+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on Physical Presence Calculator

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Why not to see the judge, I had done the citizenship test and the fingerprints and passed a year from applying.
Because you already know what the judge will tell you, which is that the Citizenship Act doesn't allow you to become a citizen.
It's obviously your choice, but you have no idea when you'll be seeing that judge, and it may not take place in 2024...
There is no guarantee how fast your 2nd application will go, it may take 3 months or 2 years, we can't say, depends on luck, but what's for sure is that the clock only starts ticking the day you apply, so why add the time to see the judge, which is probably also unknown, to that processing time?
Obviously, if you've already been given a date with the citizenship judge in the next few weeks, going to the appointment won't change much timeline wise, but if not, it's just not worth the (potentially very long) wait.

Reactions: dpenabill

Ali Amadani

Jan 19, 2024
Hi, I can help answer as I just went through this process. I was short 3 days and I ended up withdrawing because waiting was pretty much a waste of time. I submitted my withdrawal via IRCC webform and immediately reapplied the same day. I DID NOT wait for the withdrawal confirmation and you don't have to wait as the agent will see both applications when they visit your file. They will see the request to cancel the previous one. This won't affect the processing of your new application. Once I reapplied my application took 2.5 months in total and I became a citizen a month ago. The newer applications are moving faster so you might be lucky. Goodluck.

Ali Amadani

Jan 19, 2024
Thanx for sharing your experience, so when did you receive the withdrawal confirmation !
Some they advise to wait if I couldn’t understand

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Thanx for sharing your experience, so when did you receive the withdrawal confirmation !
Some they advise to wait if I couldn’t understand
Hi
I withdrew my application on 9th jan and applied the same day, i got withdrawal confirmation on 12th jan, it took only 4 days

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Its online by filling out a form, google it

Reactions: Ali Amadani

mrbisondrive

Feb 11, 2024
Hi all,
Im in the same boat as most people above. From reading this thread I now know withdrawing is the best way forward. As for my withdrawal I want to re-apply right away. Should I wait for the confirmation of withdrawal or can I re-apply the same day?

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Hi all,
Im in the same boat as most people above. From reading this thread I now know withdrawing is the best way forward. As for my withdrawal I want to re-apply right away. Should I wait for the confirmation of withdrawal or can I re-apply the same day?
I reapplied right away as suggest by others in this group, i withdrew on 9th jan and also applied on 9th jan , got withdrawal confirmation on 16th jan and got aor for new application on 25th jan

Johnn smith

Jan 31, 2024
I reapplied right away as suggest by others in this group, i withdrew on 9th jan and also applied on 9th jan , got withdrawal confirmation on 16th jan and got aor for new application on 25th jan
Did you use the same email address when reapplying ? It has been 2 weeks since i submitted my withdraw, When i try to reapply the system tells me that that email is used by another account. Do i have to create a new email. How did you proceed with yours. Thanks alot

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Yes same email address, my first application was paper this one was online,but system had no issues , my went out right away

Johnn smith

Jan 31, 2024
Sorry to hear that, had an interview last week telling me that I have miscalculation 3 days the thing is after a year from apply and after I got my citizenship test done and fingerprints, should I forward my application to a judge or start a new application !
Better to submit a withdraw and reapply because I am in the same situation like you. i have completed citizenship, BG after a careful review on the citizenship requirement. its nearly to impossible to get a waiver of physical presence days. am waiting for my withdrawal to be approved then i can submit a new one.

Johnn smith

Jan 31, 2024
Hi, I can help answer as I just went through this process. I was short 3 days and I ended up withdrawing because waiting was pretty much a waste of time. I submitted my withdrawal via IRCC webform and immediately reapplied the same day. I DID NOT wait for the withdrawal confirmation and you don't have to wait as the agent will see both applications when they visit your file. They will see the request to cancel the previous one. This won't affect the processing of your new application. Once I reapplied my application took 2.5 months in total and I became a citizen a month ago. The newer applications are moving faster so you might be lucky. Goodluck.
Did you reapply in the same way as the initial application (online or paper). I am in the same situation, I wanted to reapply but the system doesn’t allow me saying that my email is associated with another application. I want to know if i have to do a paper submission because the first one was online application.