+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Ash_Vish

Sep 18, 2018
Oops,
Forgot to mention that I (dependent) alone received the request and the message mentions that the primary applicant will be contacted by local IRCC office in Canada. Hoping to receive it soon too.!

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oops,
Forgot to mention that I (dependent) alone received the request and the message mentions that the primary applicant will be contacted by local IRCC office in Canada. Hoping to receive it soon too.!
Yes that is standard. I think there is 4-6 weeks lag for inland candidates as they schedule landing interviews now and you won't be required to send your passport for stamping. Good thing is that you get your PPR then and there. Bad thing is your dependent can't travel to Canada unless your interview is done.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Yeah i think these days all the cases moving to IP2 .
Condition is -
If ADR then just IP2
No ADR then IP2 + PPR In the message
I got ADR but still in IP1. I just think that the change in status is random and cannot be correlated to the actual processing of your file. So at this moment, what does your status say about the additional document(s) required?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I got ADR but still in IP1. I just think that the change in status is random and cannot be correlated to the actual processing of your file. So at this moment, what does your status say about the additional document(s) required?
His ADR is different from yours as he was just told to provide a small detail over email and wasn't required to upload any documents.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thanks, I will do that. Are there chances of the Visa Officer rejecting without them asking for ADR if I do not do this?
Yes! There is a very big chance of getting rejection if the VO looks at your case. My friend already was a victim as she didn't get her GCMS note until after the rejection. So, try and act proactively!

Reactions: bazingaaa

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
My file was transfered to Montreal on May 2 and first touched at Montreal is August 6. So it sat there 3 months no touch. If this is the trend then you can absolutely reorder note first week of Dec as your Eligibility will be touch on Nov 23 :)))
Almost same as mine. It was transferred to Montreal 31st May and eligibility was done on Aug 6! Quite a shame!

Reactions: annevn8

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Notes arrived. The latest note only says completeness check passed. So eligibility hasn't started yet or is ongoing. My file was transferred to Montreal on Aug 23 although aor is July 16. Transferred files may face more delays it seems. Notes generated on Oct 16 so i suppose 2 months after completeness check is not enough time for Montreal. Thinking of reordering notes first week of December. Any thoughts guys?
Do you have case analyst notes about your work exp/education?

Ash_Vish

Sep 18, 2018
Oh! I didnt know there was such a delay.
And I was under the impression that I can travel to Canada even before the primary applicant as he is already there on a work permit.
Any links where I can read about cases like these?
Yes that is standard. I think there is 4-6 weeks lag for inland candidates as they schedule landing interviews now and you won't be required to send your passport for stamping. Good thing is that you get your PPR then and there. Bad thing is your dependent can't travel to Canada unless your interview is done.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oh! I didnt know there was such a delay.
And I was under the impression that I can travel to Canada even before the primary applicant as he is already there on a work permit.
Any links where I can read about cases like these?
That’s the rule. Primary applicant needs to be the first one to enter on COPR. Dependents can either accompany them or come later. They cant go before primary applicant is PR.

Reactions: Ash_Vish

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Do you have case analyst notes about your work exp/education?
Nothing on work experience but education: Primary applicant ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site, canadian equivalency: masters. Why do you ask?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Nothing on work experience but education: Primary applicant ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site, canadian equivalency: masters. Why do you ask?
Oh no :( because I’m in a similar situation like yours. I just want to be done with eligibility and worried about my work experience letter. Do you have any idea when they gonna start eligibility check? My AOR is 7/27

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Oh no :( because I’m in a similar situation like yours. I just want to be done with eligibility and worried about my work experience letter. Do you have any idea when they gonna start eligibility check? My AOR is 7/27
I checked first few pages and it said eligibility not started so same her. was the file transferred to Montreal or began at
Montreal? If transferred, what date? I am asking because Montreal thinks transferred day is start day. If started on July 27 i would say Oct end is when they start eligibility

naten

Feb 20, 2018
I checked first few pages and it said eligibility not started so same her. was the file transferred to Montreal or began at
Montreal? If transferred, what date? I am asking because Montreal thinks transferred day is start day. If started on July 27 i would say Oct end is when they start eligibility
It was transferred around mid Oct, I had some issue with my medical so it took them that long to transfer from Ottawa. So you’re saying it’s gonna take 4 months for them to work on our eligibility. The thing is I’m about to resign from my employer, if something were to happen after I left like work exp RR, I wouldn’t be able to provide more documents :(

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
It was transferred around mid Oct, I had some issue with my medical so it took them that long to transfer from Ottawa. So you’re saying it’s gonna take 4 months for them to work on our eligibility. The thing is I’m about to resign from my employer, if something were to happen after I left like work exp RR, I wouldn’t be able to provide more documents :(
Oh man sorry to hear that. Is there a way you can delay resgining? It would be best to get notarized letters from your colleagues proactively if you think something is missing in your employment letter. Were roles and responsibilities mentioned and all other details expected by CIC? About eligibility start , as per Cansha it is R10 date check that is considered start date. When was your R10 check done? Montreal may have to start early even if it was transferred in Oct. After 6 month you can turn up the heat. Cansha any thoughts?