+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Projet Eligibility Calculations and General Questions

marcoseleite

Aug 16, 2016
Hi!
I found this information in MPQ site:
Will I be able to modify my online application once it has been submitted?
After you submit your application, you will receive a message in your mailbox informing you of when it will be possible for you to modify your application online.
Upon receipt of this message, you will be able to:
add or remove a spouse or dependent child;
add new information on your stay in Québec;
add one or more language tests;
modify information on the members of your family residing in Québec.
If you are informed that your application is not being processed, you can return to your account at any time to update your form.

My doubt is: If I go to Canada to study french 3 months, can I add this new information about my stay in Québec after to submit my application to MPQ? 5 points will be added in my dossier?

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Alexad said:
Hi Vicky , I am the Principal .
I'm afraid zero points! ??? ???

afardila327

Jul 21, 2016
Hi, I have a question, how should I count my work experience. I have worked for 2 years in a full job 48 hours per week. I understand that a full job in canada means 30 hours per week, the other 18 hours count? Thank you!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
How Quebec assesses the branch/major of our degree? Do they go by the title of the branch (like computer science) or do their own evaluation? I have a degree that is basically a combination of computer science and digital media. The degree is called as electronic media. Is it possible to get the courses evaluated in some way so that I can get points for my area of study and work (working in IT). I understand that WES just provides a Canadian equivalent report for the type of degree (bachelor or master etc.).

Thanks.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
afardila327 said:
Hi, I have a question, how should I count my work experience. I have worked for 2 years in a full job 48 hours per week. I understand that a full job in canada means 30 hours per week, the other 18 hours count? Thank you!
No other 18 hrs/week do not count.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
DEEPCUR said:
How Quebec assesses the branch/major of our degree? Do they go by the title of the branch (like computer science) or do their own evaluation? I have a degree that is basically a combination of computer science and digital media. The degree is called as electronic media. Is it possible to get the courses evaluated in some way so that I can get points for my area of study and work (working in IT). I understand that WES just provides a Canadian equivalent report for the type of degree (bachelor or master etc.).

Thanks.
MIDI asks for details of courses covered in each degree and I guess they use this information to find out if Education Area points you are claiming matches with courses you have covered in your education.

"Tous les relevés de notes délivrés par l'établissement d'enseignement correspondant aux diplômes mentionnés ci-dessous, pour chacune des années d'études ayant mené à l'obtention de ces diplômes.
Si les titres des cours ne sont pas mentionnés sur les relevés de notes, vous devez aussi fournir la liste des cours du programme d'études que vous avez suivi."

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
APPNOV2014NY said:
MIDI asks for details of courses covered in each degree and I guess they use this information to find out if Education Area points you are claiming matches with courses you have covered in your education.

"Tous les relevés de notes délivrés par l'établissement d'enseignement correspondant aux diplômes mentionnés ci-dessous, pour chacune des années d'études ayant mené à l'obtention de ces diplômes.
Si les titres des cours ne sont pas mentionnés sur les relevés de notes, vous devez aussi fournir la liste des cours du programme d'études que vous avez suivi."
I don't think it's possible to provide detail of the course/degree that u have covered in previous as the course keeps on updating. The only thing they can see is the name of the course mentioned in the transcripts.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:

Thank you. So I have plenty of courses in computers and programming, say 50-60% of my entire coursework and as I mentioned earlier, I work in IT industry. So will I be able to claim points for my education (degree with computer major) as well as for my area of training?

I had one reputed education evaluation firm in US evaluate my degree (for US immigration purposes) as dual major with computers and digital media. They did an in-depth assessment course by course. I understand that the evaluation won't work for Quebec, but could that be taken as a pointer for my course to be looked at the same way by Quebec.

And also, will we have a way to sort this out beforehand, such as, sending out a query to some team in Quebec immigration, so that they don't reject my application at a later point of time.

magneva

Sep 18, 2016
I made a refugee claim in QC and stayed there for 3 yes while awaiting my court date, does that time count towards "sejours au quebec" ? If yes, how many points will I get?
Thanks

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
magneva said:
I made a refugee claim in QC and stayed there for 3 yes while awaiting my court date, does that time count towards "sejours au quebec" ? If yes, how many points will I get?
Thanks
I guess 2 points.

pratap singh

Feb 18, 2013
I applied for Quebec immigration my degree is Bachelors in Business Administration(BBA)(3 years)finished 2009 also have related exp and completed MBA(Marketing)(2 years) in June 2016 sent it

total years of education is 17 years, both are Indian degrees

I am just wondering how many points they will give for education?10 or 12 points?

and also for AOT is they will give pts for BBA or MBA(Marketing) where as BBA is in 6 pts and MBA(Marketing) in 12 pts list

but in AOT list Marketing in bachelors list in 12 pts so is they will give pts for my MBA(Marketing) ?

plz suggest me

thx

mamijuri

Aug 29, 2016
Hi. I am looking at the List of Area of Training but I couldn't find the right one for my spouse. He has a 1 year Diploma in Dental Laboratory Technician. Can you please help me identify if he is entitled for any points? I am the principal applicant, by the way.
Thank you in advance for your help..

sidy

Oct 8, 2015
Hello,
I also applied on June 13th from inside Canada.(Did not receive any personnalised document request as of now) But my "Fiche d' accompagnement" says my territory(Territoire de traitement) is in Africa but i applied from inside Canada. Does anyone applied from Inside Canada and received as "territoire de traitement" the place that he or she is originally from ?
Thank you