+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
You don't know the heartbreak I've to deal with now. the Time,effort and money spent.. the waiting throughout the whole 7 months.. and it is a wrongful decision due to a misinterpretation by an officer, who didn't take the time to understand my case.. pray for me you all reading this.
How did you find out your application was refused? in a Email? did they give option to appeal the decision. if it is possible, contact a lawyer right away with you case, pay for the consultation and ask them to check if it is possible to appeal or contest the decision made. if it is possible ask them to represent you and go through your submitted application to make sure everything is in place.

Reactions: FindingAtm

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Yea
How did you find out your application was refused? in a Email? did they give option to appeal the decision. if it is possible, contact a lawyer right away with you case, pay for the consultation and ask them to check if it is possible to appeal or contest the decision made. if it is possible ask them to represent you and go through your submitted application to make sure everything is in place.
/QUOTE]

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Yeah ..um outside canada but i'll contact a canadian lawyer to make me an appeal infront of the fedral court..I hope it isn't costly.
they sent me a msg in my e-mail to check my account , i found there the refusal letter. the day before my background check changed to "not applicable".. i hope none of you shall go through this.[

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Yeah ..um outside canada but i'll contact a canadian lawyer to make me an appeal infront of the fedral court..I hope it isn't costly.
they sent me a msg in my e-mail to check my account , i found there the refusal letter. the day before my background check changed to "not applicable".. i hope none of you shall go through this.[
You can use my attorney from Visa Place. they are pretty reasonable and have dealt with case like this before. if you want their contact information you can PM me.

Please be aware that most of time your case will be handled by Paralegal.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
You don't know the heartbreak I've to deal with now. the Time,effort and money spent.. the waiting throughout the whole 7 months.. and it is a wrongful decision due to a misinterpretation by an officer, who didn't take the time to understand my case.. pray for me you all reading this.
Very sorry to hear that. Some of us have to fight harder than others. I know its easy for me to say . After going through a long wait, its very painful to endure this. Hire a lawyer asap and get their opinion. What was the reason for refusal?

Last edited:

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
What was the reason on the refusal letter?

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
@cansha.. I was refused
Omg! I am soo sooo sorry to hear this. Montreal is wicked wow. After seven months of waiting, you do this. This sucks. I can't even imagine how you feel. I pray that you find strength to live through this and that you can consult a lawyer to appeal. Not even a procedural fairness letter? Do you mind sharing what the case was exactly?. I understand if you don't want to okay. Please stay strong.(easier to type this)

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Okay... R10 : August 21
Moved to Montreal : September 13
Eligibility : RR (POF) : October 15 , do U remember the issue of the "certificate of deposits"( savings in the bank with fixed interests) that actually exceeds what they require for a single applicant but they seemed to mis-understand them, and only calculated the free deposit which was less than what they require, I sent them a CSE clarify my situation and provided a paper issued from the bank to clarify this more, and I took the action of reedeming one of those certificates within my account to provide enough free deposite ,& that process together with all that were done through the past 6 months were declared in a new bank statement that I provided as well.
(In the original application was an account statement declaring the certificate of deposits which they misunderstood and another paper having the transactions of 6 months.)
Since M_A is not responding, I went through older posts because I vaguely remembered him commenting on his unusual situation. I found the above.

He had his funds on his savings account or something, not his checking account. Something in his POF documents conveyed the message that the funds were not readily available. Apparently the officers were confused by this "certificate of deposits".

They could've made a decision long ago though. They made him wait 7 months just for this.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Okay... R10 : August 21
Moved to Montreal : September 13
Eligibility : RR (POF) : October 15 , do U remember the issue of the "certificate of deposits"( savings in the bank with fixed interests) that actually exceeds what they require for a single applicant but they seemed to mis-understand them, and only calculated the free deposit which was less than what they require, I sent them a CSE clarify my situation and provided a paper issued from the bank to clarify this more, and I took the action of reedeming one of those certificates within my account to provide enough free deposite ,& that process together with all that were done through the past 6 months were declared in a new bank statement that I provided as well.
(In the original application was an account statement declaring the certificate of deposits which they misunderstood and another paper having the transactions of 6 months.)
Does the CD has a mature date on it? maybe the funds will be available deem-able at the day of planned landing? did you provide a supplement letter from the bank indicates the funds could be withdrawn with a penalty of percentage? it is common for CD withdrawn earlier to be penalized but that means the liquidity of the funds still viable but with a lesser amount?

Please appeal this and there is no way they will get by just refuse you because of the CD is not accessible at the moment.

I have a friend using Stock as POF and still got approval, so your case shall be cleared. Stock or mutual funds liquidity shall be less than the CDs.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Does the CD has a mature date on it? maybe the funds will be available deem-able at the day of planned landing? did you provide a supplement letter from the bank indicates the funds could be withdrawn with a penalty of percentage? it is common for CD withdrawn earlier to be penalized but that means the liquidity of the funds still viable but with a lesser amount?

Please appeal this and there is no way they will get by just refuse you because of the CD is not accessible at the moment.

I have a friend using Stock as POF and still got approval, so your case shall be cleared. Stock or mutual funds liquidity shall be less than the CDs.
They do state on their website that the funds need to be available to you and cannot be in the form of bonds. I would never have done what M_A did.

The wait tho... I'm upset that they made him wait 7 months for such a simple answer.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
They do state on their website that the funds need to be available to you and cannot be in the form of bonds. I would never have done what M_A did.

The wait tho... I'm upset that they made him wait 7 months for such a simple answer.
CD is not bond, bond is fixed income investment instruments, which has longer maturity date like 20-30 years. on the other hand CD is accessible but lesser amount than shown on the CD.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi guys,

I would like to ask your opinion guys.

I just received a letter from cic, which is informing us of my wife needs to go medical exam. I also git a separate letter on the same day requesting us to pay for the RPRF.

Do we have a good chance of getting our PR soon?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I would like to ask your opinion guys.

I just received a letter from cic, which is informing us of my wife needs to go medical exam. I also git a separate letter on the same day requesting us to pay for the RPRF.

Do we have a good chance of getting our PR soon?

Thank you in advance for your insights.
What's your AOR? I don't know about the medical exam, so I can't comment (didn't you have to do medical before aor?). With regard to RPRF, I have been told that it is a good sign that your application is progressing, but can't say how soon you will receive PPR. I got RPRF in December and I am still waiting. I have read in other forums that RPRF, while it could be requested at any point, is often requested when the case analyst passes (or recommends) your eligibility and your file is transferred to the local visa office.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
What's your AOR? I don't know about the medical exam, so I can't comment (didn't you have to do medical before aor?). With regard to RPRF, I have been told that it is a good sign that your application is progressing, but can't say how soon you will receive PPR. I got RPRF in December and I am still waiting. I have read in other forums that RPRF, while it could be requested at any point, is often requested when the case analyst passes (or recommends) your eligibility and your file is transferred to the local visa office.
AOR was July 19, 2018.

I added my wife in my application, because we got married after my AOR.