+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What is “stat question for PA”?
PA means Primary Applicant. They are referring to you answering stat questions as "yes" on your application. Stat questions mean statutory question which are asked on application related to previous visa refusals, detainment or arrests. Seems like your answer to all those questions was yes. Any application which has either of these questions answered as Yes is in Review Required.

Are they going to ask me?
They already asked it on application and you said Yes.

No one has contacted me for one month since they sent me additional documents request.
What was the ADR for?

What is “potential adverse info: PA was refused a SP in 2016”?
Seems like you had applied for a Study Permit to Canada which was refused. The analyst is just referring to that refusal and asking the visa officer to take a second look.

Everything “appears met” but still “review required”?
Appears met is minimum qualifying criteria. Review Required is for all the stat questions

Why notes 2 were created by Centralized Intake Office and notes 1 were created by Montreal immigration?
Because that is how it works. CIO may or may not do your eligibility test.

Who is processing my case? Montreal or Ottawa?
Montreal atleast till the time GCMS notes were generated. It could have or may change in the future if file gets reassigned to Ottawa or any other visa offices.

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
Thank you very much Cansha.

I started guessing that they are trying to find at least smth to refuse my PR application.

ADR was for devorce certificate. I sent it the same day (I just forgot to attach it when submitting application)

Now I regret that I mentioned my detaintion. PR application was the only one that contained that word "detaintion". All others had "arrest" or "criminal charges". There is no way they could find out about "detaintion", but I still indicated it on the form (idiot :(

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Thank you very much Cansha.

I started guessing that they are trying to find at least smth to refuse my PR application.

ADR was for devorce certificate. I sent it the same day (I just forgot to attach it when submitting application)

Now I regret that I mentioned my detaintion. PR application was the only one that contained that word "detaintion". All others had "arrest" or "criminal charges". There is no way they could find out about "detaintion", but I still indicated it on the form (idiot :(
Did you submit a police certificate from Russia/Moscow? If yes, did they mention anything about these incidents?

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
Btw, can they start security screening before the end of eligibility?

I guess they will spend 3-9 months on review of eligibility and only then they will send me to SS :(

Smells like we'll be waiting 1 year plus... and in the end they will refuse based on some formality like their US coleagues.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send them the video and photos of this detention to speed up the process? Or it will only slow it down?

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Of course, I did.
There is no mention.
It's like a Canadian police certificate. Will you find in it your ticket for speeding? No.
You did the right thing by disclosing these incidents even though your pcc wouldn't show anything about it, because you never know whether your background check would reveal these incidents or not. From the information you have provided, I don't see any grounds of inadmissibility related to criminal history (this is my personal judgment).

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Btw, can they start security screening before the end of eligibility?

I guess they will spend 3-9 months on review of eligibility and only then they will send me to SS :(

Smells like we'll be waiting 1 year plus... and in the end they will refuse based on some formality like their US coleagues.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send them the video and photos of this detention to speed up the process? Or it will only slow it down?
I would suggest that you consult a canadian immigration lawyer (Mark holthe is a good lawyer ) and he is experienced enough to guide you exactly on what actions you need to take (If needed).

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
You did the right thing by disclosing these incidents even though your pcc wouldn't show anything about it, because you never know whether your background check would reveal these incidents or not. From the information you have provided, I don't see any grounds of inadmissibility related to criminal history (this is my personal judgment).
Im not a criminal, so they cant refuse based on this. But I guess they can accuse me of misrepresentation. They can say that this was not a detaintion, it was an arrest. So, I "lied" on my previous applications.

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
I would suggest that you consult a canadian immigration lawyer (Mark holthe is a good lawyer ) and he is experienced enough to guide you exactly on what actions you need to take (If needed).
Thanks for your advice, but I think I will need a lawyer if they refuse, not now.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I'm September applicant and my file used to be processed at etobicoke VO but unfortunately CIC agent told me yesterday that my file was transfered to Montreal VO at 5.5 month, any idea about processing times at Montreal office?
oh man, this is heartbreaking

The processing times at Montreal office are the worst.