+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello, Test passed on February 12th, no decision made still. Atip received yesterday shows residence and prohibition as not started.
Almost 6 months after the test! Don't really understand what logic they use in Montreal Office to process applications!
Did you receive a request for additional info (RQ) or finger prints?

CT18

Jul 27, 2018
Was watching the received delayed "Decision Made", and thought I will be the next any time.
But when I saw on ATIP that Residence and prohibition not started, I lost any hope!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Since we've got nothing better to do but wait (exam passed 12 Apr, no communications since, still IP), I have a few questions on the meaning of ATIP.
What is the difference between Prohibition and Criminality? If I read the application form, virtually all the reasons for prohibition are related to the criminal history of the individual. My Criminality says Passed, Prohibition says "not started".

Also I see I have "not started" for both Residence and Language. I believe Residence is due to my 76 entries in the absence form, but Language I am not sure why it says "not started": I provided copy of my TEFAQ (the original was sent to Quebec for the PR) and certified copy of my Master's Degree Certificate from a British University. The original was shown to the officer during the interview. What else do they need?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Since we've got nothing better to do but wait (exam passed 12 Apr, no communications since, still IP), I have a few questions on the meaning of ATIP.
What is the difference between Prohibition and Criminality? If I read the application form, virtually all the reasons for prohibition are related to the criminal history of the individual. My Criminality says Passed, Prohibition says "not started".

Also I see I have "not started" for both Residence and Language. I believe Residence is due to my 76 entries in the absence form, but Language I am not sure why it says "not started": I provided copy of my TEFAQ (the original was sent to Quebec for the PR) and certified copy of my Master's Degree Certificate from a British University. The original was shown to the officer during the interview. What else do they need?
Prohibition is not one thing, it's everything

Basically to get DM you need to get all of language, residence, criminality and security passed, if at least one of them is still not complete prohibition will stay "not started", once all are complete it will pass from "not started" to "passed"

CT18

Jul 27, 2018
Prohibition is not one thing, it's everything

Basically to get DM you need to get all of language, residence, criminality and security passed, if at least one of them is still not complete prohibition will stay "not started", once all are complete it will pass from "not started" to "passed"
And why do you think after months from the test, one or more of these (residence in my case) is not started?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I don't see any reason except the application is put on a shelf or in a drawer!
No reason i can think of besides an agent not following the routine process, like there is 0 reason why language would be not started after the interview besides an agent not updating the status.

That's why i hate their process, because even though you are sure that you are not treated fairly, there is nothing you can do about it but wait until the officer pick up your file from the shelf

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Add to that the RQ part, people wait many months more than others because an agent had suspected that they didn't declare all their trips.
Ok fine, i understand that if they have a concern they should absolutetly investigate, but from what i saw once the applicants provided their RQ, it takes months to be reviewed again, it's not because they need months to make a decision, it's because they need months just to pick the application back up from the pile, why months, why don't they continue to process it like other applications, why those extra lengthy delays, especially that in most cases the result is that the applicant was honest.

CT18

Jul 27, 2018
Add to that the RQ part, people wait many months more than others because an agent had suspected that they didn't declare all their trips.
Ok fine, i understand that if they have a concern they should absolutetly investigate, but from what i saw once the applicants provided their RQ, it takes months to be reviewed again, it's not because they need months to make a decision, it's because they need months just to pick the application back up from the pile, why months, why don't they continue to process it like other applications, why those extra lengthy delays, especially that in most cases the result is that the applicant was honest.
Agree 100%
But the ugly truth is nothing can be done except waiting!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Agree 100%
But the ugly truth is nothing can be done except waiting!
I have oath thursday and i still feel the frustration ... me and 5 of my friends became eligible in october, we have the same history, came all together at the same time, i have the less travels between all of them
They became canadian months ago while my application was still IP

CT18

Jul 27, 2018
I have oath thursday and i still feel the frustration ... me and 5 of my friends became eligible in october, we have the same history, came all together at the same time, i have the less travels between all of them
They became canadian months ago while my application was still IP
This is definitely not fair.
But at this stage, just put all of this behind and think about and enjoy your coming Oath Ceremony!