+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Just a random question. Do they ever process applications in Mississauga when PA is from India and case has almost zero red flags? Haven't heard about anyone from India being processed entirely in Mississauga. So wondering...if they ever process in Mississauga when PA's county is not visa exempt?

M

marilamb

Just sent in Schedule A through GcKey yesterday at 6pm. As well, had to send a few other docs because hubby needed to give explanations on a past very minor conviction and then a dismissed charge. As well as an explanation about his addresses, a job or 2 and his high schooling. We have got a legal opinion letter from a lawyer saying since his charges are old and one is minor and the other was dismissed (not charged) and that was uploaded long with a state PCC, that they didn't ask for what we wanted to sent with.

So I sent these bunch of explanations, legal opinion letter and extra PCC through the WebForm at 9pm last night. Was told on the phone by cic, and others that it could take 10 days for them to reply back. This morning at 10am I got an email from IRCC that they had seen my WebForm and forwarded it to the office (Mississauga I assume, because hubby is American and his app should still be there).

That was way faster than I expected.

Then was told earlier it could take a few days to see updates on GcKey, well I just checked it and seen this message: "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided."

Does this mean they have everything? I put on Schedule A in the box where it said to give reason why you answered yes and told them quickly why and said that I would be sending extra docs through webform with all detailed info.

Whats next? Background check, and if they have an issue with the 2 of my husbands arrests/1 conviction/1 dismissal, will they notify me?

Happy its being "reviewed" so quickly and I got a response from webform, just super scared of denial.

Will keep everyone updated.

Harsi

May 29, 2018
Just a random question. Do they ever process applications in Mississauga when PA is from India and case has almost zero red flags? Haven't heard about anyone from India being processed entirely in Mississauga. So wondering...if they ever process in Mississauga when PA's county is not visa exempt?
Is it true it can happen like that....i will pray to god that all our application can be processed in missisauga only

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
Just got DM on ECAS but still in process for eligibility (with BGC started one day ago) on gckey...is this normal??

Sorry just to provide context. Already received SA and medical/background check form were submitted about a month or so ago.

Last edited:

webs

Feb 16, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missassauga
App. Filed.......
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-03-2018
Med's Request
15-03-2018
Med's Done....
04-11-2018
LANDED..........
2018-06-22
Sorry just to provide context. Already received SA and medical/background check form were submitted about a month or so ago.
What's your timeline?

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
What's your timeline?
Application received: Jan 18th/2018
Application acknowledgement letter: Mar 5
SA: March 15
Medical request: Mar 16
Background check form request: Mar 21
Both above submitted by April 19th
Visa office letter: May 9th
DM on ecas: today

Less then about 3 months since they began processing?? I’m assuming we should be expecting a PPR letter soon....hopefully!

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Anyone know what comes next and potentially when? I miss my wife dearly

Application received: Feb 28
SA and PCC request: April 11
SA and PCC submitted: April 17
Medical request: April 18
Medical exam: April 26
Medical passed: May 9

ecas just says medical results have been received while GCkey is telling me I passed. Also, it still says "reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." not sure if that's out of the ordinary.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018

Less then about 3 months since they began processing?? I’m assuming we should be expecting a PPR letter soon....hopefully!
Holy! Speedy!

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Question: went through customs yesterday to renew my visitor record and was told by the CBSA officer that my app was processed Friday and that they already have a T number (?) issued for me that I will need to get my SIN number. Any idea when DM or PPR may be coming?
December applicant
The T number is like your immigrant "visa" number. I guess since you are visa exempt, it's issued automatically once your app has been approved. You should have gotten PPR/DM by now.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017

Congratulations!

Have to admit that I'm a little jealous given that your application was received after mine; but at least it gives good hope for everyone else.

I'm guessing you'll get a PPR letter soon. Mississauga seems to send things out in batches so I'd expect that you'll receive a notice within a week or so.

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
Congratulations!

Have to admit that I'm a little jealous given that your application was received after mine; but at least it gives good hope for everyone else.

I'm guessing you'll get a PPR letter soon. Mississauga seems to send things out in batches so I'd expect that you'll receive a notice within a week or so.

Thank you! Fingers crossed you get DM soon too!

Reactions: evdm

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Anyone know what comes next and potentially when? I miss my wife dearly

Application received: Feb 28
SA and PCC request: April 11
SA and PCC submitted: April 17
Medical request: April 18
Medical exam: April 26
Medical passed: May 9

ecas just says medical results have been received while GCkey is telling me I passed. Also, it still says "reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." not sure if that's out of the ordinary.
I don't know the most recent timeline for Mississauga folks, most of late last year's applicants processed by Mississauga waited about 4 and half months from the very beginning to the finish line, like me. I guess if your case is pretty straight forward and no major red flags, the worst may be around 6 months, which means you probably will have your DM around mid to end of August of this year, and it could be much earlier than that. Also, if Mississauga still does the same routine to update info on ECAS as before, the next line you will have will be "In Process" as status and " We started to process your application on xxxxx" as an added line in detail. Once you get "In Process" on ECAS, usually it means your DM will show up in days or in couple weeks. Please note, this is only for folks that the whole case processed by Mississauga.

Reactions: Duemanshi

c17smith

Feb 27, 2018
The T number is like your immigrant "visa" number. I guess since you are visa exempt, it's issued automatically once your app has been approved. You should have gotten PPR/DM by now.
Sounds good, been trying to get ahold of the call centre a few times a day since then and no luck. They also told me I should expect something in the mail anytime, is that the pre-arrival thing? I assumed there would be DM in ECAS before that but I’m not sure.