+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
For any new folks who have joined or will join this thread. Please order GCMS notes by 120 day mark at least if your file is in Montreal. Montreal’s analysts tend to put work experience in review required even if one detail is a little off from what they expect. From what we have seen on the thread taking proactive action can ensure there is no delay in your file.

People on WhatsApp group please post on WA group as well that any August and September candidates who haven’t ordered notes yet may do so now. It may help them even if they think their documents are perfect.
I wish I have found this thread and the WA group earlier to order my notes. I thought I had an attorney do it for me it would be seamless. so I stopped researching and being care less until the 4th month has passed.

Now I have the notes and understood why it was sent to Montreal and why it was taking this long, and knowing I had statutory question RR and RR passed to RP. today I found more details on the note says the Selection -- EE Econ recommended pass. I read somewhere that means I shall have PPR soon just wait for them to final it.

@cansha Thank you for directing me to the right group of people and resource, you are truly a life saver!

Reactions: HFL2018

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I wish I have found this thread and the WA group earlier to order my notes. I thought I had an attorney do it for me it would be seamless. so I stopped researching and being care less until the 4th month has passed.

Now I have the notes and understood why it was sent to Montreal and why it was taking this long, and knowing I had statutory question RR and RR passed to RP. today I found more details on the note says the Selection -- EE Econ recommended pass. I read somewhere that means I shall have PPR soon just wait for them to final it.

@cansha Thank you for directing me to the right group of people and resource, you are truly a life saver!
@cansha, I just found out from my attorney there is an update email being sent to them. but I logged in to my cic account and there is no update what so ever. Does this mean it is a ghost update?

the only thing I have done lately was received my first GCMS note last Friday and called an agent at 6:00 sharp. Agent told me he might be able to send a case inquiry on my behalf but most likely it will be ignored by VO and recommend me to call back on my pass 6 month day. He did mention that most likely my case will be delayed from what he saw in the system as background check has not started yet. this is purely based on his experience, not a fact.

I am hoping to have good news soon so I can get out of here. I do have a job waiting for me in Toronto, so I can not wait to get there.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha, I just found out from my attorney there is an update email being sent to them. but I logged in to my cic account and there is no update what so ever. Does this mean it is a ghost update?

the only thing I have done lately was received my first GCMS note last Friday and called an agent at 6:00 sharp. Agent told me he might be able to send a case inquiry on my behalf but most likely it will be ignored by VO and recommend me to call back on my pass 6 month day. He did mention that most likely my case will be delayed from what he saw in the system as background check has not started yet. this is purely based on his experience, not a fact.

I am hoping to have good news soon so I can get out of here. I do have a job waiting for me in Toronto, so I can not wait to get there.
Ghost updates generally don’t announce them with emails so I’m not sure what happened there. A little stupid but did you scroll down to check if there is a new message below the statuses in your account.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Your file moving to Montreal has nothing to do with stat question RR. It’s a coincidence.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Seems like another dull day in Montreal. They have not following the previous trend. Earlier Wednesday used to be an active day but today there was no action. Hoping for an eventful Thursday or a super Friday like last week.

Reactions: AmB20

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
For any new folks who have joined or will join this thread. Please order GCMS notes by 120 day mark at least if your file is in Montreal. Montreal’s analysts tend to put work experience in review required even if one detail is a little off from what they expect. From what we have seen on the thread taking proactive action can ensure there is no delay in your file.

People on WhatsApp group please post on WA group as well that any August and September candidates who haven’t ordered notes yet may do so now. It may help them even if they think their documents are perfect.
I actually made this announcement today when I was welcoming new members. As we saw about 6 new members join today

Reactions: cansha

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Seems like another dull day in Montreal. They have not following the previous trend. Earlier Wednesday used to be an active day but today there was no action. Hoping for an eventful Thursday or a super Friday like last week.
Not so good to get your hopes up with Montreal. Sigh. With Friday's rain, Mondays drizzle and yesterdays drop, it was easy to get excited. But yeah lets see what Friday brings.
Maybe Friday was some very happy VO who got back from the holiday excited. Now the excitement is over ;)

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not so good to get your hopes up with Montreal. Sigh. With Friday's rain, Mondays drizzle and yesterdays drop, it was easy to get excited. But yeah lets see what Friday brings.
Maybe Friday was some very happy VO who got back from the holiday excited. Now the excitement is over ;)
Yeah I hope they don’t go back to their old ways. We need more pace from them. Let’s hope the next two days are better.

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
not that I am aware of, only flag polling was restricted on certain days at certain port never heard of any restrictions on landing. If I were you I would go on the landing specific thread to ask that question.
Thanks .. Was able to find the fine print where it mentioned "This is specifically for People who are crossing over to US side and then back with Sole purpose of activating COPR and PR (Not the exact Wordings)"