+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
Just got my GCMS notes I ordered a month ago.

This is so frustrating :(, no one has touched my file for months except for the case analyst in late August. I moved to IP2 on February 1st (after I ordered the notes) and no movement since then... I'm in for the long wait, bummer.
I had same senario...You should call CIC and enquire. When I called today they said my file is approved though my online portal still says processing background check.

One thing that agent told me is inland candidates will get landing interview to the nearest location of your mailing address. This landing interview will be scheduled by Montreal Office and they can take any where between 1week to 10 weeks to schedule this landing interview depending on available appointments. He told me there is nothing that can be done but to just wait for getting interview appointment letter.

So my advice is call CIC, i am very confident that your's is approved too, it just takes time to get landing interview. Atleast you can be relieved that you have an approved application.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
My application got to the 6-months mark today. Called CIC and as usual same story everything is passed for myself (Eligibility, criminality, medical, security, ) and for my wife (added to my application February 1st even though I have been following up since December ( Eligibility passed; criminality initiated ; security not started; and medicals passed.

deq

Jan 9, 2019
I had same senario...You should call CIC and enquire. When I called today they said my file is approved though my online portal still says processing background check.

One thing that agent told me is inland candidates will get landing interview to the nearest location of your mailing address. This landing interview will be scheduled by Montreal Office and they can take any where between 1week to 10 weeks to schedule this landing interview depending on available appointments. He told me there is nothing that can be done but to just wait for getting interview appointment letter.

So my advice is call CIC, i am very confident that your's is approved too, it just takes time to get landing interview. Atleast you can be relieved that you have an approved application.
Thanks for that.
Am I supposed to get the landing interview invitation by email or a physical letter sent to my address ?

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks for that.
Am I supposed to get the landing interview invitation by email or a physical letter sent to my address ?
I asked this specific question to the agent and he said keep a eye on both sometimes first it arrives in mail and then later in email or vice versa.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hi Rooneysanket and HFL2018. Are you both Inland applicants as well?

Rooney- Congratulations on the approval! I have been trying to CIC but never got through. What number did you call? I am so happy for you!
Same question with HFL2018, mine also moved to IP2 after medicals were approved last August.
Yes I am In-land. My application moved to IP2 just some days after AOR and before medical passed

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Oh..I need help
my profile has just been "updated" and my background check is now "not applicable" what is this ?... does this mean I'll move to Ip2? @cansha @Adeife23 @tobs
It is NA2, sometime it shows sometimes dont it is a stage your application shall become IP2 within next 24-48 hours.

I would call IRCC to verify it and you might learn that you application is ready to be approved or already approved.

Reactions: M_A

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Just got my GCMS notes I ordered a month ago.

This is so frustrating :(, no one has touched my file for months except for the case analyst in late August. I moved to IP2 on February 1st (after I ordered the notes) and no movement since then... I'm in for the long wait, bummer.
if you are on IP2, it might be because they are trying to get a landing interview date scheduled for you. where you live might be less opening and too busy. You shall be fine.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
It is NA2, sometime it shows sometimes dont it is a stage your application shall become IP2 within next 24-48 hours.

I would call IRCC to verify it and you might learn that you application is ready to be approved or already approved.
Yeah , I'll call

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
This is not common for Montreal at all. But mostly a good sign as it shows someone did work on your file. Let's hope for the best!
i called an agent few minutes ago, was extremely unhelpful, she answered my question about "the background check that has changed to not applicable" as this may be "a technical glitch", and said that my eligibility is under review and that the security checks usually are put aside till the eligibility check is finished, and she was very reluctant to answer my questions and she didn't even put me on hold time to check my application, she just went straight to telling me that my application is "ongoing"

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
i called an agent few minutes ago, was extremely unhelpful, she answered my question about "the background check that has changed to not applicable" as this may be "a technical glitch", and said that my eligibility is under review and that the security checks usually are put aside till the eligibility check is finished, and she was very reluctant to answer my questions and she didn't even put me on hold time to check my application, she just went straight to telling me that my application is "ongoing"
That’s sad. But yeah some agents are ... to use a mild word .. unhelpful. May be try again in two weeks if you don’t hear anything. It’s possible you get PPR before that.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
That’s sad. But yeah some agents are ... to use a mild word .. unhelpful. May be try again in two weeks if you don’t hear anything. It’s possible you get PPR before that.
@cansha.. I was refused

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
@M_A I’m so sorry. I hope there is a way you can explain everything you submitted and fix this situation. It’s painful to hear that they can refuse after making ppl wait for so long.
You don't know the heartbreak I've to deal with now. the Time,effort and money spent.. the waiting throughout the whole 7 months.. and it is a wrongful decision due to a misinterpretation by an officer, who didn't take the time to understand my case.. pray for me you all reading this.

BUGSIE91

Mar 18, 2018
You don't know the heartbreak I've to deal with now. the Time,effort and money spent.. the waiting throughout the whole 7 months.. and it is a wrongful decision due to a misinterpretation by an officer, who didn't take the time to understand my case.. pray for me you all reading this.
Is there a way to explain this situation to IRCC? I hope that you can appeal this decision and get things back on track :(