+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Alright, I'm new here. In-land applicant, AOR August 4th, been on a PGWP that is expiring by the end of this month. **Never** expected this application to take so long. A colleague back in 2017 got hers in just a month.

I actually had to apply for a bridging open work permit a couple weeks ago, which also seems to be hanging. Ordered the GCMS notes more or less at the same time, no response either so far. It's like everything you send to CIC just hangs...

I called them recently, and the attendant told me my application was delayed because it was "incomplete". She was referring to the RCMP certificate I had to upload about a month after submitting my application, even though the immigration website clearly states you don't have to submit a police certificate for time spent in Canada. I mean, they can ask for as many additional documents as they want, but to call them MISSING when they didn't ask for it initially is... not good lol.

Anyways, and this is the funny part... the attendant told me, according to the available notes, that my application would be processed by June 14th. Have you ever been able to obtain these estimates by phone? Should I contact them using the online form to see if this information is going to match what she told me by phone?

Reactions: smash1984

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello friends
I got to know that my VO is Montreal and the processing times are quite long. Is there a whatsapp group or any specific social group to connect with other Montreal applicants? I am completing my 6 months mark on Saturday, still in IP1.
How can I send an email or any form of communication to CIC/IRCC regarding the status? will it be useful?
I am a FSW-Outland applicant.
Send your number by DM to @Adeife23. She will add you to the WA group. People in the group can also provide link to the excel sheet that is being maintained for Montreal cases and we have pretty good data.
How did you get to know your office is Montreal?

Reactions: Adeife23

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone. Has there been anyone on this forum who got his file approved but missed the PPR mail. If you are the one, please how long did it take for them to resend the mail. What did you have to do to get them to resend it? Asking for someone
I guess I may know this person but not sure. I guess more or less you're dependent on a kind soul in IRCC to do the right thing after raising CSEs and sending emails.

I saw one person in the excel who has file "on hold". This is the 4th case I have seen in Montreal where file is on hold. Not sure why Montreal is doing that.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
I guess I may know this person but not sure. I guess more or less you're dependent on a kind soul in IRCC to do the right thing after raising CSEs and sending emails.

I saw one person in the excel who has file "on hold". This is the 4th case I have seen in Montreal where file is on hold. Not sure why Montreal is doing that.
Hahahahaha you actually know the person. He mentioned that he spoke with you about it. When I said you are a wizard, I may have been joking, but right now I can confirm that you are. :D:D

I think the files that were put on hold are suspected/confirmed cases of SS

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Send your number by DM to @Adeife23. She will add you to the WA group. People in the group can also provide link to the excel sheet that is being maintained for Montreal cases and we have pretty good data.
I would be happy to add you when you send me a dm of your number.

Reactions: fawzy01

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Alright, I'm new here. In-land applicant, AOR August 4th, been on a PGWP that is expiring by the end of this month. **Never** expected this application to take so long. A colleague back in 2017 got hers in just a month.

I actually had to apply for a bridging open work permit a couple weeks ago, which also seems to be hanging. Ordered the GCMS notes more or less at the same time, no response either so far. It's like everything you send to CIC just hangs...

I called them recently, and the attendant told me my application was delayed because it was "incomplete". She was referring to the RCMP certificate I had to upload about a month after submitting my application, even though the immigration website clearly states you don't have to submit a police certificate for time spent in Canada. I mean, they can ask for as many additional documents as they want, but to call them MISSING when they didn't ask for it initially is... not good lol.

Anyways, and this is the funny part... the attendant told me, according to the available notes, that my application would be processed by June 14th. Have you ever been able to obtain these estimates by phone? Should I contact them using the online form to see if this information is going to match what she told me by phone?
Hi, welcome here.
Firstly, you need to understand that Montreal is in a world of its own. They do their things at their own pace and with the ways they have been wired to do them.
If you uploaded the RCMP, Its a possibility that they have not picked your file since you uploaded it hence the reason the agent still sees it as pending. Did you raise a CSE to upload it and did you get a response? You may want to specifically call to ask her if they have added it to your documents. There are high chances that they have it but they have not just picked up your file or updated that it has been received. I raised two CSEs to add unsolicited documents that I thought were needed to help make the final decision. I got responses to say that they had been sent to the appropriate office. And I got PPR so they obviously saw those docs. Montreal does not give per time updates and that is because they don't do much from elligibility to PPR even if it takes several months. I dare to say they touch your file twice after R10 in 6-8months.

