+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Sugaray

May 19, 2021
Hi everyone
I am FSW-Inland applicant
Aor - dec 2020
Medical - jan 2021
Biometrics- done
as per gcms notes which i ordered in april 2021,
Primary VO - montreal immigration
Secondary vo - centralised intake office
Eligibility- not started
Criminality- passed
Security - not started
Info sharing - in progress

i have few questions -
1. what do you think is going to be rest of the timeline? It’s already been 5 months for me.
2. How is montreal vo in general - like slow or fast in processing ? Has anyone from Montreal vo got PR recently ?
3. is anyone in the same timeline or category, please reply or share below.

Any leads/help will be appreciated. Thanks !

sarwanchawla

Feb 28, 2021
Hi everyone
I am FSW-Inland applicant
Aor - dec 2020
Medical - jan 2021
Biometrics- done
as per gcms notes which i ordered in april 2021,
Primary VO - montreal immigration
Secondary vo - centralised intake office
Eligibility- not started
Criminality- passed
Security - not started
Info sharing - in progress

i have few questions -
1. what do you think is going to be rest of the timeline? It’s already been 5 months for me.
2. How is montreal vo in general - like slow or fast in processing ? Has anyone from Montreal vo got PR recently ?
3. is anyone in the same timeline or category, please reply or share below.

Any leads/help will be appreciated. Thanks !
To answer your questions:

1. Be prepared to wait atleast 12 months.
2. Montreal VO in general is the worst office in the world.
I am AOR 14th Oct 2020
Still no movement on file since 4th Dec 2020

sarwanchawla

Feb 28, 2021
omgsh.. i cant believe it
Yes indeed. I don't understand why such step motherly treatment for us inlanders. If anything we should be given priority processing to address the shortage of immigrants Canada is facing this year. CEC applicants are receiving COPR in 3-4 months. I am not envious of them, but this the ideal treatment and this is how it should be for FSW inlanders. Something in their software tells doesn't allow them to segregate between inland and outland applications. For them CEC is inland and FSW is outland period. Specifically speaking there is nothing really known as FSW inland. Its either FSW or CEC or FST. They possibly can't be dumb enough not to know the difference. The fact that they are transferring all inland applications to Montreal tell me they definitely know the difference between inland and outland.

Reactions: Sugaray

PratikMuN

Apr 18, 2016
Congratulations buddy! This is good news. Montreal is the most hopeless office. So this can only mean good. I guess they realized that they were mistakenly transferring files to a already very busy office.
I am FSW Inland AOR 14th Oct 2020.
Medicals passed on 4th Dec.
Eligibility not started
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started.
And VO ofcourse is Montreal. They are the most hopeless.
Taking almost 13-15 months for file processing.
I wish my file gets transferred as well.
Mine is worst. ( May be because its a combine file for me and my wife. I was married already when I submitted file. She is in India )
FSW Inland. AOR Jan 2020.
Everything passed.
Spouse re-Medical requested and Extended on May 19, 2021.
Still waiting for final decision.

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Hello All,

I've sent passports from USA to CPCO office, Ottawa after receiving the PPR and they received it last Friday. Is there a way to track passport stamping progress apart from checking when the the UPS label tracking changes from Label Generated to Shipped?

sarwanchawla

Feb 28, 2021
Hello All,

I've sent passports from USA to CPCO office, Ottawa after receiving the PPR and they received it last Friday. Is there a way to track passport stamping progress apart from checking when the the UPS label tracking changes from Label Generated to Shipped?
Lol. Bask in the sun and have a . Time for tracking for you has come to an end. Let UPS do its work

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Lol. Bask in the sun and have a . Time for tracking for you has come to an end. Let UPS do its work
I will! :) Asking this as CPC takes anything from 1 week to sometimes more than 2 months to stamp passport without any way to track. UPS comes into picture once passport is processed and shipped. Might need our passports for some of the summer travels.

sarwanchawla

Feb 28, 2021
I meant beer lol. It gotten hidden in the comment. And no there is no anyway except GCMS notes. But by the time you apply your ATIP/gcms notes and receive your notes you would have your passports back.

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hello All,

It took 6 weeks for me to get my passport delivered.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @cansha

When I was praying for no more surprises, I received my passports back from Ottawa after 103 days with a letter saying-

"We are currently returning all passports as your file is still in progress. Once your file is ready for finalization you will be provided with further information".

I don't know if I should laugh at the process. Why send me a PPR in October 2020 and why ask for re medicals in January 2021??
I waited 16months for my PPR and looks like I will need another PPR now. THIS IS BEYOND CRAZY.

Are you aware of similar situation? I don't see anyone with double PPR requests on this forum.
Hi All
Here with a final update! After all that happened in January 2021, I received my 2nd PPR on May 14th 2021.
COPR and Passports arrived on May 26th. Finally, we landed as permanent residents on May 29th via Rainbow Bridge :D

The journey has surely been difficult and extremely long (2 years!!!) but hang in there. Good times are waiting for us all :)

Thanks to each one of you for helping me throughout. Good Luck!

Last edited:

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi All
Here with a final update! After all that happened in January 2021, I received my 2nd PPR on May 14th 2021.
COPR and Passports arrived on May 26th. Finally, we landed as permanent residents on May 29th via Rainbow Bridge :D

The journey has surely been difficult and extremely long (2 years!!!) but hang in there. Good times are waiting for us all :)

Thanks to each one of you for helping me throughout. Good Luck!
Congratulations.

Reactions: Kiara02