+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Hey all,

FSW Outlant Feb 2020

Called IRCC today. They told me my file has been sent to Montreal.

Eligibility is at review required.

Added spouse to application December 2021

Waiting for Montreal visa office to review our file and make a decision.

Anybody know if being transferred to Montreal is good and if they are quick or slow? Thanks all
How did you manage to reach IRCC? I tried but their system told me they cannot connect me to an agent right now.

prix

May 2, 2020
FSW-O, Dec 8 2020 AOR, COR USA, Medicals still at "You do not need a medical....". Anyone else in the same boat?
FSW-O, AOR: Jan 30, 2021, COR USA, Medical expired on 8th Jan, 2022 and having the same status: "You do not need a medical....". When I called on Dec 31, 2021, agent told, my file has been transferred to Whitehorse as primary VO and Edmonton as secondary.

Is your VO still Montreal?

gooner_91

Jan 11, 2021
Just managed to talk to an IRCC agent
AOR- Nov 30, 2020
FSW-O Candidate
COR- USA

Eligibility- Passed
Criminality and Security- Not Started
Info Sharing- In Progress
Medical- No update on either extension or remed request

VO is still Montreal.
Weird how when I requested GCMS notes and talked to an agent in summer last year, my criminality had passed while the rest had no updates but now they say criminality hasn't started.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
FSW-O, AOR: Jan 30, 2021, COR USA, Medical expired on 8th Jan, 2022 and having the same status: "You do not need a medical....". When I called on Dec 31, 2021, agent told, my file has been transferred to Whitehorse as primary VO and Edmonton as secondary.

Is your VO still Montreal?
I haven't been able to get hold of anyone on the phone and check whether the VO has changed.

Last edited:

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
AOR- Nov 30, 2020
FSW-O Candidate
COR- USA

Eligibility- Passed

VO is still Montreal.
Weird how when I requested GCMS notes and talked to an agent in summer last year, my criminality had passed while the rest had no updates but now they say criminality hasn't started.
I'm sure you'll get a PPR soon, only a matter of time.

prix

May 2, 2020
AOR- Nov 30, 2020
FSW-O Candidate
COR- USA

Eligibility- Passed

VO is still Montreal.
Probably your VO has changed after last summer. Sometimes, when VO changes, new VO repeats some steps sometimes which I read it somewhere a long time ago.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Interesting...Most of the people that I have seen that have Montreal as VO have applied from the US. In any case, Immitracker data shows that it is pretty quick, as it recently gave out PPRs for late 2020/early 2021 applicants. I hope that trend continues. Best of luck!
Montreal VO also handles most cases with Review Required (from what I've read on this same post). In my opinion, most of these cases take more time to analyze so that's why most people would say it is slower than other VOs.

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Montreal VO also handles most cases with Review Required (from what I've read on this same post). In my opinion, most of these cases take more time to analyze so that's why most people would say it is slower than other VOs.
I agree with above.

My eligibility is at review required becuase i put the wrong NOC code on my application

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I agree with above.

My eligibility is at review required becuase i put the wrong NOC code on my application
Same here, but I don't think the NOC I chose is wrong. There's an overlap as I have some duties in both NOCs, my job title is in neither of them, and they are both NOC 0. They think I should have chosen the other NOC, I disagree.

Are you doing something about it or just waiting for a decision? I am not sure if sending a letter of explanation would be helpful or if it would make it take longer.

The funny thing is my VO was Montreal, but my file was transferred to Vancouver and there they noted: "Review Required".

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Same here, but I don't think the NOC I chose is wrong. There's an overlap as I have some duties in both NOCs, my job title is in neither of them, and they are both NOC 0. They think I should have chosen the other NOC, I disagree.

Are you doing something about it or just waiting for a decision? I am not sure if sending a letter of explanation would be helpful or if it would make it take longer.

The funny thing is my VO was Montreal, but my file was transferred to Vancouver and there they noted: "Review Required".
Well my NOC code was for two jobs. I choose one.

I sent them a letter to explain why and that i cover both jobs.

Don't think its a big deal

Reactions: JSF