+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
Just called IRCC, agent was very nice and helpful.
Happy to say that my application was approved and I should get an update this month.
What a relief! After such a long wait...

But, I'll believe it when I see it in writing, so still waiting for the formal documents.
That's fantastic news! It's about time you received that news dude! It's been a loooong wait for you!

Reactions: deq

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Happy to say that my application was approved and I should get an update this month.

But, I'll believe it when I see it in writing, so still waiting for the formal documents.
Congratulations, deq! :)

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
Hi all,

I had a ghost update on my account last Thursday and called IRCC today. The agent wasn't very friendly and just told me that an officer looked at my application last week and is in the process of finalizing a decision and I should expect to hear back shortly. She didn't provide any futher updates on eligibility and criminality. My understanding from this thread is that a decision on the application is made pretty much the same day that a VO looks at. So I'm worried now. Should I call IRCC again and hope to get in touch with another agent? Will this impact my application in any way?

Any inputs will be helpful. Appreciate your time.

I'm an FSW-Inland candidate (AOR: July 24th) and based on my last GCMS notes I've eligibility and criminality as Recommend pass and Security not started.

Thanks

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
Hi all,

I had a ghost update on my account last Thursday and called IRCC today. The agent wasn't very friendly and just told me that an officer looked at my application last week and is in the process of finalizing a decision and I should expect to hear back shortly. She didn't provide any futher updates on eligibility and criminality. My understanding from this thread is that a decision on the application is made pretty much the same day that a VO looks at. So I'm worried now. Should I call IRCC again and hope to get in touch with another agent? Will this impact my application in any way?

Any inputs will be helpful. Appreciate your time.

I'm an FSW-Inland candidate (AOR: July 24th) and based on my last GCMS notes I've eligibility and criminality as Recommend pass and Security not started.

Thanks
@gv58 That only seems like a positive step. Agents aren't supposed to divulge a lot of information, that is why they were possibly beating around the bush when you asked them. Since your eligibility and criminality are recommended pass, you should hear something positive pretty soon.

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
@djnorman Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. Based on this thread, some agents did disclose when the application was approved, so I was a bit worried. But maybe it depends on the agent who we call as well.

Cheers

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
@cad143 Exactly in the same position. I think the only difference is that you're Inland and my application is Outland. August 6th AOR. Meds passed around August 28/29. Got the exact same response when i raised a CSE. Mine was put on RR for job experience as well!

Good luck! Hopefully this week will be the one!
They rejected one of my company letters too, said activities listed weren't aligned to those listed on NOC, but luckily that didn't affect my CRS score so they didn't put me on RR.

Last I called was on late Jan, they said eligibiity was recommend pass, security and bg hadn't started.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
@djnorman Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. Based on this thread, some agents did disclose when the application was approved, so I was a bit worried. But maybe it depends on the agent who we call as well.

Cheers
Yes, it might depend on the agent. It is also possible that it is not approved yet, but since everything seems to be going fine so far + a ghost update, it should be coming pretty soon. Call them again on Friday or next Monday if you don't hear from them this week.

wilsonballer

Mar 1, 2019

Congrats!!!!!!!
I have the same situation here. I got IP2 last Thursday, and called IRCC last Friday, and they told me it is approved, and it is now processing with landing materials.
Do you know what will happen next? The DM email? or Inland landing interview email? (I learnt that there is no PPR for inland applicants and inland landing interview could be scheduled 5~6 weeks later)

wilsonballer

Mar 1, 2019
I had same senario...You should call CIC and enquire. When I called today they said my file is approved though my online portal still says processing background check.

One thing that agent told me is inland candidates will get landing interview to the nearest location of your mailing address. This landing interview will be scheduled by Montreal Office and they can take any where between 1week to 10 weeks to schedule this landing interview depending on available appointments. He told me there is nothing that can be done but to just wait for getting interview appointment letter.

So my advice is call CIC, i am very confident that your's is approved too, it just takes time to get landing interview. Atleast you can be relieved that you have an approved application.
Hi Rooneysanket,
Have you got any emails from IRCC after you were told your case have been approved? Thx.

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Congrats!!!!!!!
I have the same situation here. I got IP2 last Thursday, and called IRCC last Friday, and they told me it is approved, and it is now processing with landing materials.
Do you know what will happen next? The DM email? or Inland landing interview email? (I learnt that there is no PPR for inland applicants and inland landing interview could be scheduled 5~6 weeks later)
Congrats to you as well!
Well, I’m not really sure what supposed to happen right now. Agent told me that they haven’t completed the necessary paperwork (COPR?) yet and that I should get more details in the following weeks. I heard that some get an interview scheduled and some need to go through the same landing process as if they were coming outside Canada.

What’s your AOR?

wilsonballer

Mar 1, 2019
Congrats to you as well!
Well, I’m not really sure what supposed to happen right now. Agent told me that they haven’t completed the necessary paperwork (COPR?) yet and that I should get more details in the following weeks. I heard that some get an interview scheduled and some need to go through the same landing process as if they were coming outside Canada.

What’s your AOR?
My AOR is July 27th.....