+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Add to that the RQ part, people wait many months more than others because an agent had suspected that they didn't declare all their trips.
Ok fine, i understand that if they have a concern they should absolutetly investigate, but from what i saw once the applicants provided their RQ, it takes months to be reviewed again, it's not because they need months to make a decision, it's because they need months just to pick the application back up from the pile, why months, why don't they continue to process it like other applications, why those extra lengthy delays, especially that in most cases the result is that the applicant was honest.
It’s just f up and unfair....

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I passed the 120 day mark since DM.... no sign of Oath invitation :(
The frustrating thing is every inquiry is met with "we have a one year time line," but I promise you when we pass that we will hear "it is only a general guideline, some applications take longer." I am IN PROCESS for 179 days - no test invite yet. Nineteen+ years in Canada, Trusted Traveler, etc., etc but my SECURITY CLEARANCE is supposedly pending. What a joke.

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
The frustrating thing is every inquiry is met with "we have a one year time line," but I promise you when we pass that we will hear "it is only a general guideline, some applications take longer." I am IN PROCESS for 179 days - no test invite yet. Nineteen+ years in Canada, Trusted Traveler, etc., etc but my SECURITY CLEARANCE is supposedly pending. What a joke.
Wow... you have made my issue seem so trivial my friend, I am s bit saddened for you though....

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
@vancouverbc2013 and all those who have RQ 0520 lite or RQs

from what I see in the RQ forum, people who have submitted full RQs (0205) or QAE in Feb, have started to see DM and oath now, it means it took them an average of 5 to 6 months before their files were touched. Now if the RQ lite would be the same, we should be hearing from them within a month or 2 (assuming the applications for RQs have not dramatically increased).

What I feel from the Montreal is that there were only about 6 or 7 citizenship officers who handle all applications. The routine applications are already taking a lot of time from them, so the RQ to them is like a pain in the ... Each RQ probably is equivalent to at least 5 or even 10 normal application so it is normal that the officers take one RQ in every 10 apps.

This is just my speculations but the waiting time kind of confirms it. I think the best remedy is to check the online status only once every week or every two weeks instead of every day or every hour :D something that I have been unable to do!

Cheer up guys, we can only wait but I promise all of you that sooner or later we will all receive the invitations!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I passed the 120 day mark since DM.... no sign of Oath invitation :(
Did you order ATIP ? you can see if your paper file is in the right pile.

I received ATIP that were generated before oath invitation, my paper file was in Archives RDC - ceremony

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
Add to that the RQ part, people wait many months more than others because an agent had suspected that they didn't declare all their trips.
Ok fine, i understand that if they have a concern they should absolutetly investigate, but from what i saw once the applicants provided their RQ, it takes months to be reviewed again, it's not because they need months to make a decision, it's because they need months just to pick the application back up from the pile, why months, why don't they continue to process it like other applications, why those extra lengthy delays, especially that in most cases the result is that the applicant was honest.
You are absolutely right. They took 3 months to acknowledge the receipt of my application and nothing happened in months, after which they sent me finger print document with reference to section 21 of citizenship act (biographic information). I did the fingerprint and now it is probably sitting somewhere in a shelf for someone to take a look in the next 6 months. I applied in Oct. 2017, got AoR Jan. 20, 2018, started processing in Feb. 20th. how can they keep the 12 months processing time, if they act so slow... I assume by the time I am invited to the test, have DM, and go to ceremony, it would go beyond 12 mon. And like everyone else, the agent on the phone tells me "my file is in normal processing range...."

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
You are absolutely right. They took 3 months to acknowledge the receipt of my application and nothing happened in months, after which they sent me finger print document with reference to section 21 of citizenship act (biographic information). I did the fingerprint and now it is probably sitting somewhere in a shelf for someone to take a look in the next 6 months. I applied in Oct. 2017, got AoR Jan. 20, 2018, started processing in Feb. 20th. how can they keep the 12 months processing time, if they act so slow... I assume by the time I am invited to the test, have DM, and go to ceremony, it would go beyond 12 mon. And like everyone else, the agent on the phone tells me "my file is in normal processing range...."
The funny thing is now they tell you that your are under the normal processing range, you did not reach the 12 months mark.
But if you go beyond the 12 months and you call them, they will tell you: "oh the 12 months is on average, it's case by case and may take longer for some applicants"

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
The funny thing is now they tell you that your are under the normal processing range, you did not reach the 12 months mark.
But if you go beyond the 12 months and you call them, they will tell you: "oh the 12 months is on average, it's case by case and may take longer for some applicants"
You are absolutely right... there are people who applied even in Jan 2018 and already got their ceremony. This is really not first come first service, as they claim :(

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
@vancouverbc2013 and all those who have RQ 0520 lite or RQs

from what I see in the RQ forum, people who have submitted full RQs (0205) or QAE in Feb, have started to see DM and oath now, it means it took them an average of 5 to 6 months before their files were touched. Now if the RQ lite would be the same, we should be hearing from them within a month or 2 (assuming the applications for RQs have not dramatically increased).

What I feel from the Montreal is that there were only about 6 or 7 citizenship officers who handle all applications. The routine applications are already taking a lot of time from them, so the RQ to them is like a pain in the ... Each RQ probably is equivalent to at least 5 or even 10 normal application so it is normal that the officers take one RQ in every 10 apps.

This is just my speculations but the waiting time kind of confirms it. I think the best remedy is to check the online status only once every week or every two weeks instead of every day or every hour :D something that I have been unable to do!

Cheer up guys, we can only wait but I promise all of you that sooner or later we will all receive the invitations!
Thank you so much friend for sharing the information! And yes I completely agree with you... that’s what I realized as well! I have a genuine feeling we would hear something this month..

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I tried Murphy's Law and, needless to say, I lost!
I passed my exam on 12 April, no news since then, application still IP, request GMCS and there were a few "not started", including my residence with 76 entries in the absences form, so I thought it would take a while. Therefore I decided to bite the bullet and apply for the renewal of my PR Card which expires in January, since I cannot really afford to be without a valid PR to leave the country.
I post my application on 30 July, needless to say now my ECAS has turned to Decision Made! Although there are no further notes in my status.

So $70 thrown away, but a good step ahead.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
So i became a canadian today, after all we thank this country that they accepted us and gave us the privilige to be a canadian citizen.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
It is the end of the road for me with IRCC, to say the least their process is nerve wracking, however it is not the end of the road for me on this forum, i will stay here and share my knowledge and experience whenever i have some free time.