+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Months Work Experience for Previous Job - Quick Question

amilad64

Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys,

I've got a quick question concerning work experience, I'm going over my profile with a fine comb because I'm expecting an ITA in this upcoming draw.

I've worked for my previous company from August 11 2014 to July 2 2015, these are the dates listed on my employment verification. This is technically 10 months and 21 days.

Now I've listed Aug 2014 to Jul 2015 on my express entry profile - however, do these 2 days in July warrant a whole month? Should I change it to Jun 2015 to be safe? Or will that be seen as a mismatch with my employment verification letter? I don't want to face any issues when they go over my documents post ITA.

EDIT: I shouldve clarified - I've been working in my current role for almost 3 years (since Nov 2015). This is just regarding my previous job.

Thanks

Last edited:

amilad64

Jun 21, 2018
Any one? Im tempted to just leave it as June and include a letter of explanation. Better to understate it than have it be interpreted as an overstatement am i right?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Is this the only experience in your primary NOC, do you have other experience that is 1 continuous year? In EE profile they only have months field but in PR application they have the full dates, so some people get ITA based on such experience only to be denied later because it is not really 1 year. If you are on the borderline of qualifying under your program or claiming necessary CRS points then you should change it otherwise keeping it as July is fine.

amilad64

Jun 21, 2018
Is this the only experience in your primary NOC, do you have other experience that is 1 continuous year? In EE profile they only have months field but in PR application they have the full dates, so some people get ITA based on such experience only to be denied later because it is not really 1 year. If you are on the borderline of qualifying under your program or claiming necessary CRS points then you should change it otherwise keeping it as July is fine.
Ah I shouldve clarified - I've been working in my current role for almost 3 years (since Nov 2015). This is just regarding my previous job.