+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal citizenship - any updates?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great EasyRider. Very good news.
BTW, quick question, does the CIC in Montreal update the ECAS? Does it happen at any given day and time?

EasyRider said:
So, I called CIC today and they said they had approved my application on 27 Dec (I took test on 27 Nov) and now I'm waiting for invitation to a ceremony.

I suspect sometimes data in GCMS is being updated after some lag after actual event, because I called a week ago and there was no update for me.

When I called I asked a specific question, i.e. if there have been any updates or new notes on file in the last weeks after test until now.

When agent said case was approved, I asked to provide with the date of approval. Forgot to ask if it was CJ's or CIC/grantor's approval (as it can be found from ATIP for electronic files), maybe will get to know it later.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito29 said:
That is really good news!
It is, so maybe it's worth calling them. Technically, case can be returned on review track after CJ's approval, if CIC grantor objects, but that's rare.

I'm not sure if both CJ and grantor approved the case and forgot to ask such a detail, but perhaps I'll find it out later.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Great EasyRider. Very good news.
BTW, quick question, does the CIC in Montreal update the ECAS? Does it happen at any given day and time?
In my experience, I've seen ecas status updated on different days of the week, at daytime and at nighttime, so I didn't notice a pattern.

Case approval won't be reflected in ecas, only test and then invitation to ceremony.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Congratulations EasyRider

EasyRider said:
So, I called CIC today and they said they had approved my application on 27 Dec (I took test on 27 Nov) and now I'm waiting for invitation to a ceremony.

I suspect sometimes data in GCMS is being updated after some lag after actual event, because I called a week ago and there was no update for me.

When I called I asked a specific question, i.e. if there have been any updates or new notes on file in the last weeks after test until now.

When agent said case was approved, I asked to provide with the date of approval. Forgot to ask if it was CJ's or CIC/grantor's approval (as it can be found from ATIP for electronic files), maybe will get to know it later.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hanisaf any updates? I still didn't get my test date. I called the CIC last week and the agent said that my file is still in Montreal and I should be getting the test any day now.

hanisaf said:
Congratulations EasyRider

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Do you know if any other ceremonies scheduled for Montreal for January? Last one on their website is on 17 Jan. How often do they update this site?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
Do you know if any other ceremonies scheduled for Montreal for January? Last one on their website is on 17 Jan. How often do they update this site?
They update the list on Wednesday afternoons usually, but sometimes on Tuesdays.

Seems there won't be new ceremonies in Jan, only in February.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
EasyRider, how do you know that they won't announce more ceremonies for January? Where do you see the Feb ones?tnks

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
EasyRider, how do you know that they won't announce more ceremonies for January? Where do you see the Feb ones?tnks
Because they usually announce them 3 weeks or more in advance, though not always.

It's too late, likely there won't be new ceremonies held in January.

I don't see anything for Feb, probably they'll announce some new ceremonies this week.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New oaths in January, ~1,600+ people:

Address: 5757 avenue Wilderton Montréal, Quebec, H3S 2K8
Date: Wednesday January 22, 2014
Time: 9:45 AM
Open to Public:Yes

Address: 1010 de la Gauchetière Ouest Montréal, Quebec, H3B 2N2
Date: Wednesday January 22, 2014