May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
sidy said:
Hello,
I also applied on June 13th from inside Canada.(Did not receive any personnalised document request as of now) But my "Fiche d' accompagnement" says my territory(Territoire de traitement) is in Africa but i applied from inside Canada. Does anyone applied from Inside Canada and received as "territoire de traitement" the place that he or she is originally from ?
Thank you
It's very strange to see your territory is not Canada.

sidy

Oct 8, 2015
Hello
Do you have some suggestions as of what i should do?
It is probably a mistake (not sure).
I called them several times and i keep getting different responses from different agents. I am not really sure what to do. Do you think it will affect the delay for the treatment?
Thank you

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sidy said:
Hello
Do you have some suggestions as of what i should do?
It is probably a mistake (not sure).
I called them several times and i keep getting different responses from different agents. I am not really sure what to do. Do you think it will affect the delay for the treatment?
Thank you
You should tell them your territory is wrong andthey should update it ASAP. You can also visit them it they allow to clear ambiguity.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi dear friends,
Looks like Mon Projet has started to send conversation letters to the applicants. I got my as email yesterday. if anyone have received this message too. Do share your feedback on it.

Mrs,
Sir,

We have received your application for the Québec Selection Certificate, as well as your payment, within the prescribed deadlines.

Please note that we expect to begin processing applications received online in the spring of 2017.

We will contact you via My Quebec Project only when we process your request and, if necessary, we will send you a personalized list of the documents to be sent to us. Examination of your application will begin once we receive these documents.

In order to let you know the main stages of processing an online application, we invite you to consult the page Steps and average processing times of an application for a Quebec Selection Certificate online.

Please accept our greetings.

The Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion

Dhillon870

Dec 18, 2016
Hi seniors i need some help please. I have b.tech in electronics and communication and having 2 years of experience as a lecturer in a private college.
My question is lecturers are eligible for quebec program or not?

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello, if I will submit once intake is opened and midi found out that I overclaim points due to wrong equivalency of education, would I be able to get the refund?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
snickers_21 said:
Hello, if I will submit once intake is opened and midi found out that I overclaim points due to wrong equivalency of education, would I be able to get the refund?
Application will be rejected without fees refund.

quebec8899

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
vickyRocks said:
I myslef has a bachelor degree in commerce and MBA degree in Finance from Pakistan. You will get 10 points for your education and 6 points for your AOT..
Hope this helps.
No, according to the 2015 list of occupations, MBAs in Finance are to get 12 points in AOT as (Banking and Financial Services) is with 12 marks. Seniors, please confirm!

Jan 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I need your help somebody told me that if we are studying in Ontario we could apply to Quebec Mon Project? Is it true.

If yes, then how the ties in Quebec compared to Ontario?

Thanks,

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
immidration250 said:
Hi guys,

I need your help somebody told me that if we are studying in Ontario we could apply to Quebec Mon Project? Is it true.

If yes, then how the ties in Quebec compared to Ontario?

Thanks,
If you are living in Canada you can apply for any program you like but the best thing is to apply for PNP of that province in which you reside. If you are living in Ontario and want to apply to Quebec it will raise concerns for immigration departments.

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Hello,
I applied for Quebec Aug-2016 intake under NOC-2173.
I put my NOC “2173 - Software engineers and designers” when I submitted my application. But later on, I came to know that NOC “2283 - Information systems testing technicians” is more appropriate with my job responsibility.

Q1: Can I change my NOC when application is available to modify?
Q2: Will Quebec ask me question If I change my NOC later?

Bachelor: Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Job experience: Test Engineer, Test lead and Deputy Test Manager

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2283&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2173&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

TIA.

preet3333

Feb 13, 2017
Hello everyone.

Please give me advice. How can i apply for Quebec skilled working program. All agents are advised that i am eligible for QSW. But i am little confused about my qualification.

My Queries are:-

1. I have bachelor Degree of Arts (B.A) from Delhi University but not "regular" its Correspondence. Is valid by WEC or not.

2. I have done MBA (Diploma-2 years) by Symbiosis Distance Learning not "regular" . valid by WEC or not.

3. My Ielts band is 5.5 Overall. Is i am eligible.

4. I have 5 years exp in BPO as a Human Resource and 3 years exp in Process Associate.

5. According to agents Quebec skilled working program want 49 points as a single. If my points is not more then 49, it is 49....So Should i take the risk to apply or not???

