+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Any news for you? We were moved to IP2 same day I think.
Yup, we were . They asked me to get RCMP Fingerprint Verification from Canada. Rushed through all that and hopefully today RCMP post will be dispatched from Ottawa via "Regular ******" Post . So God knows how much time that will take with Canada Post strike that just finished still impact posts.

Reactions: annevn8

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Yup, we were . They asked me to get RCMP Fingerprint Verification from Canada. Rushed through all that and hopefully today RCMP post will be dispatched from Ottawa via "Regular ******" Post . So God knows how much time that will take with Canada Post strike that just finished still impact posts.
That means your background check is almost completed.

Reactions: cansha

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Is it simply a PCC Canada version?

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Hopefully !!! But will take 10 days to update profile with the info and then PPR and then another 3 weeks :) The math is only about number of days addition .. :)
Easy math :)
I wonder why they asked you for that RMCP and not asking me? I am inland too. Do you know why?

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Easy math :)
I wonder why they asked you for that RMCP and not asking me? I am inland too. Do you know why?
I am not inland , in US.
They asked RCMP just for my wife. Mostly coz she has Canadian Visitor Visa rejection 3 years back or so.

Last edited:

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Breaking news...........So I was writing a letter to request for urgent processing of my landing interview since my spouse medical will be expiring in 2 months. On doing so, my colleague asked me to help check for our seminar time. Upon trying to check that, behold the interview appointment email from my local IRCC office.

Guys, I will be landing next week Wednesday............I can't express how delighted I am to just get this done. I will be sharing my landing experience with you all!

I wish everyone waiting for Montreal VO the quickest of positive response, Amen!

It will all end with praise!!!!!
Congratulations @Rijo02

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Got a ghost update at 11:30 AM today. Just now saw another update and background check has now moved to IP2.
Update from me....... called IRCC today and they said my application was approved they day I received the ghost update. So Montreal has maintained their style ......... ghost update followed by status moving to IP2.

Regarding PPR email, the agent said they have sent me a physical PPR mail (not email) and that's why my additional document request status is: "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details" .
when I asked why physical mail and not email, she put put me on hold and then said there is nothing they can do about it since the agent dealing with my case has chosen to communicate with me this way.

Reactions: Y@$h and annevn8

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Update from me....... called IRCC today and they said my application was approved they day I received the ghost update. So Montreal has maintained their style ......... ghost update followed by status moving to IP2.

Regarding PPR email, the agent said they have sent me a physical PPR mail (not email) and that's why my additional document request status is: "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details" .
when I asked why physical mail and not email, she put put me on hold and then said there is nothing they can do about it since the agent dealing with my case has chosen to communicate with me this way.
WTF?? Have they gone completely insane. This is insanity of a different level altogether. What the hell are they up to? Rant over!
Congrats @smcan2014 if they told you file approved then it is approved. But I'm not sure whether to trust the agent or not. I think you should raise CSE.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
WTF?? Have they gone completely insane. This is insanity of a different level altogether. What the hell are they up to? Rant over!
Congrats @smcan2014 if they told you file approved then it is approved. But I'm not sure whether to trust the agent or not. I think you should raise CSE.
I was thinking the same ............ to raise a CSE......... still rattled by the paper PPR thingo_O? Not sure to celebrate or to just keep bidding time

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was thinking the same ............ to raise a CSE......... still rattled by the paper PPR thingo_O? Not sure to celebrate or to just keep bidding time
Even if it is snail mail it should come in next week. I think Canada post was on strike till recently so may be the reason for possible delay. But I think strike is over so you should get the mail soon. So may be hold off till Wednesday and raise CSE Wed eve if you don't get it by then and request for a PPR email.

Reactions: smcan2014