Date:
    Thursday May 03, 2018
    Time:
    2:15 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Today I took the oath ,, and I got my citizenship certificate ,, technically I am a Canadian citizen .

And here I am done with these procedures,, I had to withdraw my first application because I arrived late on the test ,, afterwards I re-applied ,, it was a long and boring bureaucratic procedures ,, today I was not excited ,, I wanted to get the piece of paper and get out ,, I did not take even a single pic to me ,, the only thing I am excited about it ,, that I am over it .

I feel I am indebted for this forum members ,, I learned a lot from you guys ,, and I will still have a look from time to time and to give tips if needed based on my limit knowledge

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats bud !
I too was so excited, but IRCC unfairness and opacity made me so frustrated. After the decision was made I have been patiently waiting for the ceremony “to get the piece of paper and get out”. This country is so nice. So sad that boring bureaucracy and unfair procedures take all that magic away!

Today I took the oath ,, and I got my citizenship certificate ,, technically I am a Canadian citizen .

And here I am done with these procedures,, I had to withdraw my first application because I arrived late on the test ,, afterwards I re-applied ,, it was a long and boring bureaucratic procedures ,, today I was not excited ,, I wanted to get the piece of paper and get out ,, I did not take even a single pic to me ,, the only thing I am excited about it ,, that I am over it .

I feel I am indebted for this forum members ,, I learned a lot from you guys ,, and I will still have a look from time to time and to give tips if needed based on my limit knowledge

Last edited:

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012

My congratulations!
Could u pls describe the procedure?
how many people were there, how much time it took etc

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017

Félicitations ! :cool:

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017

congratulations Bro,
I totally understand!!
I am, like many people here, still suffering from the bureaucracy. I think my application is one of the longest in this forum. I applied in June 2017 and only had a decision made end of March!!
I am not as excited as I used to when I first applied. The wait and the feeling of being unfairly treated drains you down. I am NOT looking forward to the ceremony as much as getting this burden over and done with.
Enjoy all the time you now can save by NOT REFRESHING YOUR EMAIL INBOX :)

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
My congratulations!
Could u pls describe the procedure?
how many people were there, how much time it took etc
From entrance security agent will check the invitation letter as well as the PR card ,, and then they divided the 275 invitees on about 10 spots ,, because on ur invitation you will have a seat No. assigned to you ,, so if ur seat No. is 65 ,, you will go to the spot dealing with applicants from 1-80 and so on ,, there CIC agent will take your PR card ,, make you sign ur invitation ,, and you will be invited to sit on ur seat ,, that is ,, you will wait till everyone else checks completed ,, and then the judge will enter to lead the ceremony for the oath and the Canada anthem ,, then they will distribute the citizenship certificates ,, then they will ask people who want to take photos with the judge , I was not interested so you can go

Reactions: LNZ

Kody_j

Mar 19, 2018

congratulations, I agree with you, for many of us this is such a long and unpleasant process that there is no joy at the end, you just want to get rid of it

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Bonjour les montréalais,

J’ai une question concernant les documents à apporter lors de l’examen:
Sur l’avis de convocation, la liste des documents originaux est fourni. Cependant, quelques pages plus loin, il est indiqué d’apporter des copies (?!) sinon, le traitement de notre demande peut être retardé. Jai lu et relu mais je ne vois pas quels documents doivent être photocopiés.

Quelles copies faut il faire? svp

(Que bureau de Montréal nous donne de bonnes nouvelles afin de mettre un peu de soleil à cette journée pluvieuse)

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Bonjour les montréalais,

J’ai une question concernant les documents à apporter lors de l’examen:
Sur l’avis de convocation, la liste des documents originaux est fourni. Cependant, quelques pages plus loin, il est indiqué d’apporter des copies (?!) sinon, le traitement de notre demande peut être retardé. Jai lu et relu mais je ne vois pas quels documents doivent être photocopiés.

Quelles copies faut il faire? svp

(Que bureau de Montréal nous donne de bonnes nouvelles afin de mettre un peu de soleil à cette journée pluvieuse)
Moi j'ai apporté juste les documents originaux avec des pièces d'identités

Reactions: LadyA