+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I called CIC today (AOR June 14th) to see what they did to my application in last 6 months, and what was the ghost update I received on Nov 22nd.
I was told that my file was under additional review (that was the ghost update about), and my eligibility wasn’t yet done.
I asked why I did not receive any ADR, and I was told that they did not need anything from me.
What do u guys think about it? Can I expect an ADR? Do U know how long would it take for them to either clear eligibility or to send me ADR? I’m little worried, any insight will help me.
Don't trust the call center agents fully. They say all kinds of crap most of the time. Order GCMS notes ASAP.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I called CIC today (AOR June 14th) to see what they did to my application in last 6 months, and what was the ghost update I received on Nov 22nd.
I was told that my file was under additional review (that was the ghost update about), and my eligibility wasn’t yet done.
I asked why I did not receive any ADR, and I was told that they did not need anything from me.
What do u guys think about it? Can I expect an ADR? Do U know how long would it take for them to either clear eligibility or to send me ADR? I’m little worried, any insight will help me.
Have you submitted any additional docs via webform pro-actively anytime during the process? Especially after your Elig is marked RP by Case analyst? I'm asking this because they told you they need to do additional review but no docs required from you..!?! Sounds strange. Probably its an excuse to loop your file again into eligibility review.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Have you submitted any additional docs via webform pro-actively? I've heard that if you submit additional proofs after Elig is reviewed, sometimes they use it as an excuse to loop your file again into eligibility review.
I don't think that is true. We have at least 5 cases on this thread alone where proactive document upload actually helped in getting PPR well within 6 month timeline. And in any case when PPR doesn't come in 6 months we can speculate N number of reasons but more often than not the reason is that the file is not being touched.

Montreal was following trend of giving PPR till the last reported PPR for 21 June and suddenly for last three weeks they have gone dark. And I think beyond this Wednesday we should practically forget about hearing anything from them given the Christmas break. So we have two more days to go and hope they wake from their slumber and actually do some work before the break.

Reactions: phaneeswar130

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
“Additional review” that sounds scary. What’s wrong with your eligibility?
I don’t know what’s wrong. My GCMS notes were generated in sep, and as per notes my eligibility was recommended passed on July 9th.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Have you submitted any additional docs via webform pro-actively anytime during the process? Especially after your Elig is marked RP by Case analyst? I'm asking this because they told you they need to do additional review but no docs required from you..!?! Sounds strange. Probably its an excuse to loop your file again into eligibility review.
I haven’t proactively uploaded anything, since my eligibility was recommended passed as per notes. It went to additional review the day I got ghost update (as per the call center agent).

Ryu1

Oct 13, 2018
Yeah my case was similar. I got a ghost update and realized Medicals for my dependant had expired. Status changed from passed to not required

Called and was told to wait that I shouldn’t rush to do a new one until I was told

Same for my ADR, which I already submitted and no change was made from July till end of November after I called them once again.

Also medical status went back to passed

I feel the delay could be in your favour to enable you meet the eligibility that’s stalling your application.

Or as @cansha would say, check gcms notes for probable issues

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I haven’t proactively uploaded anything, since my eligibility was recommended passed as per notes. It went to additional review the day I got ghost update (as per the call center agent).
If this is true, it's probably second case where elig passed moved to review. Totally senseless

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
I just called them since I got ghost update on Nov 30 with no change in cic account whatsoever. The agent confirmed the Elig is Recommended Pass.. I made her check twice (she was friendly and kind) , she confirmed it. She also said Criminal and Security did not begin. I also asked about the Nov 30 ghost update, she said there is no action on the file during that time. She also mentioned, an officer might have opened your file and that might have triggered that email..! :confused:

Ryu1

Oct 13, 2018
I don't think that is true. We have at least 5 cases on this thread alone where proactive document upload actually helped in getting PPR well within 6 month timeline. And in any case when PPR doesn't come in 6 months we can speculate N number of reasons but more often than not the reason is that the file is not being touched.

Montreal was following trend of giving PPR till the last reported PPR for 21 June and suddenly for last three weeks they have gone dark. And I think beyond this Wednesday we should practically forget about hearing anything from them given the Christmas break. So we have two more days to go and hope they wake from their slumber and actually do some work before the break.
I don’t think the last 3weeks were dark for Montreal.
Although my AOR is June 8
But I got the COPR interview invite via email on Dec 5.
And picked it up on the 13

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
St
Not sure about #16 on the list. Other two were active. I think @annevn8 may be travelling as she was planning to go home for Christmas. The other person on the list had reported some ADR 2-3 weeks back.
Hello Cansha,
For me it is still nothing new today ! Second set of note will arrive first of Jan if no delay, then will be able to figure out if I am in ss...

Reactions: cansha

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,
The link i put previously was a wrong link. The correct one is below

So we on the WhatsApp group have decided to put out a petition for Montreal VO as Accra did. The petition can be signed anonymously just in case you fear that it would affect your application adversely. Please kindly take some of your time to sign it.
Thank you!

http://chng.it/ytfWTD7y

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Hello All,

May clarify if I am correct? If someone fail at the final step which is security check, then there is no door to reapply later?
Fail security means Inadmissible?

TIA

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone, please kindly support us to sign this petition to alert IRCC about slow processing of our applications. Please do sign. Though it has a specific VO, it's for the agenda of drawing their attention to the slow processing by VOs

http://chng.it/ytfWTD7y

You can sign anonymously.

Thank you!

Reactions: annevn8