+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

john4859

Apr 13, 2018
Hitting 5 months mark today fellas. I've ordered GCMS notes last week but if I get my notes before PPR, it will get past 6 months.

Reactions: cansha

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hope you get PPR before that. I'm myself very close to 4 month mark. 1-2 more months I hope.
I hope you get it soon man. Appreciate your help in clarifying the process and that montreal is slow. I would have been extrememly worried if i had assumed i should get PR in 2-3 months.. Atleast now i have accepted the fact that im in a slow train

Reactions: cansha

john4859

Apr 13, 2018
Hope you get PPR before that. I'm myself very close to 4 month mark. 1-2 more months I hope.
Talked with an IRCC agent today. At least, she informed me that my eligibility is recommended pass. Didn't get anything else out of her. She was calm and supportive.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope you get it soon man. Appreciate your help in clarifying the process and that montreal is slow. I would have been extrememly worried if i had assumed i should get PR in 2-3 months.. Atleast now i have accepted the fact that im in a slow train
Ya knowing that helps a little for few days but not much! I still feel tensed every other day and hope that Montreal works faster.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Talked with an IRCC agent today. At least, she informed me that my eligibility is recommended pass. Didn't get anything else out of her. She was calm and supportive.
That's good. Atleast one big hurdle is crossed and also busts the myth further that Montreal was meant for "review required" applications.

I think the issue is our applications have been gathering dust from the day they were recommended passed. In a different visa office may be we would have received PPR by now. but these guys just don't touch files. From what i have seen once the background check starts it may not take long but the thing is these guys don't initiate the step for far too long.

Sington

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
That's good. Atleast one big hurdle is crossed and also busts the myth further that Montreal was meant for "review required" applications.

I think the issue is our applications have been gathering dust from the day they were recommended passed. In a different visa office may be we would have received PPR by now. but these guys just don't touch files. From what i have seen once the background check starts it may not take long but the thing is these guys don't initiate the step for far too long.

that so true they even touch the files after eligibility pass..not sure if they wait for that 6-month mark very seriously

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
I was looking at immitracker and in that I didnt see Montreal as a VO at all! Its always Sydney, Ottawa, Vienna or other country VOs. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Did any one else notice this?

My theory is: Maybe our applications are languishing in Montreal as part of load distribution and might get reassigned again to another CPC office and then get processed there?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was looking at immitracker and in that I didnt see Montreal as a VO at all! Its always Sydney, Ottawa, Vienna or other country VOs. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Did any one else notice this?

My theory is: Maybe our applications are languishing in Montreal as part of load distribution and might get reassigned again to another CPC office and then get processed there?
Yes you’re right it’s not listed there. My guess is it’s new. I have seen Winnipeg also on forums. Our files may get redistributed but that’s not the cause. There have been PPR issued from Montreal. So that’s not the case of them being not touched.

Reactions: phoenixsong

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Yes you’re right it’s not listed there. My guess is it’s new. I have seen Winnipeg also on forums. Our files may get redistributed but that’s not the cause. There have been PPR issued from Montreal. So that’s not the case of them being not touched.
Oh ok...

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Quick update for you guys. I had ordered my GCMS notes in Sept and still haven't received them! I got my PPR right after ordering the notes.
Passport came back from Ottawa yesterday. All set! Should I even expect the notes now? Should I email them to cancel the order?

Lastly, good luck to everyone! PPR is imminent!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Quick update for you guys. I had ordered my GCMS notes in Sept and still haven't received them! I got my PPR right after ordering the notes.
Passport came back from Ottawa yesterday. All set! Should I even expect the notes now? Should I email them to cancel the order?

Lastly, good luck to everyone! PPR is imminent!
Hey congrats once again. Please don’t cancel the notes. Let the notes arrive and let us know how they look. May help us in some way. Don’t know how. But may rather than canceling follow up why notes have not come :D:D:D