+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Joeshu

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Aor 10 dec, file was at etobicoke for five months, then for a month at vancouver, now after completion of 6 months my file is transferred to Montreal
Inland ee pnp
Any advice?????

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
I called three weeks ago and they said security in progress, criminality and eligibility passed.
then two weeks ago I saw an update on my application.
today I called again and she said the update that I saw two weeks ago was about my application moving to local office(montreal).
and status is still security in progress, criminality and eligibility passed.

why would it move in the middle of security?!
by the way I live in vancouver so I don't know why she called montreal the local visa office.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I would be happy if that were the case with me. Ottawa seems to be atleast moving files.

Got my second set of notes ordered around the 6th month mark. As expected no one touched my files for all the 4 months it was sitting at Montreal and then redistributed it to Ottawa

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
My file moved from Montreal to Hamilton, ON...

Anybody had that before? How long did it take you guys there? 7 days before my 180 days expire.

Thanks

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Are you an inland?

My file moved from Montreal to Hamilton, ON...

Anybody had that before? How long did it take you guys there? 7 days before my 180 days expire.

Thanks

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
No. Outland. Indian living in the US
Oh ok. Thanks I don't know why the hell our files keep moving around. I am on the same boat as you.

ms_tauruss

May 13, 2019
Can't be

Can't believe i'm just seeing your reply. I feel the same about applying inland, returning home and the uncertainty as well as the things left behind in Canada etc. It's all so convoluted. Congratulations on the work permit approval. I truly hope your application has progressed much further now (if you havent received PPR). There has been movement in my application but i think only PPR can actually solve this anxiety. I've moved to Review Required (due to the expiry of my status in Canada according to the call center agent. He was really kind as well). I received and responded to an ADR for proof of valid status in Canada so i sent my boarding pass, and stamp of entry into my country of residence. My file was also transferred to Edmonton. I'm not sure whether this was before or after the ADR.
I really hope they find a way to speed things up. This delay is too tasking.
Hi @FindingAtm
I really hope your ppr comes soon.
I was on implied status when I submitted my application. I uploaded proof of implied status with my application, I haven't received any ADR. Right now I'm out of status. But I've applied to restore my status to a student.
I don't know if I should be worried that my file might also be RR?
Also did you try to restore your status back? As far as I'm aware, we have 90 days from the expiry if out status to apply for restoration.

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Hi @FindingAtm
I really hope your ppr comes soon.
I was on implied status when I submitted my application. I uploaded proof of implied status with my application, I haven't received any ADR. Right now I'm out of status. But I've applied to restore my status to a student.
I don't know if I should be worried that my file might also be RR?
Also did you try to restore your status back? As far as I'm aware, we have 90 days from the expiry if out status to apply for restoration.
Hi Ms Tauruss,
Thanks. I do appreciate. I hope we both get our PPRs and soon.
When i applied for PR in Nov 2018, i also applied to extend my stay which was expiring in December and i was on implied status from December till February 2019 when the extension was granted. My extension expired in April and i returned to my home country so i did not have to apply for another extension or a restoration.
Going by my scenario, and considering that you are out of status now, you might have RR, but it can be resolved since you have a pending application for restoration. They seem to give RR for anybody nowadays, and for any reason really (Someone commented that they may be using it to be time) so dont bother too much about it. I take it that your initial application for extension was refused hence the restoration application?

What is your AOR and have you called IRCC to find out the status of your application?

ms_tauruss

May 13, 2019
Hi Ms Tauruss,
Thanks. I do appreciate. I hope we both get our PPRs and soon.
When i applied for PR in Nov 2018, i also applied to extend my stay which was expiring in December and i was on implied status from December till February 2019 when the extension was granted. My extension expired in April and i returned to my home country so i did not have to apply for another extension or a restoration.
Going by my scenario, and considering that you are out of status now, you might have RR, but it can be resolved since you have a pending application for restoration. They seem to give RR for anybody nowadays, and for any reason really (Someone commented that they may be using it to be time) so dont bother too much about it. I take it that your initial application for extension was refused hence the restoration application?

What is your AOR and have you called IRCC to find out the status of your application?
Thanks. I appreciate your response. My PGWP was refused bcos I attended a private college.
Yes I have called several times. They keep telling me it's in progress. The first agent said eligibility not started, criminality in progress, and security not started. Called back 2 weeks later and was told Eligibility in progress, background check (criminality & security in progress).AOR is March 3. File was transferred from Sydney to Montreal in May. I have no clue what's going on with my file. I have ordered gcms. Not expecting it until middle of july

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Ye
Thanks. I appreciate your response. My PGWP was refused bcos I attended a private college.
Yes I have called several times. They keep telling me it's in progress. The first agent said eligibility not started, criminality in progress, and security not started. Called back 2 weeks later and was told Eligibility in progress, background check (criminality & security in progress).AOR is March 3. File was transferred from Sydney to Montreal in May. I have no clue what's going on with my file. I have ordered gcms. Not expecting it until middle of july
Yeah. March is still recent for Montreal, but it's good that they've started working on your file. I suggest that you wait for your notes to arrive and then you can see if it says review required and decide what to do from then, but 3 months is still early for a Montreal file to have gained much traction. Yours seems to be doing fine to me. My file was in Montreal for over 3 months and it was not opened at all till it was transferred out. Good luck.

lilherb

Mar 7, 2018
PR UPDATE!!!!!

CEC (India)/PNP-Inland (Ontario) Candidate, CRS - 997, NOC 7246, 2242, IELTS 7.5, Single Applicant, Montreal VO

PNP Application :

EE profile created - 8th Dec 2018
PNP Invitation - 24th Jan
Application submitted/Assessment - 6th Feb
Completeness Check - 19th Feb
Decision in Progress - 27th Feb
Approved/Nomination - 5th March

Total Days - 27

Federal Application :

ITA - 6th March
AOR - 7th March
MEP - 18th April
1st Ghost Update - 19th April (BG check start)
2nd Ghost Update - 13th June (nothing changes, status changed to application updated from submitted, reverts back)
PPR - 19th June

Total Days - 104

Thanks everyone for your love and support.

Reactions: oluwhite

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
PR UPDATE!!!!!

CEC (India)/PNP-Inland (Ontario) Candidate, CRS - 997, NOC 7246, 2242, IELTS 7.5, Single Applicant, Montreal VO

PNP Application :

EE profile created - 8th Dec 2018
PNP Invitation - 24th Jan
Application submitted/Assessment - 6th Feb
Completeness Check - 19th Feb
Decision in Progress - 27th Feb
Approved/Nomination - 5th March

Total Days - 27

Federal Application :

ITA - 6th March
AOR - 7th March
MEP - 18th April
1st Ghost Update - 19th April (BG check start)
2nd Ghost Update - 13th June (nothing changes, status changed to application updated from submitted, reverts back)
PPR - 19th June

Total Days - 104

Thanks everyone for your love and support.
Congrats! This is so damn quick and makes me feel that it wasn't fully processed in Montreal.

Reactions: annevn8