+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missrepsentation & inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years

sibrage

May 10, 2024
I applied for a Canada Visitor Visa upon receiving an invitation from my paternal cousin. She provided all necessary documentation, including bank statements and citizenship card. In addition, I submitted my own bank statements from both my USD account with UNFCU bank and my PKR account with a Pakistani bank, along with an employer letter, salary slips, property documents, car ownership details to demonstrate strong ties in Pakistan, and comprehensive family information. Despite promptly responding to a request for further information by providing a bank letter for the PKR account and verified statements for the USD account, I was disappointed to receive a refusal citing misrepresentation and inadmissibility to Canada for a five-year period. It is important to note that my travel history is extensive due to my employment with a highly reputable international organization. Please suggest can i appeal in this case or please refer me to some IRCC documents where there is a way forward for this to uplift the ban at least

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a Canada Visitor Visa upon receiving an invitation from my paternal cousin. She provided all necessary documentation, including bank statements and citizenship card. In addition, I submitted my own bank statements from both my USD account with UNFCU bank and my PKR account with a Pakistani bank, along with an employer letter, salary slips, property documents, car ownership details to demonstrate strong ties in Pakistan, and comprehensive family information. Despite promptly responding to a request for further information by providing a bank letter for the PKR account and verified statements for the USD account, I was disappointed to receive a refusal citing misrepresentation and inadmissibility to Canada for a five-year period. It is important to note that my travel history is extensive due to my employment with a highly reputable international organization. Please suggest can i appeal in this case or please refer me to some IRCC documents where there is a way forward for this to uplift the ban at least
If you have a 5 year ban then you need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer and find out your options. If you can go through Canadian federal costs, it will cost you a lot of money. Chances of lifting the ban are slim if you responded to PFL and got the ban. When you received the PFL, you should have hired a lawyer to assist in the response. Travel history is to the UK, US, NZ and AUS.

Reactions: YVR123

sibrage

May 10, 2024
If you have a 5 year ban then you need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer and find out your options. If you can go through Canadian federal costs, it will cost you a lot of money. Chances of lifting the ban are slim if you responded to PFL and got the ban. When you received the PFL, you should have hired a lawyer to assist in the response. Travel history is to the UK, US, NZ and AUS.
My travel is UK, Japan, South Africa, UAE, and other countries. The question is can I appeal or not as is the refusal letter there is nothing about legal action.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My travel is UK, Japan, South Africa, UAE, and other countries. The question is can I appeal or not as is the refusal letter there is nothing about legal action.
So just to clarify…you received a PFL asking to you to respond and you did with legal assistance. And then you got a 5 year ban. If you got a 5 year ban, you may be able to appeal but will need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer and get advice. As I said an appeal, if even possible, will cost a lot of money.

sibrage

May 10, 2024
So just to clarify…you received a PFL asking to you to respond and you did with legal assistance. And then you got a 5 year ban. If you got a 5 year ban, you may be able to appeal but will need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer and get advice. As I said an appeal, if even possible, will cost a lot of money.
I received the PFL and I responded to it myself after seeking guidance from an immigration consultant without charges he is based in Canada he just made minor changes in my cover letter for PFL and said your supporting documents are fine. Yes, I know lawyers or immigration consultants charge high approx 1500-2000 CAD.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Despite promptly responding to a request for further information by providing a bank letter for the PKR account and verified statements for the USD account,
So that's NOT just "a request for further information", it's the PFL which was very serious.

What was stated in the PFL? Did you miss to mention any visa refusal? Or refused entry to other countries?

I received the PFL and I responded to it myself after seeking guidance from an immigration consultant without charges he is based in Canada he just made minor changes in my cover letter for PFL and said your supporting documents are fine. Yes, I know lawyers or immigration consultants charge high approx 1500-2000 CAD.
You should have hired an immigration lawyer before you respond to the PFL.
IRCC is not satisfy with your respond. They determined that you have committed misrepresentation and is giving you a 5 year ban.
Expect to pay more than just $2000 CAD for fighting this decision of 5 year ban.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most appeals to federal court will cost $10k+. Responding to the PFL without the assistance of an immigration lawyer was not a good idea. Consultants are not lawyers, and if he did it for free then he didn’t do anything to help you. So hire a lawyer and discuss next steps. You cannot do this without one.

What was reason for PFL?

Last edited: