+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Finally the wait is over!!!! Just got my landing interview email from IRCC office.
AOR September 17, 2018. Raised about 4 GCMS notes (stopped counting after a while), so many CSEs and phone calls. And after 286 days and a lot of patience, I got the golden email. Thanks to @cansha for creating this forum and all of you for the support, contributions and listening ears for our venting! It would have been a lot more difficult for me to have seen this through without you!
I am grateful! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours. Will still keep reading the updates.
For everyone still waiting for their PPR. Please don’t be discouraged, there is light at the end of the tunnel...patience pays off!

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Finally the wait is over!!!! Just got my landing interview email from IRCC office.
AOR September 17, 2018. Raised about 4 GCMS notes (stopped counting after a while), so many CSEs and phone calls. And after 286 days and a lot of patience, I got the golden email. Thanks to @cansha for creating this forum and all of you for the support, contributions and listening ears for our venting! It would have been a lot more difficult for me to have seen this through without you!
I am grateful! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours. Will still keep reading the updates.
For everyone still waiting for their PPR. Please don’t be discouraged, there is light at the end of the tunnel...patience pays off!
Heartiest congratulations!! It was a long wait. I'm glad it has come to an end. Wish you all the best for future journey in Canada.

Reactions: HFL2018

ChildofGod77

Mar 9, 2017
Felicitations!

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Sorry I've been MIA I basically got really depressed because my life was literally in limbo.

Finally got my passport request after 11+ months.
I want to thank everyone who was able to answer the numerous questions I had. (@cansha)

My timeline is in my signature but basically my file was in Montreal and from what I saw in my notes the delay in processing could be from my name difference or previous visa refusal in different countries. I plan to order another set of GCMS notes after I receive my passport so I can try and figure out what really caused the long processing time.

Now my new dilemma is I will not be able to take advantage of some pre arrival services because I have less than 2 months to get to Canada unless my medicals were extended.

To those still waiting my advice to you will be to continue living your life especially if you have no reason to believe your application will be rejected (So I don't sound like I'm just pandering, the main reason I couldn't do that is I had to stop working in January and leave the US in April and I couldn't work in the private sector in my field in Nigeria because I hadn't done my mandatory 1 year service and I knew in the back of my mind that even if I started, I wouldn't complete it because it would overlap with me moving to Canada so it was a non-starter)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I want to thank everyone who was able to answer the numerous questions I had. (@cansha)
Congrats buddy!

Sorry I've been MIA I basically got really depressed because my life was literally in limbo.
Each and everyone of us here has been there. It is not easy when you don't know what is happening in long term. It is difficult to plan anything in life.
Glad its over for you. wish you all the best for future life in Canada.

To those still waiting my advice to you will be to continue living your life especially if you have no reason to believe your application will be rejected (So I don't sound like I'm just pandering,
It is a good advise and I know you are not pandering but I also know for anyone who is waiting it is very difficult to continue to live life and not feel in limbo. I have been there and I feel the same way but then I think very few people are able to live their life when everything seems in limbo.

In any case I'm glad that this forum has helped many of us to not feel isolated and share our collective anguish during the process.

I hope wait ends for everyone soon. Have a nice long weekend everyone!

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, Our application is in Montreal VO and ordered for GCMS notes earlier. We haven't received it after 42 days.
Is this normal ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, Our application is in Montreal VO and ordered for GCMS notes earlier. We haven't received it after 42 days.
Is this normal ?
It is kind of normal as many people see delays with GCMS notes. But in many cases if GCMS notes are delayed beyond 45 days they rarely arrive. You can raise a complaint with your GCMS provider but it would be better to order another set.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Congrat
Congratulations !!

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
C

My timeline is in my signature but basically my file was in Montreal and from what I saw in my notes the delay in processing could be from my name difference or previous visa refusal in different countries. I plan to order another set of GCMS notes after I receive my passport so I can try and figure out what really caused the long processing time.

Now my new dilemma is I will not be able to take advantage of some pre arrival services because I have less than 2 months to get to Canada unless my medicals were extended.

To those still waiting my advice to you will be to continue living your life especially if you have no reason to believe your application will be rejected (So I don't sound like I'm just pandering, the main reason I couldn't do that is I had to stop working in January and leave the US in April and I couldn't work in the private sector in my field in Nigeria because I hadn't done my mandatory 1 year service and I knew in the back of my mind that even if I started, I wouldn't complete it because it would overlap with me moving to Canada so it was a non-starter)
congrats !!

Reactions: cougprey

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
It is kind of normal as many people see delays with GCMS notes. But in many cases if GCMS notes are delayed beyond 45 days they rarely arrive. You can raise a complaint with your GCMS provider but it would be better to order another set.
Thank you @cansha , we will request again. We did raise a follow-up request but no response.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
That’s just awful. I still have a few days to go until I receive mine. Did you order through Cic’s ATIP option or did you use a third party?

Is this normal ?

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Guys,

I just called CIC for an update and they told me my file has now moved from Calgary office to Montreal office this week.

Can anyone from the senior members or experts help me understand why the file is moved to a different office but no update or progress.

I would appreciate your reply on this!

Criminality : In progress
Eligibility : Not started
Security : Not started

Category : CEC Inland
AOR : 1st Feb, 2019 (Single applicant)
Got Married : 9th March, 2019
My Medical Passed : 17th March, 2019
IP2 : 18th March, 2019
Notified CIC about Marital Status : 25th March, 2019
ADR from CIC : 28th March, 2019
Submitted Additional Documents : 24th May, 2019
Wifes Medical Passed : 4th June, 2019
Days remaining : 27

Awaiting PPR! :)

Hope everyone gets PPR soon!

Cheers

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Welcome to this thread!

Can anyone from the senior members or experts help me understand why the file is moved to a different office but no update or progress.
Why file moved? ... Because files move around offices depending on work load all the time.
Why no updat? ... Because IRCC doesn't really care about updates. And if you meant why they didn't update you on file move then they never do. Your file may move back to Calgary or to a different office again and they won't tell you that.

Given your AOR and if your file stays in Montreal brace yourself for a long(er) wait. Montreal is still processing Nov / Dec applications from 2018. And based on recent trend it takes a minimum of 7/8 months to process files. It may change in future but for now be prepared to wait till Oct.

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019

Congratulations!

My wait was shorter but i couldn't move on either because i also could not work. Wish you all the best as you move on.

Reactions: cougprey