+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal citizenship - any updates?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a way to call the CIC office in Montreal? Sorry if this questions has been answered before.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
apparently not. if you write them letter, they may or they may not respond. this is from my experience. I don't know about other people...

luerov

Jan 15, 2014
Hi, I've taken test on Nov 4 and today I've received a letter with oath scheduled for Jan 22.
Here is my entire timeline:
Application sent: 3-Aug-12
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship): 9-Aug-12
Acknowledgement letter received: 20-Sep-12
We started processing your application: 5-Mar-13
Test taken: 4-Nov-13
Oath scheduled for 22-Jan-14 [letter sent on Jan 8 2014]

Good luck to everyone!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Great, they actually started with the NOVEMBER test takers already.
BTW, just curious if the e-cas got updated today? Do you frequently check your e-cas?

luerov said:
Hi, I've taken test on Nov 4 and today I've received a letter with oath scheduled for Jan 22.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship): 9-Aug-12

Good luck to everyone!

luerov

Jan 15, 2014
e-cas had been updated yesterday (was checking every day for the past 2 months ;) )

farrous13 said:
Congrats. Great, they actually started with the NOVEMBER test takers already.
BTW, just curious if the e-cas got updated today? Do you frequently check your e-cas?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luerov said:

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! Your timeline is almost like mine:

We received your application: 1-Aug-12
Test taken: 27-Nov-13
Oath: waiting

MTLtee

Nov 30, 2013
Congrats Luerov!!!

I had my test on Nov 1st, still haven't heard back from them :(, the wait is very frustrating..

citque

Nov 1, 2013
Just a question for future Quebecers, what is the effect on citizenship application if we choose corresponding language English?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citque said:
Just a question for future Quebecers, what is the effect on citizenship application if we choose corresponding language English?
None whatsoever....the federal government is bilingual and provides services either in English or French and Canadian citizenship is granted by the federal government, Quebec plays no role at all in that business. I did my landing in Montreal in English. I applied for citizenship in April, sent all the documents and forms in English and all the communication between myself and CIC has always been in English, and I live in Montreal.

By the way, if you applied for citizenship then you are a future CANADIAN, you´ll be citizen of Canada, your passport will be issued by the Canadian government. There is no Quebec citizenship, it does not exist and there is no Quebec passport since Quebec is just a Canadian province just like Manitoba or PEI and does not issues its own passports. In legal terms you´ll be a Canadian citizen who happens to live in the province of Quebec.

citque

Nov 1, 2013
FL1040 said:
None whatsoever....the federal government is bilingual and provides services either in English or French and Canadian citizenship is granted by the federal government, Quebec plays no role at all in that business. I did my landing in Montreal in English. I applied for citizenship in April, sent all the documents and forms in English and all the communication between myself and CIC has always been in English, and I live in Montreal.

By the way, if you applied for citizenship then you are a future CANADIAN, you´ll be citizen of Canada, your passport will be issued by the Canadian government. There is no Quebec citizenship, it does not exist and there is no Quebec passport since Quebec is just a Canadian province just like Manitoba or PEI and does not issues its own passports. In legal terms you´ll be a Canadian citizen who happens to live in the province of Quebec.
Thanks FL1040, the reason I am asking this question is that I see all July applicants from Montreal did test but not me (see July applicants posts) , so I looked for differences:
1. I am living in Quebec City, but my local CIC is Montreal
2. family application
3. language

citque

Nov 1, 2013
FL1040 said:

FL1040, I see that you got RQ, do you see English as a reason!!! simply you did not show any interest in staying here!!! it is just a raising of an issue, no offence

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citque said:
FL1040, I see that you got RQ, do you see English as a reason!!!
Not at all, I got a RQ probably because I travelled abroad four times, many people get RQ´s these days, regardless of the language you use when sending the forms or calling CIC

citque said:
! simply you did not show any interest in staying here!!! it is just a raising of an issue, no offence
You don´t even know where I live, or you did not read that I live in Montreal, so the "issue" is completely irrelevant and you cannot say that I show no interest....you seem a bit paranoid (no offence, either) about the language issue, maybe you have lived in Quebec City for too long. I explained to you that CIC, just like any other federal government agency, operates either in English or French, I do not think that is so hard to understand.

Good luck with your application

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did application in English and didn't have any problems. Bilingual staff in Montreal office.

I don't know how it's possible to live in Quebec City without French, so probably you'll be asked about your knowledge of French and how you get by in QC during an interview.

But that's a different question. Just have an explanation why you doing application in English, e.g. you know English better and don't want possible misunderstanding and to miss on any details of the process.

Language preference for an application form and test/interview is not an RQ trigger.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news? I hear some January test takers in Montreal are getting oath invitations now.

I called CIC today and they still don't have oath date for me (2 months after test and my case was approved in December).

I wonder why even ceremony scheduling works so differently.

Very confusing how they place people for events.