Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Does anyone know if they can ask for additional docs more than one time? Passed medical a couple weeks ago, and just received a request on Friday for some additional docs (incl. a new passport even though my partner's passport is valid until January 2019 - this is going to delay our application by about 7 weeks as Vancouver consulate office is extremely busy and no appointments available for a month + 3 weeks to get new passport) - I'm just wondering if this will be the last thing they'll ask for, or if they request items as they go through the application....

Thanks! :)
Curious as well

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
If you don't mind me asking, what additional proof did you provide? did you send a lot of evidence the first time?
I did not have a lot of evidence in our initial application, mostly because my husband and I had just decided in February of 2017 that we were going to move to Canada. I had wanted to move back for a long time, but we only recently started planning it. So at the time of our application, we didn't have a super detailed plan yet. I included a 2-page statement of intent in our original application and some evidence of housing research/planning. I indicated at the end of my statement that I could send more info as we progressed with our plans, because I read online somewhere to submit what you can and if they need more info, they'll ask for it. I was approved as a sponsor in November so I figured what I submitted was sufficient. But sure enough, they requested additional info from me (sponsor) once they started my husband's (the PA) background check. Here's what I included the second time:

-updated statement with the progress of our plans for housing and jobs
-letter of support from my brother in Toronto attesting to my plan to return to Canada
-letter of support from my aunt in PEI " " "
-letter of support from my husband's current employer stating his knowledge of our plans to move and his support to help my husband transfer within the company to a Canadian location
(these letters weren't notarized, but they were all written on each person's respective company letterhead to show credibility, and included their signature and personal contact info)
-copies of emails spanning several months between me and my family (brother and aunts) discussing my moving plans
-screenshots from my computer search history showing apartment & job searches, spanning the past several months
(luckily I don't regularly delete my search history)
-email correspondence with rental properties
-email to a Toronto company inquiring about a job position
-copies of flight itinerary from my two most recent trips to Toronto to show that I've maintained ties to my hometown
(luckily I still had copies of these flights in my email inbox from booking my tickets online in the past)

I know it sounds like a lot of extra info, and I probably went overboard, but I had to include as much as I could because I have been living outside Canada for over 20 years, which can be harder to prove intent to return. I moved away with my family when I was a young teenager, and therefore I didn't have proof of a job that I was returning to, or any property or bank account or anything too official.
If you're looking for ideas of what to send if or when you get a similar request, it's good to document all your moving preparations such as saving copies of emails when you've inquired about apartments or jobs, or emails sent to friends, etc. I basically had most of this already on my computer - the only additional thing I did was to ask for the letters of support, which people were happy to do for us.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
were not sure how to do that from Canada. He was supposed to go back tot he usa but a few things happened and he is staying here.
You can do it very quickly using the new eDO system the FBI released a few weeks ago. You will see it when you go to the page on the FBI site to request a new PCC

2pears

Jan 3, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-09-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
Landed on March 1st! Imported a vehicle and had a full list of accompanying goods at the Lewiston-Queenston bridge.

They barely even glanced at our goods list. Had to wait about an hour to be called up to the desk but everything was resolved quickly from there.

Thanks for all the help/hope everyone provided. This was a very helpful resource.

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Landed on March 1st! Imported a vehicle and had a full list of accompanying goods at the Lewiston-Queenston bridge.

They barely even glanced at our goods list. Had to wait about an hour to be called up to the desk but everything was resolved quickly from there.

Thanks for all the help/hope everyone provided. This was a very helpful resource.
Congratulations and good luck in your new chapter!

Reactions: 2pears
M

marilamb

You can do it very quickly using the new eDO system the FBI released a few weeks ago. You will see it when you go to the page on the FBI site to request a new PCC
Where do we get fingerprints tho in the Toronto/Brampton/Mississauga area?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
My husband got Passport Request yesterday! We're August 17th, 2017 applicants.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Where do we get fingerprints tho in the Toronto/Brampton/Mississauga area?
There is an active FBI PCC thread somewhere in this forum, you may want to ask there and I'm sure you could get some recommendations. Unfortunately I had my prints done in the states and not here in Toronto so I am not sure. I know it's easy to get them done here though.

M

marilamb

There is an active FBI PCC thread somewhere in this forum, you may want to ask there and I'm sure you could get some recommendations. Unfortunately I had my prints done in the states and not here in Toronto so I am not sure. I know it's easy to get them done here though.
Thank you so much.

WhiteWalker89

Aug 29, 2017
I did not have a lot of evidence in our initial application, mostly because my husband and I had just decided in February of 2017 that we were going to move to Canada. I had wanted to move back for a long time, but we only recently started planning it. So at the time of our application, we didn't have a super detailed plan yet. I included a 2-page statement of intent in our original application and some evidence of housing research/planning. I indicated at the end of my statement that I could send more info as we progressed with our plans, because I read online somewhere to submit what you can and if they need more info, they'll ask for it. I was approved as a sponsor in November so I figured what I submitted was sufficient. But sure enough, they requested additional info from me (sponsor) once they started my husband's (the PA) background check. Here's what I included the second time:

-updated statement with the progress of our plans for housing and jobs
-letter of support from my brother in Toronto attesting to my plan to return to Canada
-letter of support from my aunt in PEI " " "
-letter of support from my husband's current employer stating his knowledge of our plans to move and his support to help my husband transfer within the company to a Canadian location
(these letters weren't notarized, but they were all written on each person's respective company letterhead to show credibility, and included their signature and personal contact info)
-copies of emails spanning several months between me and my family (brother and aunts) discussing my moving plans
-screenshots from my computer search history showing apartment & job searches, spanning the past several months
(luckily I don't regularly delete my search history)
-email correspondence with rental properties
-email to a Toronto company inquiring about a job position
-copies of flight itinerary from my two most recent trips to Toronto to show that I've maintained ties to my hometown
(luckily I still had copies of these flights in my email inbox from booking my tickets online in the past)

I know it sounds like a lot of extra info, and I probably went overboard, but I had to include as much as I could because I have been living outside Canada for over 20 years, which can be harder to prove intent to return. I moved away with my family when I was a young teenager, and therefore I didn't have proof of a job that I was returning to, or any property or bank account or anything too official.
If you're looking for ideas of what to send if or when you get a similar request, it's good to document all your moving preparations such as saving copies of emails when you've inquired about apartments or jobs, or emails sent to friends, etc. I basically had most of this already on my computer - the only additional thing I did was to ask for the letters of support, which people were happy to do for us.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, and congratulations on the Passport request, my wife (sponsor) lives with me in Miami, US but shes been living here in the US for a short period of time, so hopefully they wont drill me too hard on the intent to return.

WhiteWalker89

Aug 29, 2017
Here is my timeline,

Outland app from Miami, US

App received Dec 14th 2017
AOR1 Feb 6th 2018
PCC & Schedule A request Feb 6th 2018
Uploaded PCC & Schedule A Feb 12th 2018
Medical request Feb 23rd
Letter informing app will be processed at CPC Mississauga Feb 23rd 2018
SA approval letter March 2nd 2018
Medical passed March 3rd 2018

Waiting..........

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
We are planning to visit canada in 2 weeks time and do the soft land8ng and then return to UK after visiting for 10 days! Does anyone know is it at this time I need to take a list of goods we will be taking when we do move? Thanks

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
how ,uch more time do i have to wait before final DM????
i have no idea. applications are processed through individually and there is no definite timeline. but the Canadian government is saying that spousal applications will be processed within 12 months.