+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on application, please advise. Letter to immigration?

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Hi everyone
Please excuse my flood of posts but I am freaking out and am in need of some advice. I made an honest mistake on an application and left out a job I did overseas, it was only a month. Please see this letter I am considering sending to immigration, if anyone has anyone ideas please advise ....

Dear visa office
After reviewing a copy of my PR card renewal application that had already been sent I realized a mistake was made. During my visit to Al Ain from March 9, 2012 - August 6,2012 it states the purpose was "visiting family" it should have stated "visiting family/working" before I left al Ain I took a job at a hotel from June 20, 2012 - July 30, 2012. The day's outside of Canada remain the same as stated on my original application. This also should have been added under work and education history. Please accept my apologies for this honest mistake.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still it is better to own up to the mistake and correct it rather than risk that immigration somehow finds out about it. Sure it might delay your application by a little but you will have a clear conscience.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Thanks Leon, I will definitely send it. Do you think this is a reason for the application to be denied/ get deported ? The Ro days are definitely met

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelsey199200 said:
Thanks Leon, I will definitely send it. Do you think this is a reason for the application to be denied/ get deported ? The Ro days are definitely met
No, I think it's a small mistake that would not really have mattered for your application but always better to get your facts straight.