About gcms, if you ordered directly using the ATIP free site, i have heard so many people say they never received their gcms or it came after PPR lol. Well, for free services, i think you should not expect much. You may want to try getgcms. Its 15 dollars. They have been pretty reliable.

Sometimes these agents give very far estimates of dates that your file would be approved so that you don't keep calling them. Dont be discouraged by the June date. June is too far except there is a very peculiar thing about ypur file or it was sent for security screening which we do not hope for you. When you are closer to PPR sometimes a nice agent may give you a date that the VO has indicated as a deadline. I have found that PPRs have been issued a week or two before this deadline. Considering your AOR, I think PPR shouldn't be so far off again. Cos they are now issuing for late july and already gave someone with August 3rd AOR.

Hang in there, order from getgcms even though chances are you get ppr before you receive it .

All the best. If you look at the excel sheet on Montreal Whatsapp group, you would see that a lot of July and August folks are still waiting. YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi, welcome here.

If you uploaded the RCMP, Its a possibility that they have not picked your file since you uploaded it hence the reason the agent still sees it as pending. Did you raise a CSE to upload it and did you get a response? You may want to specifically call to ask her if they have added it to your documents. There are high chances that they have it but they have not just picked up your file or updated that it has been received. I raised two CSEs to add unsolicited documents that I thought were needed to help make the final decision. I got responses to say that they had been sent to the appropriate office. And I got PPR so they obviously saw those docs. Montreal does not give per time updates and that is because they don't do much from elligibility to PPR even if it takes several months. I dare to say they touch your file twice after R10 in 6-8months.
Just to clarify, the agent I spoke with over the phone told me there are no pending documents. I uploaded it through the CIC portal 3 days after it was requested.

I don't think there's anything peculiar about my profile. Everything in there is pretty standard. No idea why it would have to go through security screening either.

JJim

Dec 11, 2018
I just did that
Thank you so much for your response

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
@cansha I have a question for you in case you can help me. According to my GCMS notes, the case analyst marked review required for the documents I provided for my current job. However, the case analyst was satisfied with the documents submitted for the 2 previous positions and those documents are technically sufficient for securing 471 CRS points, which is above the 441 cut-off during my draw. That was written by the case analyst on the notes as well.

I did provide a letter that the HR gave me that had all the responsibilities listed + other data about the company itself at the time of applying for my work authorization. I also provided an LOE + all the other documents that prove my experience. Just that the responsibilities are in page 2 of the letter and the letter itself is somewhat detailed and goes on for 4-5 pages along with the offer, etc. It is possible the cast analyst didn't notice them in the second page or did not read my letter of explanation.

My question is how much delay/problems would documents that would have no impact on the overall score cause? Or is there any criteria for all submitted documents to be accepted for an application to be approved. When I first submitted my application, I wanted to be thorough and gave everything I had. But in hindisight, I wish I had not submitted these documents because my application would have been very simple and I would have still received enough CRS points by just claiming points for the two positions I held before.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Just to clarify, the agent I spoke with over the phone told me there are no pending documents. I uploaded it through the CIC portal 3 days after it was requested.

I don't think there's anything peculiar about my profile. Everything in there is pretty standard. No idea why it would have to go through security screening either.
Upon uploading of the document through the cic portal have you received any email from cic acknowledging the submission of your document?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I have a question for you in case you can help me. According to my GCMS notes, the case analyst marked review required for the documents I provided for my current job. However, the case analyst was satisfied with the documents submitted for the 2 previous positions and those documents are technically sufficient for securing 471 CRS points, which is above the 441 cut-off during my draw. That was written by the case analyst on the notes as well.

I did provide a letter that the HR gave me that had all the responsibilities listed + other data about the company itself at the time of applying for my work authorization. I also provided an LOE + all the other documents that prove my experience. Just that the responsibilities are in page 2 of the letter and the letter itself is somewhat detailed and goes on for 4-5 pages along with the offer, etc. It is possible the cast analyst didn't notice them in the second page or did not read my letter of explanation.

My question is how much delay/problems would documents that would have no impact on the overall score cause? Or is there any criteria for all submitted documents to be accepted for an application to be approved. When I first submitted my application, I wanted to be thorough and gave everything I had. But in hindisight, I wish I had not submitted these documents because my application would have been very simple and I would have still received enough CRS points by just claiming points for the two positions I held before.
Yep its possible case analyst didn’t read your LOE. Montreal is generally forgiving in such cases and there have been similar cases like this with review required for work experience but they didn’t see any additional delays because of this. So my guess is whenever your file is picked next visa officer May approve it.