+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on IMM008 - non-accompanying child

TamsUp

Nov 2, 2018
We misunderstood the definition of dependent and didn't include the non-accompanying child in IMM008, nor did we include the birth certificate and ID. We did include the information on the family declaration, however.

My husband does not have custody of the child and no responsibility of the child so we didn't consider that the child would still be a dependent.

What should we expect to happen now?
Application has been submitted, waiting for AOR1

TIA

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
when you receive AOR.....update the forms and include the child as a non-accompanying dependent so the PA may be able to sponsor the child in future and also avoid any misrepresentation.....the updated forms and child birth certificate could be sent through IRCC webform to your visa office....non-accompanying dependent are also required to complete medical exam.....if the PA cannot get the non-accompanying dependent to complete medical, etc, the PA may waive the privilege to sponsor the child in the future......when you contact IRCC include a note to explain.....and also include any proof if difficulty to get non-accompanying dependent from the other parent to complete medical, etc.

Last edited:

TamsUp

Nov 2, 2018
when you receive AOR.....update the forms and include the child as a non-accompanying dependent so the PA may be able to sponsor the child in future and also avoid any misrepresentation.....the updated forms and child birth certificate could be sent through IRCC webform to your visa office....non-accompanying dependent are also required to complete medical exam.....if the PA cannot obtain the other parent consent for medical, etc, the PA may waive the privilege to sponsor the child in the future......when you contact IRCC include a note to explain.....and also include any proof if difficulty to get consent from the other parent.
This is helpful, thank you!
I wasn't aware that documents could be uploaded once the application was linked!

abmontelongo

Jan 18, 2021
Hi
you guys have new about this topic ?

I m passing for the same situation i have problems to get the medical of my child , my exwife isnot cooperative