+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Did they change the layout on GCkey? logged in this morning and it had my application toward the top of the page under the section: "
View the applications you submitted" which leads me to another page which seemed to have all of the same info as before, no new updates or messages, just altered the format slightly. Still has all the information like;

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sorry if my explanation sounds confusing, maybe it's just my application moving along, just thought it was a little strange.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Did they change the layout on GCkey? logged in this morning and it had my application toward the top of the page under the section: "
View the applications you submitted" which leads me to another page which seemed to have all of the same info as before, no new updates or messages, just altered the format slightly. Still has all the information like;

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sorry if my explanation sounds confusing, maybe it's just my application moving along, just thought it was a little strange.
Yes, the layout changed.

Reactions: Duemanshi

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
It seems my application is being processed more slowly than most in this forum! UK Citizen, BGC was my last update (end of April). Any other January AOR applicants with similar timeline?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
It seems my application is being processed more slowly than most in this forum! UK Citizen, BGC was my last update (end of April). Any other January AOR applicants with similar timeline?
I looked up online to see how busy Canadian Embassy - High Commision in London is.

I gathered that it’s very very busy since they deal with applications from so many countries in the world.

So as well as dealing with applications from within the UK, they have to process other applications too! Hence the wait and the queue is very long and tiring.

Note that sometime the BGC could take longer then usuall.

If the PA’s travel history is almost none, the BGC is going to take less then a month and vice versa.

If you check CIC.GOV and look for London VO, you will see what another countries are assigned to London, UK’s Canadian High. Commission.

Regards

Revenant

Last edited:

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
I looked up online to see how busy Canadian Embassy - High Commision in London is.

I gathered that it’s very very busy since they deal with applications from so many the countries in the world.

So as well as dealing with applications from within the UK, they have to process other applications too! Hence the wait and the queue is very long and tiring.

Note that sometime the BGC could take longer then usuall.

If the PA’s travel history is almost none, the BGC is going to take less then a month and vice versa.

If you check CIC.GOV and look for London VO, you will see what another countries are assigned to London, UK’s Canadian High. Commission.

Regards

Revenant
My application is being kept in Mississauga as they have determined it to be non-complex! My AOR2 also stated it would be processed in Mississauga. My GCMS notes state that even my secondary office is Ottawa.

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
Yes the final DM - thank you and congrats! When you say submitted all docs to high commission do you mean just the additional passport pics, and submit the other requests via the webform?

Thanks!
The webform wasn't an option to submit documents on our letter. We were told (as my husband doesn't require mailing his passport, just a copy) that we could submit (1) the PPR letter along with the filled out appendix A form (this is the form later included later on in the letter), (2) 2 passport photos, and (3) a copy of his passport via our CIC account (which I believe is different then the webform) or via mail. As we have had difficulties submitting documents via our CIC account before, we opted to just mail these documents in. We also had to include a self-addressed envelope in the package for them to mail us his COPR (I'm assuming).

I'm not sure if different applications receive different instructions but just consult with your PPR letter. It should have your options and exactly what you should include for the office to issue your COPR. Good luck!

Last edited:

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
My application is being kept in Mississauga as they have determined it to be non-complex! My AOR2 also stated it would be processed in Mississauga. My GCMS notes state that even my secondary office is Ottawa.
Oh I see!
Then hopefully you’ll hear from them soon

Lele74

Apr 25, 2018
London
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22/01/2018
Doc's Request.
25/3/2018
File Transfer...
25/04/2018
Med's Request
25/03/2018
Exact same position as yourself, 22nd Jan PA living in Canada, just waiting for my husbands Case with Mississauga to move forward from BGC2 to PPR... the wait is soul destroying.

Reactions: C.R.M.

Lele74

Apr 25, 2018
London
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22/01/2018
Doc's Request.
25/3/2018
File Transfer...
25/04/2018
Med's Request
25/03/2018
Exact same position as yourself, 22nd Jan PA living in Canada, just waiting for my husbands Case with Mississauga to move forward from BGC2 to PPR... the wait is soul destroying.
Sorry I’m the sponsor husband in UK is PA

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
It really is. We can only hope that it is being moved forward behind the scenes and we will hear soon. It's disheartening to see others with PPR and landing already that applied after us.

can2018?

Jul 25, 2017
Hi all - quick question if someone can help please. I sent away my new passport pictures today and now just need to uploaded passport scan and new appendix a form. It looks like to site has been updated and now I don't have the option to upload anything in CIC. Can anyone please help?? Thanks!!

Last edited:

can2018?

Jul 25, 2017
Just on the above - I assume even though I'm visa exempt (British) I still have to uploaded a passport scan, but as there is no request in CIC it doesn't look like i can? Perhaps all I needed to do was send the physical photos and I dont need to upload anything into CIC? It's really confusing and quite hard to describe, sorry if I'm not doing a good job of it.

brttnywtlngtn

Jan 7, 2017
Denver
Just on the above - I assume even though I'm visa exempt (British) I still have to uploaded a passport scan, but as there is no request in CIC it doesn't look like i can? Perhaps all I needed to do was send the physical photos and I dont need to upload anything into CIC? It's really confusing and quite hard to describe, sorry if I'm not doing a good job of it.
i’m also visa exempt, being from the us. and PPR letter clearly asked for me to mail everything they were asking for. there was an address for if i was mailing inside canada and if i was mailing outside of canada. hope this helps!

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
Hi all - quick question if someone can help please. I sent away my new passport pictures today and now just need to uploaded passport scan and new appendix a form. It looks like to site has been updated and now I don't have the option to upload anything in CIC. Can anyone please help?? Thanks!!

This was the same issue my husband and I had (which is why we opted to mail). If you have already mailed them your passport photos I would suggest writing to CIC using the IRCC webform and reporting your technical issue. When you do this take a print screen on how the “upload” page looks on your account (as they will email you back and ask you do this if you don’t) and attach it to your message. Hopefully they’ll be able to help you figure out why you don’t see the upload option in your submitted application.