+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MISTAKE: I sent my passport to CPCO in Laurier West instead of the CPC PO box

rozmiran

Oct 27, 2019
Hi. Due to my excitement of getting my passport request for my PR, I made an error and sent it to CPCO – PR VISA, US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports in 365 Laurier Av. West instead of the CPC – Ottawa – PR PO Box 8781 (since my return address is in Canada).

It arrived in Laurier West Oct 10 but I only realized my mistake a week ago. I have called immigration and they advised me to fax Laurier W which I did but still haven’t gotten a response. I also sent CPC Ottawa two emails about my error to see if what I can do about it.

I’ve seen here that others have made this mistake before but I haven’t seen any updates if they got their passports back or if it worked out okay for them. I’m just a little worried since this is a passport.

Hope someone can ease my mind about this! Thanks!

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Hi. Due to my excitement of getting my passport request for my PR, I made an error and sent it to CPCO – PR VISA, US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports in 365 Laurier Av. West instead of the CPC – Ottawa – PR PO Box 8781 (since my return address is in Canada).

It arrived in Laurier West Oct 10 but I only realized my mistake a week ago. I have called immigration and they advised me to fax Laurier W which I did but still haven’t gotten a response. I also sent CPC Ottawa two emails about my error to see if what I can do about it.

I’ve seen here that others have made this mistake before but I haven’t seen any updates if they got their passports back or if it worked out okay for them. I’m just a little worried since this is a passport.

Hi, have you gotten your passport back?

jeffofmn

Sep 18, 2019
I also made a mistake of sending mine to a wrong address. Instead of 365 Laurier Ave W it was 360 Laurier Ave W.
But by some miracle Fedex still delivered it to the right place (Stevenage Dr address, where the mail room for CPC Ottawa). And I sent mine from the US so imagine what kind of panic I had. So I think you should be okay. It one big processing center.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015

Hello, can you tell me how did it go at the end ?