+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga processing times - Family sponsorship.

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
Hey all! I am sponsoring my wife as an inland application. We have sent everything in June of this year and we have completed all steps.
My wife got a pre-arrival services letter September 8, 2023, then, September 9, 2023 she got her legibility letter.

Our lawyer did not see that IRCC asked for her medicals and biometrics back in August as it went to a spam folder. A few days after we got the legibility, I went to the tracker and noticed the biometrics and medical request, so we ended up doing them about a month later (already after the legibility letter).

The timing has been as followed:
AOR: June 22, 2023
Medical and Biometrics request: August 15, 2023
Eligibility letter: September 9, 2023
Biometrics and Medical completed: October 3, 2023
Background verification complete: November 20, 2023
Eligibility letter No 2: November 21, 2023
My own eligibility letter (as I am a PR under my parents): December 5, 2023

My application has always been at Mississauga, which my lawyer says is a good thing and to rest assure because there are no reasons to panic, but the thing is, I panic, because I am very impatient and I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself.

It has been 9 long years that I have been waiting to see my family abroad, but then in the middle of this, I met my wife and I swore to not leave her here alone without me and I wanted her to come along, so I have waited. My grandmother is sick, we fear lung cancer and I really want to go and see her, and I actually thought that the application has been somewhat fast, but was wondering how much longer is there to wait, since everything is completed, but there is no COPR yet, and no update on the portal since November 21, 2023.

Any help reassuring me is very welcome. Let me know your experiences.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
First of all your lawyer is lyin to you about the biometrics going into spam folder. This is why you should have your own online tracker to see the progress of things and can update it as soon as possible, also, this application takes 10 months to process. Be patient man, if you can’t go see you grandmother alone. You’re complaining for nothing I promise you, I am in a worst situation than you. Be grateful !!

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
First of all your lawyer is lyin to you about the biometrics going into spam folder. This is why you should have your own online tracker to see the progress of things and can update it as soon as possible, also, this application takes 10 months to process. Be patient man, if you can’t go see you grandmother alone. You’re complaining for nothing I promise you, I am in a worst situation than you. Be grateful !!
I am grateful, I don't understand the need to be rude for a question I have made. I understand that a lot of people have different things going on and that you might be on a much worse situation that I am, but I have my right to ask for other people experiences from the same office. I have read some people having their COPR available on the portal with a day or two of everything being completed, hence I asked.

My understanding is that the 10 month period is from the beginning to the end of an application countrywide, no specific to an office itself. I am trying to see what other people might be able to tell me about this as I am sure many others have done the same exact thing.

I am sorry you are on a bad situation right now, but please, limit being rude to people that have never hurt you in any way!

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
I am not being rude. Sorry it came off as that, you will get through within the 10 months period. My cousin got his PR in four months from start to finish, mine was submitted same month as yours. You also need to get ahold of your lawyer and let them give you the login to the email and stuff so you guys see the communication from IRCC directly.

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
I am not being rude. Sorry it came off as that, you will get through within the 10 months period. My cousin got his PR in four months from start to finish, mine was submitted same month as yours. You also need to get ahold of your lawyer and let them give you the login to the email and stuff so you guys see the communication from IRCC directly.
Thank you for your answer, I truly appreciate that. I also thought it was weird that my lawyer said that the medical and biometrics request were sent to spam folder, and ended up delaying it more than a month.

I try to get ahold of her, but sometimes I just end up ignored and is hard to get answers. I hope your situation gets solved soon.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Yea I am fighting deportation order because my lawyer lied to me for three years. Only to find out he’s not a legit lawyer just a consultant. They always do these tactics, remember they have 100’s of clients and they can’t keep track of everything so that’s why they said it went to spam.

I paid my money signed documents since July 2020, and my application wasn’t submitted until April of this year and it was returned due to him rushing to do it then I resubmit in June.

I am up to my neck with this sorry if I came off harsh earlier.

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
Yea I am fighting deportation order because my lawyer lied to me for three years. Only to find out he’s not a legit lawyer just a consultant. They always do these tactics, remember they have 100’s of clients and they can’t keep track of everything so that’s why they said it went to spam.

I paid my money signed documents since July 2020, and my application wasn’t submitted until April of this year and it was returned due to him rushing to do it then I resubmit in June.

I am up to my neck with this sorry if I came off harsh earlier.
Look, I wouldn't even be on your feet and that is totally fine, you have a valid reason with a lot of your plate. I wish I had the means to help you, and I am sorry that someone did that to you, I just wish that person to end up in prison. I would advise to keep every bank transaction and paperwork handy. I know a case that a woman wanted to apply for PR and came as a visitor. Ended up staying as a house cleaner. One day, she got contacted by a customer. She went, cleaned the house and within minutes from being paid and leave, she got arrested because the customer called IRCC on her after she just did what she was hired to do.

She faced deportation, but she was lucky. She explained she was just trying to get some money to apply for a PR and that she only did what she did because she was a single mother. IRCC released her with the condition that she woudn't work and she had to show up weekly at their office. She did, and with their help, she submitted the documents. She was a PR within a year.

I truly hope you end up staying and that you get the help to be able to become a PR and depending on IRCC officers, you might have a case where they will somehow help you get your PR.

Reactions: elowinka

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You wanna know something funny, I was arrested in September, spent one week at detention centre. I was going to get deported but God is on my side and I got bail, I now report weekly. The thing is my file was transferred to Etobicoke for assessment and this now means my application is well beyond processing time so it won’t be sorted out anytime soon and I currently have a removal order.

The emotions I feel everyday is terrible, I have my two young children here and my business I started up in 2020. This guy lied to me and now I’m in the worst position possible, I’m never giving up though.

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
You wanna know something funny, I was arrested in September, spent one week at detention centre. I was going to get deported but God is on my side and I got bail, I now report weekly. The thing is my file was transferred to Etobicoke for assessment and this now means my application is well beyond processing time so it won’t be sorted out anytime soon and I currently have a removal order.

The emotions I feel everyday is terrible, I have my two young children here and my business I started up in 2020. This guy lied to me and now I’m in the worst position possible, I’m never giving up though.
I am truly sorry for you and I hope this gets sorted in a way where they let you stay until final decision is made at least. I will be rooting for you!

M32

Dec 6, 2023
why do people go to lawyers and everything is available online, all required documents are mentioned online, all forms can be filled online, alot of guides and materials to help filling the forms are online, alot of youtube videos are available to fill up the forms and upload supporting documents. lawyers will rip you off and charge alot of money and they will always ignore you and they dont follow up on your file. and its the most important time in your life while you are waiting for PR!

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
why do people go to lawyers and everything is available online, all required documents are mentioned online, all forms can be filled online, alot of guides and materials to help filling the forms are online, alot of youtube videos are available to fill up the forms and upload supporting documents. lawyers will rip you off and charge alot of money and they will always ignore you and they dont follow up on your file. and its the most important time in your life while you are waiting for PR!
Not everyone has a straight forward case. Some have complicated issues, maybe previous marriages or legal issues. But I agree that IRCC has made it very easy for simple cases

Reactions: ruimiguel

ruimiguel

Dec 11, 2023
Not everyone has a straight forward case. Some have complicated issues, maybe previous marriages or legal issues. But I agree that IRCC has made it very easy for simple cases
This is a little my case, mostly because I had to use information from my parents PR application. There were things that I just didn't know or don't remember, so I had to use their lawyer to make sure every information sent was correct and matched previous information.