+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Canjan18

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks friend.. Will wait for another month to order gcms. May I know the trend line for Montréal office to give ppr?
I heard it is very slow but how slow is it now? Is it possible to expect by 6 month timeline Or wait more than that?

Welcome to the thread! Sorry to disappoint but the info the cic agent gave you is way up to date than your gcms notes so don't expect anything to be there apart from the program assistant doing the R10 check. Your best bet is to ask for a fresh gcms set in a month.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks friend.. Will wait for another month to order gcms. May I know the trend line for Montréal office to give ppr?
I heard it is very slow but how slow is it now? Is it possible to expect by 6 month timeline Or wait more than that?
It has varied from 5.5 to 6.5 months for most Outland cases. Some may need more time. The delay is more than that for inland

Reactions: cansha

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

My AOR was July 19, 2018
Medical Passed August 2018

I raised CSE last December and as per their reply, my application was in Sydney Nova Scotia and R10 passed simce August 2018.

Last week, I raised another CSE and their reply was, initial assessment passed last October 4,2018 and my application was transfered in Montreal VO.

Any opinion on this guys?

Thank you in advance.
Can only speculate. If you are Outland(based on trends) , you can expect something by month end or early next month. But if you are inland it may take longer. Little confused though:you said r10 passed in August in Sydney , then again initial assessment in October in Montreal, do you mean eligibility? . Your first cse was in December and they should have known about the October progress.

Reactions: cansha

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Can only speculate. If you are Outland(based on trends) , you can expect something by month end or early next month. But if you are inland it may take longer. Little confused though:you said r10 passed in August in Sydney , then again initial assessment in October in Montreal, do you mean eligibility? . Your first cse was in December and they should have known about the October progress.
Hi @maverick1982

I am an inland applicant under FSW.

I am also confused with regards to the timeline they game me.

I called them last December to ask if there's any update with my application amd the Agent told me that R10 passed last August.

Then, first week January 2019, I raised a CSE, and this was their reply:
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on October 4, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the IRCC Montreal office. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet theeligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
Any thoughts on this?

Thank you

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi @maverick1982

I called them last December to ask if there's any update with my application amd the Agent told me that R10 passed last August.

• The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on October 4, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the IRCC Montreal office. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet theeligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
Any thoughts on this?

Thank you
It seems that the first agent may have given wrong information or miscommunicated . The second one is in writing and I believe it more. Did you order notes? That is the best way to know what is going on now since the agent and cse response don't seem to give the same picture . I'm not familiar with how inland varies in regards to the steps compared to Outland. But I would imagine theres only one completeness check. Other forum members, any thoughts?

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @maverick1982

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you
Initial assessment refers to R10 check. So, from this reply seems like your R10 check was done on 4 Oct. My suggestion would be to order your GCMS notes.

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
6-8 months...unless you are selected for extra security checks then no one can tell....

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
6-8 months...unless you are selected for extra security checks then no one can tell....
That's a nightmare. A couple of people on WhatsApp group are in security very likely. They haven't traveled to any trigger country but there's speculation that it's because of their govt job inland or a name match to someone else who must have committed crime perhaps

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
That's a nightmare. A couple of people on WhatsApp group are in security very likely. They haven't traveled to any trigger country but there's speculation that it's because of their govt job inland or a name match to someone else who must have committed crime perhaps
Could be anything there is no way to predict it

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Want to share my feeling of disappointment as I've just discovered that my application hasn't nearly moved since submission, my aor is july 30,2018 , medicals passed on august 21, moved to ip1 the following day, since then nothing has changed ,and throughout this period of time i called CIC around three times, three different agents replied back that my eligibility is "under review" (these r their exact wording ,the three of them) , and nothing else has started.
Um unable actually to comprehend "under review" status, they told me no extra documents are needed, and when i asked if under review means there's an issue with my application ,they say :no.. it is under verification.
I ordered GCMS (ATIP) through a friend in Canada on October 5th, which i never received.
Clueless..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Want to share my feeling of disappointment as I've just discovered that my application hasn't nearly moved since submission, my aor is july 30,2018 , medicals passed on august 21, moved to ip1 the following day, since then nothing has changed ,and throughout this period of time i called CIC around three times, three different agents replied back that my eligibility is "under review" (these r their exact wording ,the three of them) , and nothing else has started.
Um unable actually to comprehend "under review" status, they told me no extra documents are needed, and when i asked if under review means there's an issue with my application ,they say :no.. it is under verification.
I ordered GCMS (ATIP) through a friend in Canada on October 5th, which i never received.
Clueless..
Unfortunately nothing can be said unless you get your GCMS notes. There have been many instances like the one you described where GCMS notes just don't arrive and I don't know why that happens. But, I think just apply for GCMS notes again.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Clueless..
You should use getgcms this time ,see if that arrives faster instead of using your friend again. I've ordered twice and both arrived in about 33 days. Do it asap

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Clueless..
Many July applicants are still under review. This VO just started with July, but for some reason they slowed down last week. Try ordering GCMS notes via getgcms.com. If you read previous posts, there is not really a trend at Montreal VO. Someone whose application is under review moves to IP2 and PPR the same day. Hope this helps.