+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MONCTON. Best areas to live in for the young family of 3.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
DirectEnergy,
it's South from it. There is a new apartment complex. We'd love to rent there for the first couple of years. It should be enough time for us to get familiar with Moncton and decide where we want to purchase.

As for Riverview, we don't mind if it's quieter. As long as it's close to jobs, French course, crèche and shops, we'll be fine :)

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Lily, what do you mean by crèche? Like a daycare for babies? Here they call it "garderie" in French. I had to google the other word to see what it means. :)
Free French courses, if you are interested in them, are either at NB Community College, Dieppe Campus, or online. I can give you more info if you want. Last year the Center for Francophone immigrants (CAFI, a pretty nice organization) had conversation meetings in French once a week. They were fairly good, but you needed to know at least some basic French.
If you have any questions, let me know. Good luck.

Val1234

Jun 14, 2020
Hi
I'm single woman in my 50s, looking at moving to Moncton with the in the next year, as part of my semi-retirement plan. Riverview and Dieppe appear to be nice areas. I am interested in an area that is surrounded by a diverse demographic base. My plan is to purchase a 2-3 bedroom house, with a basement apartment to provide a stream of rental income. I also have a small Jack Russell Terrier, so love waking him in local parks. I love biking, hiking and kayaking and an artistic community. I'm open to any suggestion or ideas.

bavly

May 14, 2020
DirectEnergy,
it's South from it. There is a new apartment complex. We'd love to rent there for the first couple of years. It should be enough time for us to get familiar with Moncton and decide where we want to purchase.

As for Riverview, we don't mind if it's quieter. As long as it's close to jobs, French course, crèche and shops, we'll be fine :)
hi Lily, it would be great to hear how you've been and where did you finally choose to settle down in Moncton and your feedback

Reactions: amyung