+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
It will be good to have a what's app group or something for all those who made it through Montreal . We can network and help for job search in Canada!.
Thank you so much. I’m going to be here. I’m not really worried about move that much. My guess is move from US to Canada is probably not that difficult compared to moving from some more remote part of the world. I hope I’m right. In any case I’ll stick around and always available.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Once again Thank You All!
Late to the party but congratulations @cansha :):eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: cansha

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Joining the Montreal visa office club. July 12, 2018 AOR, still in "IP1." Will hit the 6-month mark this weekend. FSW-O, family of 3 from US.

Got our first set of GCMS notes today that show eligibility review required and file is with Montreal. Medicals passed, security and criminality not started, info sharing complete (whatever that means). Eligibility review due to a 14-year-old DUI of my wife's that was dismissed in court (note: two glasses of wine at dinner will do it....). Crossing our fingers given the new DUI rules that might require a tedious, uncertain, and drawn-out rehabilitation process.

It sounds like they're making their way though the June files? Is that right? Anyone watching this kind of thing care to estimate how someone in our situation should expect to wait for final answer?

Congrats to everyone that has started to receive PPR's recently. Hoping to join that club sooner rather than later too.

Look under page 1/2 under assessment section to see if your eligibility is recommended pass.

Mine is the same with Notes 1 and 2 indicate Eligibility RR from Central intake and Montreal RR. but under assessment section it shows Eligibility RP.
I have called several times to confirm that my Eligibility is indeed RP

Reactions: robertobolano

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Didn't think about it yet. Will be driving from Houston to Toronto. Any ideas/suggestions? I think the 2 options are Detroit and New York !
Buffalo will be a better place to cross with driving. The only down side crossing from Buffalo is that you will have to take some toll roads on the way there. if you are moving permanently, make sure to export your vehicle and you need to fax the US title information to US CBP 72 hours prior to your planned cross, so that you dont get delayed at the US border.

Reactions: phaneeswar130

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
That's cool. Good luck to you buddy!
Thank you, Best luck to your driving as well. be careful as the roads might be slippery when you getting close to Toronto, as there might be some snow on the way there. if you are not used to driving in the snow and icy road, I would recommend driving slow.

Reactions: phaneeswar130

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Guys ..Need help with couple more things..
Can we cross border outside of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Window post COPR ?
And how do we declare clothes and utensils in customs form.? Does everything has to be covered individually from appliances perspective..?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys ..Need help with couple more things..
Can we cross border outside of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Window post COPR ?
And how do we declare clothes and utensils in customs form.? Does everything has to be covered individually from appliances perspective..?
You can make just one entry for clothes and one for utensils. For appliances you can list them individually. Don’t think there will be a lot.

bkhan88

Jan 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

Wanted to get some feedback from the people present here.
My AOR is 16th July, just got my GCMS notes and analyst recommendation says review required. Review is for the analyst being unable to verify if my earlier work experience was paid or not, due to which 50 points have been deducted and that makes my CRS score from 478 to 428 (below the cutoff score for that week when i got my ITA).
I havent received any ADR request as yet though, should i wait for the ADR request or should i just go ahead and upload my salary letter that I can get in a day or two from my ex-employer anyways.
Also, if i do need to upload it anyways to be on a safer side, how can I do that? I am not sure how i add a document in my already submitted application and then also let those guys know at the Montreal VO that i have added another document to support my paid work at my previous employer.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
You can make just one entry for clothes and one for utensils. For appliances you can list them individually. Don’t think there will be a lot.
Thanks...Had done the same for now atleast...
Any idea about "landing in Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Window post COPR ?" Can we plan outside the window as well.?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

Wanted to get some feedback from the people present here.
My AOR is 16th July, just got my GCMS notes and analyst recommendation says review required. Review is for the analyst being unable to verify if my earlier work experience was paid or not, due to which 50 points have been deducted and that makes my CRS score from 478 to 428 (below the cutoff score for that week when i got my ITA).
I havent received any ADR request as yet though, should i wait for the ADR request or should i just go ahead and upload my salary letter that I can get in a day or two from my ex-employer anyways.
Also, if i do need to upload it anyways to be on a safer side, how can I do that? I am not sure how i add a document in my already submitted application and then also let those guys know at the Montreal VO that i have added another document to support my paid work at my previous employer.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Upload it proactively. Don’t wait for ADR. You can do so by raising a case specific enquiry. Just google and you will see the link.

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
Look under page 1/2 under assessment section to see if your eligibility is recommended pass.

Mine is the same with Notes 1 and 2 indicate Eligibility RR from Central intake and Montreal RR. but under assessment section it shows Eligibility RP.
I have called several times to confirm that my Eligibility is indeed RP
Thanks so much @tuitui509 and @cansha! Even under assessment it still shows review required. I'll be sure to check the next set of GCMS notes to see if that has changed. And technically the dui was disclosed in a stat question, but like you said, I'm guessing it is a rather unpredictable timeline here as they're probably reaching out to local police, courts, etc. for records. Fingers crossed-

Best of luck to you @tuitui509

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
Thanks so much @tuitui509 and @cansha! Even under assessment it still shows review required. I'll be sure to check the next set of GCMS notes to see if that has changed. And technically the dui was disclosed in a stat question, but like you said, I'm guessing it is a rather unpredictable timeline here as they're probably reaching out to local police, courts, etc. for records. Fingers crossed-

Best of luck to you @tuitui509
Also, is it normal to have the top right hand corner of GCMS notes with an overlay that says "PROTECTED 'B'"? I feel like I hear most other people having numbers there.