+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hi Axwell.. I've no intention to call them at the moment or even after 4 days from now, I've just done on the 14th of this current month ,was the 3rd time to reach them throughout the whole 6 months period, and I've got the same exact response and "wordings" , that my eligibility is "under review" or "in progress", with the background check "not started" , no documents needed at the moment. Ordered GCMS in October and never received it, ordered another set 12 days ago. I may raise a CSE after a couple of days, not optimistic about that at all, just something that I haven't done yet.
FSW-O (non US)
Single applicant
AOR July 30,2018
MEP & IP1 :August 22nd & 23rd
Nothing after that.
and @cansha I guess I'll try to prevent myself from getting excessively emotional with my sentences in that webform that I will raise in few days , just remembered U passing through the same emotional phase
Yeah i was asking becasue i was curious to know your AOR so that way we can keep a track or sequential track of the dates they are processing at montreal. for now it looks like July 16th and 18th are being processed this week and next week.
we should be able to see some movement in the order of
AOR's @maverick1982 followed by @sam.m followed by @Adeife23 followed by @M_A followed and lastly myself.

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah i was asking becasue i was curious to know your AOR so that way we can keep a track or sequential track of the dates they are processing at montreal. for now it looks like July 16th and 18th are being processed this week and next week.
AOR's @maverick1982 followed by @sam.m followed by @Adeife23 followed by @M_A followed and lastly myself.
I am keeping my fingers crossed...my AoR is 16 July - Montreal VO

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
You are correct. But keep in mind it is not totally sequential. It has been 5.5 to 6.5 months for most folks. Someone who has review and later date has gotten PPR before recommend passed and earlier date. So you guys may see movement before me . Best case we all get PPR next week

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
You are correct. But keep in mind it is not totally sequential. It has been 5.5 to 6.5 months for most folks. Someone who has review and later date has gotten PPR before recommend passed and earlier date. So you guys may see movement before me . Best case we all get PPR next week
Amen to that

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Yeah..sure, I pray in my heart that our wait would end sooner rather than later

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Montreal folks - I hope coming week is a good one for all of you. We have had rather dull two weeks prior to this one. I think it is high time for some more action. Based on previous trend some August 1st week guys can also hope for some movement.

But, I'm really hoping that Montreal moves on June and July candidates. Its about time! All the best everyone!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I think the call center agents are actually based in Montreal. As per gcms notes my calls to them are logger against Montreal contact center or something. And most agents do seem to have a heavy French accent.
I noticed the same too.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Montreal folks - I hope coming week is a good one for all of you. We have had rather dull two weeks prior to this one. I think it is high time for some more action. Based on previous trend some August 1st week guys can also hope for some movement.

But, I'm really hoping that Montreal moves on June and July candidates. Its about time! All the best everyone!
Agree. Very dull two weeks. I dont remember how it used to be before new year. Probably the same, but when one is waiting it seems longer and worse.
Also, this is posted in some places, not sure if it is believable
https://www.canadim.com/quebec-announces-suspension-of-arrima/
But it mentioned somewhere 15k+ applications in backlog and they want to clear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam.m and cansha

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Raised a CSE last week after 6 month mark. Got a reply today morning:

"Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.

The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

The background verifications are currently being reworked.

The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse."

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Raised a CSE last week after 6 month mark. Got a reply today morning:

"Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.

The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

The background verifications are currently being reworked.

The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse."
This reply basically means nothing. I had received same reply even though I knew from my gcms notes that my eligibility has been recommended pass.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
This reply basically means nothing. I had received same reply even though I knew from my gcms notes that my eligibility has been recommended pass.
Hi @cansha , when did you receive the same reply and when did you got PPR? I just got the same reply. Thanks.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Guys, Thank you so much for your help and support! i couldnt have coped with this and probably gone insane without your help! I am happy to inform you that i have received my PPR after all the wait!. For some reason it wasnt opening so i tried a different browser. Thank you especially to Cansha, Phanneshwar, Malobs, Adeife23,M_A, Sam, Yash, Axwel, sirjoe and all other members who have taken the pains to share their knowledge even in hard times. I will absolutely be here to provide support and whatever little information i have to the group.

Last edited: