+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just received an email from cic inviting me to a COPR appointment on July 10 in Vancouver.
My AOR is Jan 20th, 2019 and my local visa office is Montreal.
This looks like a very good timeline for Montreal. May be they are working faster. Has everyone from Nov and Dec heard back from Montreal?

Ravidm92

Nov 25, 2017
I am confused i called in this morning to get the status and the agent told me that my processing office is Vancouver. My GCMS notes display it as Montreal as the primary office.

Anyone else experienced this?
Called like 10 days ago was told VO is Edmonton, Called today agent told me VO is Montreal

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Called like 10 days ago was told VO is Edmonton, Called today agent told me VO is Montreal
Files sometimes can keep bouncing between visa offices. It is not like a physical file is moving. It is all done in system and hardly takes a minute to assign files between one visa office vs the other.

Reactions: Ravidm92

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
This looks like a very good timeline for Montreal. May be they are working faster. Has everyone from Nov and Dec heard back from Montreal?
No still awaiting mine. Dec 4 AOR

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
No updates since December, AOR November 11th

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hi all,

We are moving from the US to Canada very soon on a PR. I wanted to ask if we can bring new, packaged items which are more than 6 months old, without having to pay import duty on them. Also, if there are any helpful tips or suggestions to help with the move like documents required at the port of entry(we will be driving), anything with regards to the household item list and anything to be aware of then please comment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dentist4u

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Received the RFV mail on 6/20/19.
FSW- Outland USA
AOR 1st November 2018
Medicals passed- 1st december
IP1 till last week.
GCMS notes ordered on 4th April- Only R10 was done
Ordered another set on 1st June- Haven't received them as yet
IP2- somewhere last week maybe 17th or 18th June - had stopped checking my CIC account everyday.
Passport Request - June 20th
VO- Montreal
Thank you all especially @cansha for all your help. Hoping everyone gets the good news soon.
Can anyone tell me if photos from CVS are acceptable for the passport request. I checked the measurements are fine.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Received the RFV mail on 6/20/19.
FSW- Outland USA
AOR 1st November 2018
Medicals passed- 1st december
IP1 till last week.
GCMS notes ordered on 4th April- Only R10 was done
Ordered another set on 1st June- Haven't received them as yet
IP2- somewhere last week maybe 17th or 18th June - had stopped checking my CIC account everyday.
Passport Request - June 20th
VO- Montreal
Thank you all especially @cansha for all your help. Hoping everyone gets the good news soon.
Can anyone tell me if photos from CVS are acceptable for the passport request. I checked the measurements are fine.
Heartiest congrats!!

Yes many people have used CVS and it works. Also, when you go for your soft landing you can click pictures in Canada, just in case they get rejected later on for PR card. But, lately number of photo rejections have reduced.

Reactions: dentist4u

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, Our PR application is currently with Montreal... As the work-visa is getting expired, we need to travel back to India while our PR application is in progress.

Can someone confirm what will be the implications of change in country of residence? Would the application move out from Montreal to nearest VO ? Also, wanted to know if this will delay our application further..

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi, Our PR application is currently with Montreal... As the work-visa is getting expired, we need to travel back to India while our PR application is in progress.

Can someone confirm what will be the implications of change in country of residence? Would the application move out from Montreal to nearest VO ? Also, wanted to know if this will delay our application further..
If your canadian work-visa is getting expired, you may be eligible for open work permit (when PR application is in process).

read more : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

dentist4u

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Does anyone know of a thread about steps after Request for passport email? Sent my passports to New York Visa office but don't know how much time does it usually take. They have received it and sent it on to IRCC ,but does that show up on my CIC account?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Did your PPR email talk about sending to NY office? I don't know of a thread but my personal experience with that office for TRV took less than two weeks.

Does anyone know of a thread about steps after Request for passport email? Sent my passports to New York Visa office but don't know how much time does it usually take. They have received it and sent it on to IRCC ,but does that show up on my CIC account?