Please advice me its very important for me

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hi guys,
Anyone have any update on the processing of files?? we are expecting processing from 15 July...pl share.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Notice – Class action against the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
On February 19, 2018, the Superior Court authorized a class action against the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) for regulatory changes that came into effect on August 1, 2013 and March 8, 2017. In order to respect the terms of Superior Court’s of Quebec judgment, the Ministère is issuing the following notice:

CLASS ACTION AGAINST THE MINISTRY OF IMMIGRATION,
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVENESS OF QUEBEC (THE “MIDI”)
C.C.M. 500-06-000660-130
NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION AUTHORIZATION

Read this notice carefully as it may affect your legal rights.

If you applied to immigrate to Québec in the “skilled worker” class between 2009 and March 2017, you may be a member of the class action that was authorized by Justice Pepita Capriolo of the Superior Court of Québec on February 19, 2018 for the following groups of persons (the “Class Members”):

Group 1

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category prior to July 8, 2013:

Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of August 1, 2013;
Whose application included form A-1520-AA or A-1520-AF containing the phrase “Your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted” or similar language; and
Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of August 1, 2013 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer accumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.

Group 2

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category prior to July 8, 2013:

Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of August 1, 2013; and
Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of the 1, 2013 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer cumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.

Group 3

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category:

Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of March 8, 2017; and
Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of the March 8, 2017 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer cumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.

Purpose of this notice
On August 23, 2016, Rahim (the "Class Representative") instituted proceedings in the Superior Court of Quebec (the "Court") seeking permission to bring a class action against the Minister on behalf of the Class (the "Application for Authorization"). On May 16, 2017, the Application for Authorization was amended to add Rhia Basnet as Class Representative for Group 3.

The Application for Authorization alleges that the Minister was unjustly enriched, acted in bad faith and abused her rights contrary to the provisions of the Civil Code of Québec by failing to offer a reimbursement of application fees paid by those individuals whose CSQ applications became doomed to fail as a result of the application of August 1, 2013 and March 8, 2017 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2. Mr. Rahim and Ms. Basnet seek reimbursement of application fees for all Class Members.

On February 19, 2018, the Court authorized the Class Representatives to institute a class action in the judicial District of Montreal on behalf of the Class Members, and identified the following principal issues to be dealt with collectively:

(a) Should the Minister be condemned to reimburse the fees collected for the applications of the Group Members who do not opt out of the proposed class action?
And, in particular:

(b) Were the Group Members impoverished, and the Minister enriched, in the amount of the application fees paid, the whole without juridical reason?
(c) What is the amount of the Group Members' impoverishment and the Minister's enrichment?
(d) Alternately. did the Minister commit an extra-contractual fault and act in bad faith?
I. If so, what is the amount of damages suffered by the Group Members as a direct result of the Minister's faults?
(e) In all cases, can the aggregate amount of the fees to be reimbursed be awarded on a collective basis?
The conclusions sought in relation to these questions are as follows:

I. GRANT the Petitioners' action a against Respondent;
II. CONDEMN the Respondent to pay to each Group Member who have not opted out of the class action an amount equivalent to the fees paid for their applications for a selection certificate in the skilled worker category filed prior to July 8, 2013, or the fees paid for applications doomed to failure by the 2017 amendments;
III. ORDER the collective recovery of all amounts to be paid by the Respondent to the Group Members;
THE WHOLE with costs, including the costs of publication of notices.

Opting out of the class action
If you wish to remain a Class Member in the class action, you have nothing to do.

If you wish to opt out of the class action, you must advise the clerk of the Superior Court for the District of Montreal within 60 days of receiving this notice by registered mail to 1 Notre-Dame Street East, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 1B6. If you elect to opt out, you will not be eligible for any of the benefits of an eventual judgment on the merits.

Any Class Member who does not opt out before the deadline will be bound by Judgments to follow in the class action, including any final judgment on the merits.

This means that if the action against the Minister is ultimately successful. you may be entitled to reimbursement of the fees you paid to file an application for a CSQ. If the action against the Minister is unsuccessful, you will not be able to bring or maintain your own individual claim against the Minister in relation to the matters alleged in these proceedings.

All class members have the right to seek intervenor status in the class action. However, no class member other than the representative plaintiffs or an intervenor may be required to pay legal costs arising from the class action.

Additional information and questions
For any questions concerning the Authorization Order and the process that will follow, please communicate with the Class Representative's counsel:

Me Olga Redko
oredko@imk.ca
IMK LLP
3500 De Maisonneuve Boulevard West
Suite 1400
Montréal, Québec H3Z 3C1
T: 514 934-7742 | F: 514 935-2999