at your 5.5 months time then just bear in mind that Montreal is super slow. They don't even touch the file before the 4th month or so at their office. It is very normal for them these days to pick up a file close to 6 months from AOR date. I hope your case is treated differently but i would recommend you to align your expectations accordingly.

You can join the WA group for montrealers if you like. It is a very helpful group
@smash1984 thank you for taking the time to tell me how things work at Montreal office, I really appreciate your guidance. Would you please share the Whatsapp link or phone number of the WA group?