+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,
In my Application assignment in the GCMS notes it is mentioned ' Assigned to - RC 2710 ' . Is that the case for all Montreal applicants and does the due date have any significance at all?

Thanks
No latest finding is that due date is just a system generated date which is set to one month after the assignment by default. It has no bearing on the action taken on your file.

Reactions: Ash_Vish

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
They need biometrics from all, starting december. US locations will need a letter from CIC which will probably add to more delays. Thanks Montreal. If they read this they will probably slow down more :)

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Haven't seen any changes since passing medical exam. My application could be in Montreal too :D :D

I will know for sure end of next month. I am ordering GCMS notes at the end of this month.

Reactions: pathwaytofreedom

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
They need biometrics from all, starting december. US locations will need a letter from CIC which will probably add to more delays. Thanks Montreal. If they read this they will probably slow down more :)
Good catch! i just read about it. We can only hope they process our applications by December, considering it's additional work for them too :)

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Haven't seen any changes since passing medical exam. My application could be in Montreal too :D :D

I will know for sure end of next month. I am ordering GCMS notes at the end of this month.
Have you tried calling CIC yet ? That's how i found out my application is being processed in Montreal.

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I did once but I couldn't talk to the agent. Anyway, it's been just 2 months and change since my AOR. I can wait till end of this month and order GCMS notes.
Sorry just saw your AOR date in your signature. A lot of offices have slowed down on processing applications including Ottawa. Hopefully you hear something soon :)

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry just saw your AOR date in your signature. A lot of offices have slowed down on processing applications including Ottawa. Hopefully you hear something soon :)
Someone told me that they speed up applications towards end of year before december. Hoping that is true, if not it will be next year the way its going. Where did you get the info of offices slowing down?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good catch! i just read about it. We can only hope they process our applications by December, considering it's additional work for them too :)
It may be deliberate as well to have everyone submit biometrics. Anyways if that’s the reason they should just ask for biometrics now and speed up the process. The pace has slowed down a lot. There is no way they are maintaining the 6 month timeline.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Ha ha do join us if you end up being in Montreal. I hope for your sake it’s not true.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I re-read my GCMS notes. Noticed a few more things. @phaneeswar130 & Yash please let me know your observations from the notes

First I see application assignment

From the notes the person doing the assignment is the same person who did my eligibility. My guess is this is where case analyst assigned it to Visa officer's queue? As per the assignment due date is 06 Sep. My notes are dated 04 Sep but as expected nothing seem to have happened in between.

What do you guys see?

Second point. There is a section for Security

Here, it was updated on 3rd July and due date for Security check was set as 02 August but nothing was done!

Not sure ... may be it is because assigned to is blank?

What do you guys see in your notes?

Also, all others have received notes .. especially the ones who may have seen some progress on security please chime in. Thank you!
Hello @cansha Looks like the images you shared are no longer available. However, from what I understand, here is what my notes look like.
My application Assessment section says:
Assigned To: RC-2710
Assigned By: KB11463
Due Date: 2018/08/08

Now looking at Notes section, my Eligibility was "Recommended Pass" by KB11463 on 2018/07/09 and the office is Montreal Immigration.

In the security section, mine also has a blank in the "Assigned To" section. The due date is 2018/08/02 though (30 days from my R10/medical - 2018/07/03).

And here is my guess regarding having a blank in Assigned to section of security. I think it will be assigned at the time when the Sr officer is reviewing eligibility (i.e., when Eligibility is updated from "Recommended Pass" to "Met").

Last edited:
Reactions: Y@$h and cansha

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Oh is it? Usually such changes are applied for new applicants. Are you sure we will also be impacted?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello @cansha Looks like the images you shared are no longer available. However, from what I understand, here is what my notes look like.
My application Assessment section says:
Assigned To: RC-2170
Assigned By: KB11463
Due Date: 2018/08/08

Now looking at Notes section, my Eligibility was "Recommended Pass" by KB11463 on 2018/07/09 and the office is Montreal Immigration.

In the security section, mine also has a blank in the "Assigned To" section. The due date is 2018/08/02 though (30 days from my R10/medical - 2018/07/03).

And here is my guess regarding having a blank in Assigned to section of security. I think it will be assigned at the time when the Sr officer is reviewing eligibility (i.e., when Eligibility is updated from "Recommended Pass" to "Met").
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I was cleaning out images and deleted those by mistake and then I was too lazy to fix it.

Yeah it appears those assigned dates have no real meaning. They seem to be auto populated with a value of a date one month later to the date of operation. I’m contemplating ordering another set of notes or calling them. Ordering notes is much easier. Calling them needs too much energy and patience.

I’ll wait for two weeks and see if any of our April friends hear back from IRCC. I’m hoping for a flood of PPR for April as most will touch 6 month mark in 3 weeks.

Reactions: phaneeswar130