+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal citizenship - any updates?

MTLtee

Nov 30, 2013
Hello,

Just wanted to reach out to any Montreal applicants who took the test on November 1st or around that date, any news on your oath notice?

Took the test on November 1st and still haven't heard anything (I'm aware it takes 2-4 months but I've read several posts where it took only 1 month)!

Any updates would be appreciated - good luck!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTLtee said:
Just wanted to reach out to any Montreal applicants who took the test on November 1st or around that date, any news on your oath notice?

Took the test on November 1st and still haven't heard anything (I'm aware it takes 2-4 months but I've read several posts where it took only 1 month)!
I think they're done with October test takers for the most part now-- several people received invitations for Jan 2014 ceremonies. Check timelines from my signature.

Nobody of November people has got their invitations yet, but they're supposed to be coming soon, so stay tuned.

I did test end of November, nothing yet.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito29 said:
did my test on nov 21st. still waiting. Maybe the nov test takers will hear something in feb/march..? ::)
I hope sooner. I did test on 27 Nov. What's your timeline?

Markito29

Jan 3, 2014
I think MTLtee would be way ahead of me since her/his test was 20 days before mine..But I will advise in any case.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceremonies list was updated today, but no new ceremonies in January in Montreal.

Most likely the new ceremonies planned will be only in February.

Markito29

Jan 3, 2014
MTLtee have you called to inquire? Some say that the cases are usually approved after a few weeks and are just pending oath scheduling...
Easyrider - thought that the system is updated over night..?.i checked through the day (on tuesdays)in the past only to find out that new ceremonies are posted wednesday a.m. this final step is soooo nervewrecking!! I just want to be done with it already :mad:

Markito29

Jan 3, 2014
Was also curious to see that the ceremony on the 17th is at a hotel. Maybe because they need a larger room to fit more people? ;D