Mobile App to check draws (iOS)

Aust-Canada

Mar 18, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've just updated to the latest version and tried out the CRS calculator. Its great. So much simpler than other online calculators and very easy to see how changes can potentially affect your score.

Its probably best suited for users that understand the CRS system, as anyone new to it would probably struggle to work out which option to select in some of the fields.

One question I have is around the source of data for the draws. I did notice that while checking the app for any updates around the time of the 7th draw that it didn't show up for a while. I was able to view it on the CIC website and then in this forum before the app updated. Would be great if I could keep refreshing the app page around draw time to get the news first!

Not sure if this is possible??

Great work on the app - very helpful.

aksgajjar

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
9th March 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Eagerly waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Eagerly waiting...
LANDED..........
Very much happy that day
aksgajjar@yahoo.com

Nighthare

Apr 1, 2015
Aust-Canada said:
I've just updated to the latest version and tried out the CRS calculator. Its great. So much simpler than other online calculators and very easy to see how changes can potentially affect your score.

Its probably best suited for users that understand the CRS system, as anyone new to it would probably struggle to work out which option to select in some of the fields.

One question I have is around the source of data for the draws. I did notice that while checking the app for any updates around the time of the 7th draw that it didn't show up for a while. I was able to view it on the CIC website and then in this forum before the app updated. Would be great if I could keep refreshing the app page around draw time to get the news first!

Not sure if this is possible??

Great work on the app - very helpful.
Thank you, Aust-Canda for your feedback! There was a defect in the application with the refresh functionality (wasn't functioning properly in most cases), currently it's fixed (in build 4) and refresh should work in real time in a new version (no caching, results will be obtained as soon they are available). The fix and other improvements will be available today.

krunalchauhan said:
send me link by email on info @ refre*censored word*solutions.com
krunalchauhan, it looks like your email was censored, you could try to send the email as a private message.

Anyone interested in testing the app, you are welcome! (you need to have iOS 8 to install app)

sivamind

Mar 14, 2015
Hi Nighthare,

Appreciate the good work.

I have few comments & suggestions on the app
1. For language, the input was already in CLB. In that case, no point of having IELTS & TOEFL on that screen.
2. Whether you choose First Language or Second Language on the main screen, the sub screen showing as First Language.
3. For choosing an option from the list (for any field), if want to choose the default selection, unable to do so. Currently need to scroll to others and then choose back the required.
4. Overall CLB does not help anyway in CRS. Only individual CLB's has value.
5. It would be better if have option to Reset or Clear the values. Otherwise can have empty option in the list.
6. It would be better to have the FSW points as well apart from CRS score. FSW points is more important than CRS score. Better to combine both on the same screen.

Sorry if i had listed many.

Thanks.

meval

Feb 9, 2015
Nighthare said:
Hi there,

I have build a small mobile app to check express entry draws, it will be available in test mode on iPhone/iPad (via test flight). If somebody is interested send me your email and I will send an invitation, so you can use it.
harvirkaur@gmail.com

Nighthare

Apr 1, 2015
sivamind said:
Hi Nighthare,

Appreciate the good work.

I have few comments & suggestions on the app
1. For language, the input was already in CLB. In that case, no point of having IELTS & TOEFL on that screen.
2. Whether you choose First Language or Second Language on the main screen, the sub screen showing as First Language.
3. For choosing an option from the list (for any field), if want to choose the default selection, unable to do so. Currently need to scroll to others and then choose back the required.
4. Overall CLB does not help anyway in CRS. Only individual CLB's has value.
5. It would be better if have option to Reset or Clear the values. Otherwise can have empty option in the list.
6. It would be better to have the FSW points as well apart from CRS score. FSW points is more important than CRS score. Better to combine both on the same screen.

Sorry if i had listed many.

Thanks.
Hi Sivamind

Thanks for the feedback, stay tuned, some items will be supported in the next build. For number 4. Overall CLB is more requirement for FSW/CEC (at least CLB7 in some cases), so probably it can be extended/explained later. But thanks for mentioning it!

Now application supports all devices running iOS7 and iOS8. If you have iOS7 mention it in the invite request (as it will be distributed using Crashlytics Beta, not apple's TestFlight).

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
hi, mine is hua_amote@outlook.com

Thanks

sivamind

Mar 14, 2015
Nighthare said:
Hi Sivamind

Thanks for the feedback, stay tuned, some items will be supported in the next build. For number 4. Overall CLB is more requirement for FSW/CEC (at least CLB7 in some cases), so probably it can be extended/explained later. But thanks for mentioning it!

Now application supports all devices running iOS7 and iOS8. If you have iOS7 mention it in the invite request (as it will be distributed using Crashlytics Beta, not apple's TestFlight).
Thanks. I use IOS8.

narendrabj

Apr 20, 2015
Nighthare said:
Hi there,

I have build a small mobile app to check express entry draws, it will be available in test mode on iPhone/iPad (via test flight). If somebody is interested send me your email and I will send an invitation, so you can use it.
Hi Please send the app and installation instructions to my email ID: narendrabj@gmail.com
Thanks and Regards