+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

It's being more than 90 days for my AOR, the file is in Montreal and the status is as follows

Mep & Bil - pass & completed
criminality - In progress
eligibility - not started
security - not started

what is the average processing time for USA applicant (Indian National) from montrel?
everyone saying its the slowest center , is this true ?

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Axwell, I also have application put On Hold, reason Information Required. I guess it is just an operational step where the immigration officer decide to put files on hold to wait for cbsa result. It does not mean thing serious, it is just a little longer wait.
My file is also with Montreal. I got remed request but not ppr yet.
Hope this can ease you a bit.
I think there are different categories to put it on hold. Hopefully like you mentioned its an operational step. I also read that it takes 1-3 months now adays for the security to be completed.
I already had my re meds done which is valid till 2020 now .

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
From the gcms notes under ACTIVITY if you have 1-3 or 4 activities blank followed by 4 or 5 activity as Security then it’s likely SS

The blank activities can be seen in the CBSA notes (which is just like GCMS notes but without redaction). They read like this for some applicants

ACTIVITY 1
Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
New Value: Received by CBSA
ACTIVITY 2
New Value: Submit
ACTIVITY 3
New Value: Not Started
ACTIVITY 4
Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security
New Value: In Progress

For other applicants (in advanced stages of SS) it reads like this

ACTIVITY 1
New Value: In Progress by CBSA
ACTIVITY 2
New Value: Received by CBSA
ACTIVITY 3
New Value: Submit
ACTIVITY 4
New Value: Not Started
ACTIVITY 5
Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security
New Value: In Progress
Thanks for sharing this info., it will be useful when i order the CBSA notes, as of now i plan to hold off on ordering it as i read security takes 3 months now and i am already a month and half into it. might as well wait the rest month and half to order to get a better picture.
What category of hold are you in ? as in clearances or verification or information required ?

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hi Guys,

It's being more than 90 days for my AOR, the file is in Montreal and the status is as follows

Mep & Bil - pass & completed
criminality - In progress
eligibility - not started
security - not started

what is the average processing time for USA applicant (Indian National) from montrel?
everyone saying its the slowest center , is this true ?
looking at past trend, usually its 6 to 7 months and slightly more from the date your file was transferred to montreal.
Your criminality is in progress prior to eligibility so i think thats a good thing.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing this info., it will be useful when i order the CBSA notes, as of now i plan to hold off on ordering it as i read security takes 3 months now and i am already a month and half into it. might as well wait the rest month and half to order to get a better picture.
What category of hold are you in ? as in clearances or verification or information required ?
I don’t think you need to order CBSA notes at all. It will not speed up the process if you are under SS. My suggestion just wait it out
I have received my PR. I was in SS for almost 8 months

Reactions: Axwell and annevn8

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys, my file has seen movement and it has now moved out of Montreal to Hamilton office.

I was asked to furnish RCMP end of April and I furnished it within a week. When I was asked for RCMP my background check started.

On May 14th I had a ghost update. I also crossed 6 months on may 7th and went to my local MPs office. The MP office was informed that my application has been approved but setting up landing will take 2 - 6 weeks. If possible they may try to expedite it but they cannot guarantee it.

So keeping fingers crossed that they send it sooner rather than in July.

Although no longer in Montreal but I feel the most affinity to this thread. I think this is the most supportive group on the forum.

Special thanks to @cansha with whom I started off on the wrong foot but I think by the end we have managed to gain mutual respect for each other :D

Now fingers crossed that the landing comes soon.

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
looking at past trend, usually its 6 to 7 months and slightly more from the date your file was transferred to montreal.
Your criminality is in progress prior to eligibility so i think thats a good thing.
thanks for your reply, do you know how long it will going to take in montreal office ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
thanks for your reply, do you know how long it will going to take in montreal office ?
Have you been added to the montreal WhatsApp group yet? I think I gave your number to them.

The group maintains a very good document that has a lot of detail. You can get a lot of answers through that. Unfortunately montreal is very unpredictable but they rarely ever give PPR before 6 months time (from AOR) is up.

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Have you been added to the montreal WhatsApp group yet? I think I gave your number to them.

The group maintains a very good document that has a lot of detail. You can get a lot of answers through that. Unfortunately montreal is very unpredictable but they rarely ever give PPR before 6 months time (from AOR) is up.
Nops, I am not yet added in the WhatsApp Group, Please remind them to add me again !! +1 (862) 200-7087

kyoshyro

May 1, 2019

Please, can you add me as well, +13013286837, Thank you

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
ITA- 20th Feb 2019
AOR- 15th March 2019
ADR- 25th April 2019
MEP- 29th April 2019
VO- Montreal
Nothing has started yet informed by IRCC agent on 16 May 2019.
67 days passed, so worried